0 (0%)
Alcaraz (sub)
0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester United  (Read 26052 times)

April 18, 2014, 09:31:58 AM
Read 26052 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Manchester United
Goodison Park
Sunday 20th February 16:10
Premier League Match 35

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Newcastle 0-3 Everton (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)
Fulham 1-3 Everton (O.G, Mirallas, Naismith)
Everton 3-0 Arsenal (Naismith, Lukaku, O.G)
Sunderland 0-1 Everton (O.G)
Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace (Naismith, Mirallas)

Manchester United's last 5 domestic results:

Manchester United 0-3 Liverpool
West Ham 0-2 Manchester United (Rooney x2)
Manchester United 0-3 Manchester City
Manchester United 4-1 Aston Villa (Rooney x2, Mata, Hernandez)
Newcastle 0-4 Manchester United (Mata x2, Hernandez, Januzaj)

Everton

Everton's 7 match win came to a end in the most unexpected of their remaining matches on Wednesday losing 3-2 to a Determined Crystal Palace side. Everton haven't lost back to back home games since October 2011 after losing 2-0 to Liverpool and then 1-0 to Sunday's opponents thanks to a 19th minute Javier Hernandez goal. Everton best Manchester United at Old Trafford for the first time since the inaugural Premier League season this season and haven't done the double over the current champions since the 1969-70 season when Everton won 2-0 at Old Trafford and 3-0 at Goodison Park, Alan Ball scored in each match.

Despite that defeat to Crystal Palace, only three sides have picked more points in 2014 than the toffees and incredibly only the two clear title challengers contenders have picked up more victories. Interestingly Everton and Manchester United have scored (24) and conceded (16) exactly the same amount of goals this year but Everton are 6 points better off having played a game more.

Possible Line Ups

Manchester United

This will be Manchester United's first match in 11 days since their Champions League exit to Bayern Munich, their last Premier League match came 15 days ago with an emphatic 4-0 win away to Newcastle. Manchester United have won 4 away games in a row in the Premier League (Crystal Palace, West Brom, West Ham, Newcastle) and have kept 5 Clean sheets in a row (0-0 v Arsenal) on the road. Manchester United have taken more points from away games than any other team this season but have only won once away to a team in the top 10, beating Newcastle in their last match.

Although Manchester United boast a strong away record this season, they're the only top 7 team yet to seal an away victory to the rest of the 7 and have accumulated the lowest amount of points. In those 5 matches, they've scored 5 goals and conceded 11. Manchester United have taken just 6 points from a possible 33 against the top 7 which is the lowest, Tottenham who are next lowest have taken 9 points from a maximum of 36 whilst Chelsea lead the sides having taken 24 points from 33 and losing only to Everton.

Stats & Injuries

Everton: Long Term injuries Arouna Kone, Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo along with loanee Lacina Traore will all miss out this game though Phil Jagielka and Steven Pienaar could return.

Manchester United: Striking duo Robin Van Persie and Wayne Rooney are unlikely to play in this match but Marouane Fellaini, Rafael and Johnny Evans are all set to return.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 18, 2014, 09:57:43 AM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

April 18, 2014, 01:55:07 PM
Reply #2

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney will almost certainly play I would have thought

Wow they have had an epic amount of time to prepare for this!

Really hope we turn up for this one. The atmosphere really needs to be rocking. Could see Jagielka coming back in

If the unthinkable happens and we do get beat, the opposition manager could take a small step to winning some respect back by not celebrating
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 18, 2014, 04:37:55 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Best away record in the league

April 18, 2014, 05:14:12 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

April 18, 2014, 05:41:27 PM
Reply #5

Danny

Best away record in the league

Got shit results against all the top 7 though.

April 18, 2014, 05:44:19 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Got shit results against all the top 7 though.

No surprise there

April 18, 2014, 05:54:16 PM
Reply #7

baconsarnie

April 18, 2014, 06:22:06 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Good job we lost to Palace. Means Moyes can't end our winning streak.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

April 18, 2014, 08:44:10 PM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

I'm glad you good British folks taught me "gutted" because there's no other word to describe how I've felt for the last 40+ hours.  No idea how I will get my spirit back by Sunday morning.

Fortunately, I'm in the States, so it doesn't matter.  You locals have to be loud and proud, damn it!  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 18, 2014, 09:18:42 PM
Reply #10

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently Rooney's been declared fit.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

April 18, 2014, 11:10:29 PM
Reply #11

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Im going to this game, sat in street end as always. Absolutely dreading it, plus have to get the train with all the fucking mancs :(
I have to return some videotapes.

April 18, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Reply #12

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'm hoping the extent of my obstructed view in the lower bullens isn't too bad!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 18, 2014, 11:18:20 PM
Reply #13

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I'm hoping the extent of my obstructed view in the lower bullens isn't too bad!

Think id rather i couldnt see hahaha
I have to return some videotapes.

April 19, 2014, 12:31:25 AM
Reply #14

Redartin

Good job we lost to Palace. Means Moyes can't end our winning streak.

A positive from Wed night - Blargins AKA Roberto
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.