November 21, 2017, 02:25:01 PM

Author Topic: Marco Materazzi  (Read 2246 times)

May 24, 2010, 12:23:12 AM
Read 2246 times

.Rimbo.

Is he the first Everton player to win both the World Cup and the Champions League?

deCoubertin

May 24, 2010, 12:27:25 AM
Reply #1

everton-4-ever

yeah, and as he looked around the stadium last night, with the Champions League trophy in his hands, he thought "I wish I hadn't left Everton" ;)

lolol lolol lolol

how gutted he must be on that greener grass
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

May 24, 2010, 12:42:42 AM
Reply #2

Fern

Didn't he once say we are a shambles?- like he said there was no order around the stadium and kids would be playing football with tennis balls outside the dressing rooms etc? Never appreciated him after that.

May 24, 2010, 12:56:05 AM
Reply #3

Hannibal Lecter

Didn't he once say we are a shambles?- like he said there was no order around the stadium and kids would be playing football with tennis balls outside the dressing rooms etc? Never appreciated him after that.
You can't handle the truth!!!  :snigger:
Jönköpings Södra IF

May 24, 2010, 02:04:19 AM
Reply #4

Fern

You can't handle the truth!!!  :snigger:

Yea actually i wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

May 24, 2010, 03:43:19 AM
Reply #5

Tony Clifton

He was a bit of a shambles himself at times..  For all his ability, and as shite as we mostly were while he was here, he was a fucking liabilty, and we were no better/worse off with/without him.

As for being "the only Everton player to win both..." ex-, former  Maybe, fuck knows, don't care.  He isn't an Everton player.  And he's a prize knob.

May 24, 2010, 04:02:31 AM
Reply #6

ally2

But a team with Materazzi and Fellaini, Saha, Distin etc. and there would be no messin'

May 24, 2010, 04:53:32 AM
Reply #7

blueslipper

He was a bit of a shambles himself at times..  For all his ability, and as shite as we mostly were while he was here, he was a fucking liabilty, and we were no better/worse off with/without him.

As for being "the only Everton player to win both..." ex-, former  Maybe, fuck knows, don't care.  He isn't an Everton player.  And he's a prize knob.
spot on observation,he was never an Everton player. He played for himself

May 24, 2010, 05:23:02 AM
Reply #8

Jamokachi

yeah, and as he looked around the stadium last night, with the Champions League trophy in his hands, he thought "I wish I hadn't left Everton" ;)

Is this not old yet? The constant sniping.

May 24, 2010, 07:35:03 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Everton have never won the champions league, so it's impossible for an Everton player to have won both.

Pedant rules!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 24, 2010, 06:42:15 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Like Dacourt, he suffered due to the particluar over zeal of referees that season. It wasn't a biased thing, I remember them being really harsh to everyone.

You could tell he was a class player, although he did collapse mentally towards the end of the season when the pressure of relegation was really starting to tell.

May 24, 2010, 09:48:44 PM
Reply #11

top flight for a long time

Like Dacourt, he suffered due to the particluar over zeal of referees that season. It wasn't a biased thing, I remember them being really harsh to everyone.

You could tell he was a class player, although he did collapse mentally towards the end of the season when the pressure of relegation was really starting to tell.

Maybe they were harsh to everyone but I seem to remember them being excessively harsh to us - a player received a second booking for kicking a ball against a hoarding in frustration for example, not kicking it away and time wasting but just because he was frustrated at letting it go out.  Plus numerous red cards for nothing challenges.

I think we were the only country that followed that book first, common sense second FIFA edict.
We're forever Everton....

May 24, 2010, 09:51:18 PM
Reply #12

everton-4-ever

tbh i never in a million years would have thought about him being a world and european cup winner from what we got to see

dacourt looked the more special player

May 24, 2010, 09:54:46 PM
Reply #13

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
He was a class act imo. I was gutted to see him go. But then again centre halves are my favourite players, especially left peggers.

May 24, 2010, 09:55:30 PM
Reply #14

everton-4-ever

scored a nice free kick if i remember right