3 (13%)
Deulofeu (sub)
0 (0%)
Pienaar (sub)
0 (0%)
Traore (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Hull v Everton  (Read 24160 times)

May 07, 2014, 05:04:51 AM
Read 24160 times

Shogun

Administrator

Hull City v Everton FC
KC Stadium
Sunday 11th May 15:00
Premier League Match 38

Hull's last 5 domestic results:

Hull 1-0 Swansea (Boyd)
Hull 0-3 Arsenal
Fulham 2-2 Hull (Jelavic, Long)
Aston Villa 3-1 Hull (O.G.)
Manchester United 3-1 Hull (Fryatt)

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Sunderland 0-1 Everton (O.G)
Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace (Naismith, Mirallas)
Everton 2-0 Manchester United (Baines Pen, Mirallas)
Southampton 2-0 Everton
Everton 2-3 Manchester City (Barkley, Lukaku)

Hull City

Hull City have been in a comfortable league position for most of the season and were almost certain of safety with a late point away to Fulham which is the only point they have picked up in 3 away matches coming into the final day of the season on the back off 3-1 defeats to Aston Villa and Manchester United. Hull City have won 2 (Swansea, West Brom) and lost 4 {Arsenal, Manchester City, Newcastle, Southampton)of their last 6 home matches in the Premier League. Hull have picked up 7 points from 8 home matches in 2014 which is the worst in the division.

The reason Hull are staying up this year is down to their record against the teams around them this season. Only Fulham have taken less points from top half teams this season. Hull's 2 victories came against Liverpool at home who they beat 3-1 and Newcastle away who they defeated 3-2. The two draws were both at home, 1-1 against Tottenham Hotspur and 0-0 to Stoke City. Hull's biggest defeat to a top half side at home came against Newcastle who won 4-1.

Possible Line Ups

Everton

Everton's 2-3 defeat to Manchester City at the weekend was the second time this season that the Toffees have lost 2 back to back league games and the 15th match in a row Everton have played without a draw, the last draw came 20th January with a 1-1 draw away to West Bromwich Albion. Everton have won 3 of their last 4 away matches and have scored 21 goals in their last 10 Premier League matches, only Liverpool (29) and Manchester City (27) have scored more. Everton have scored just 9 goals in 9 away games in 2014.

Everton have scored exactly 2 goals in a match eleven times this season, which is more than any other side excluding Arsenal, who equal that feat. Everton have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 2. Everton's 2 defeats came recently after losing 3-2 to Crystal Palace and Manchester City at home though the draw came all the way back on the opening day of the season with a 2-2 draw away to Norwich. The other 9 times in which Everton have scored more than 2 goals have resulted in 8 wins and draw which came in the 3-3 derby at Goodison Park.

Stats & Injuries

Hull: Paul McShane and Joe Dudgeon could return from injury for the Tigers but goalkeeper Allan McGregor is unlikely to be risked. Sone Aluko, Robbie Brady and James Chester are also unlikely to feature.

Everton: Lacina Traore, Arouna Kone and Bryan Oviedo are all unlikely to feature though long term injury Darron Gibson could make an appearance and Steven Pienaar could be fit. Kevin Mirallas is also sidelined.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 07, 2014, 05:07:39 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Really hope mcshane is back for them, he is truly awful

Simply simply lovely

May 07, 2014, 08:28:36 AM
Reply #2

Thornton_19

LIke to finish the season with a win but its a nothing game, hopefully see a few youngsters and the players have a bit of fun.

May 07, 2014, 08:45:54 AM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

It will definitely be interesting to see how we play it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 07, 2014, 10:37:27 AM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It will definitely be interesting to see how we play it.

No it won't. it's the end of agreat season but it's a boring game that will be much like pre-season. best we can hope is a few youngsters getting starts. Now for the world cup and a wonderful transfer window
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 07, 2014, 10:52:06 AM
Reply #5

wepull

I would like us to reach the 70 point mark, so would want a win or a draw at least from this match.

May 07, 2014, 12:13:33 PM
Reply #6

BrotherEstapol

So no Traore...what a surprise.  :P

Maybe Bobby wanted him for FA cup final...

May 07, 2014, 02:26:18 PM
Reply #7

The Analog Kid

Be good to see some of the younger players get a run out for this. We can't go higher or lower in terms of placings, although to get above 70 points would be great, Hull have one eye on the cup next week so could also rest a few.

May 07, 2014, 04:13:36 PM
Reply #8

wilbur

A defeat in this game would mean we have lost 4 of our last 5 and I don't think that's a good stat to be carrying over the close season.

I think we should be going all out to win this and put on a show.
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

May 07, 2014, 06:50:27 PM
Reply #9

Trowel

I would like us to reach the 70 point mark, so would want a win or a draw at least from this match.
If we draw and finish in 5th on 70 points, it'll mean Martinez was spot on when he predicted in December that 71 points would be good enough for the CL place (without meaning to reopen the debate on the points required to finish above the 5th placed team...).
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

May 07, 2014, 07:14:01 PM
Reply #10

Mistertonblue

Ideally a victory from this but would like to see some of the youngsters and reserves played with World Cup elect players and regulars left out.
Some of Robles, Hibbert, Browning, Duffy, Garbutt, Gibson, Pienaar, McGeady, Delefeou, McAleny and Hope getting some action with some of them being swansongs.

May 07, 2014, 07:26:24 PM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Ideally a victory from this but would like to see some of the youngsters and reserves played with World Cup elect players and regulars left out.
Some of Robles, Hibbert, Browning, Duffy, Garbutt, Gibson, Pienaar, McGeady, Delefeou, McAleny and Hope getting some action with some of them being swansongs.
swansongs for who?

Simply simply lovely

May 07, 2014, 07:32:31 PM
Reply #12

Mistertonblue

swansongs for who?

Consensus seems to suggest Hibbert may be leaving and I think it's fair to say that some of the youngsters will be going. Would like to see Duffy and Hope play now that they've had game time and some confidence and also Browning and Garbutt to see if they do have the ability that has been suggested.

May 07, 2014, 07:44:35 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If they know that Hibbert is going then surely they would have done something for him at the end of last week?

Also, if any of the youngsters are going, I don't think that "giving" them an Everton appearance would be right.

May 07, 2014, 08:00:06 PM
Reply #14

Alanvideo

I think if Hibbert is out of contract he'll be accommodated on the coaching staff. I suppose Vellios could get a run out but he doesn't seem to like playing football.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:02:09 PM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.