1 (2.5%)
Naismith (Sub) :(
9 (22.5%)
Osman (Sub) :(
0 (0%)
McCarthy (Sub) :(
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Everton v Crystal Palace  (Read 35099 times)

April 16, 2014, 07:56:26 PM
Reply #60

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think I would play this

Howard
Coleman Stones Distin Baines
Barry Mccarthy
Mcgeady Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku

Leaves Deulefeou, Osman and Naismith to come on and turn the game if needed or see us home

Simply simply lovely

April 16, 2014, 08:21:32 PM
Reply #61

Ross

I think we'll go with McGeady, Naismith and Osman behind Lukaku.

The rest of the team has picked itself for most of the season and Bobby's not going to change that so late in the day. They'll be well organised and are likely to sit back and keep us at arms length for as long as possible, and you can understand that because let's be honest a draw for them is a great point and they'll be very happy with it considering our form and home record.

I imagine we'll be looking to tire them out with some clever and hard working performances from the attacking 3/4 and then change it up and add some skill and pace as they tire off in the second half, looking to exploit the gaps that inevitably appear.

The key is that the crowd don't let frustrations and nerves transfer themselves to the players on the pitch, there's a good reason why we're the top team in the league for scoring late goals. This season we've put teams through a lot of hard work keeping us out and chasing the ball and as they tire we've been good at exploiting it. Patience will be key tonight, 3 points is all that matters really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 16, 2014, 08:27:38 PM
Reply #62

goodtouchforabigman

Defo agree, patience is the watch word for tonight, although saying that when ever I think of the game my stomach does weird things.

April 16, 2014, 08:33:01 PM
Reply #63

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Bill definitely dropped a bollock lol

Following Martinez's appointment last June, chairman Bill Kenwright revealed that the Spaniard had promised to win qualification to the Champions League.

Speaking before the Palace game, Martinez said: "It was a little bit too early to say we would be challenging because I hadn't even told my players about the vision.

"I expected to be the one to slowly unfold the plans, not just give it on the first day, and my worry was how the group would react. It would have helped if he'd allowed me to say it to the players first.

"I didn't say anything, because I have great respect for the chairman. When you meet him you realise his life is Everton and he has a genuine love for the football club."
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 16, 2014, 09:18:12 PM
Reply #64

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez: "Pressure? Pressure comes when you have something to lose. We have everything to gain"
I have to return some videotapes.

April 16, 2014, 09:18:49 PM
Reply #65

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Meeting Stone's sister before the game :)

April 16, 2014, 09:28:24 PM
Reply #66

sam of the south

Meeting Stone's sister before the game :)

Expand on this, Lizz
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 16, 2014, 09:31:45 PM
Reply #67

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Expand on this, Lizz

I know her, used to hang out sometimes when at school. Taken John to training when he was really young!! Not spoke for years though but just chatting to her lately about Everton, ive told her to tell him not to leave us haha

April 16, 2014, 09:33:15 PM
Reply #68

Evertonian in NC

Sounds like the groundwork being laid for the future Mrs. Stones to me!  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 16, 2014, 09:53:27 PM
Reply #69

Bluedylan

Haha, let the pressure in, it would/will feel great if/when it's relieved!

I've decided to look at it as seeing where we are after each round of fixture.

Having to win another 5 games in a row seems a heavy task; but if we break it down it seems easier. For instance even a draw tonight would see us in 4th with 4 games to go.

I think you're right. People keep talking about needing to win our last 5 games, or needing to put 12 wins in a row together. That seems incredibly daunting, when put like that.

We have to look at the games as discrete units. We have two games at home this week against teams that we have comfortably outperformed this season in the league. We have an exceptional home record, and we are arguably at our most confident all season. These two games are opportunities for us, not burdens.

And then if we win them, we only have 3 games left in the season, 2 of which are against teams that have very little to play for. A lot of Soton players will definitely be thinking about the World Cup, and even possible moves next season. Rodriguez's injury might well have heightened that. It would be completely natural for the edge to have gone from their game. And the same with Hull, and the cup final. Players will be wanting to avoid injury at all costs.

And then City, again it's at home, and it's against a team we've done very well against in recent years. Nothing to fear there.

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 16, 2014, 09:57:32 PM
Reply #70

Evertonian in NC

I would feel awesome about the City game if Barry could play.  He is our brain, es muy dificil to even imagine playing without him. 
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 16, 2014, 09:58:45 PM
Reply #71

Bluedylan

I would feel awesome about the City game if Barry could play.  He is our brain, es muy dificil to even imagine playing without him. 

Who takes his place? Barkley? Ossie? Bainesy? (probably not the latter, with Oviedo not available, and a bit too early for that experiment).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 16, 2014, 10:09:07 PM
Reply #72

edbootle

A big 5-0 win Lukaku :thumbsup:
:cheers:

April 16, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
Reply #73

Evertonian in NC

Who takes his place? Barkley? Ossie? Bainesy? (probably not the latter, with Oviedo not available, and a bit too early for that experiment).

I would roll with Barkley, and I suspect RM will do just that.  But quite nervous no matter what.

April 16, 2014, 10:15:00 PM
Reply #74

Alanvideo

Just been on the OS ,looks like about 20 seats left tonight. When did we ever sell out against Palace ?  :hail:
We are special ,we are Everton.