October 21, 2018, 05:28:43 AM

Author Topic: Questions about football culture in your country and the presence of fans of for  (Read 314 times)

October 04, 2018, 02:34:56 PM
Read 314 times

kullboys

We have a popular journalist here in France (Daniel Riolo from RMC) who thinks we have a really poor football culture here, contrary to countries like England, Spain, Germany or Italy. To be fair, he's not really wrong but one of his arguments is that we have way too many french guys who support foreign teams (he calls them "footix"). And that's not totally false, we do have a lot of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern fans etc... He also says that such a phenomenon does not exist in these rich football culture countries (England, Spain, Italy, Germany). I actually don't know if that's true, so I'd really like to have several points of view about that.

Do you guys think there are in your country many fans of teams from other countries ?

Do you believe it's a sign of poor football culture that such fans exist in a country ?

October 04, 2018, 05:49:44 PM
Reply #1

gizzblue

The glory hunter paradime? .
Doesn't just exist in France ...I lived in Wales for a few years and never met a Swansea or Cardiff fan, i know they exist but the popular teams supporters were Man u, Everton ,and the Shite.

I know a lot of Bluenoses who will also aside the Everton kits buy the kids a real Madrid or Barcelona kit too ...but these are secondary to Everton .
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:23:08 PM by gizzblue »

October 04, 2018, 06:17:42 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
My dad always brought me a Barcelona top back whenever he went on holiday, I would never say I was a fan though
Simply simply lovely

October 09, 2018, 05:01:17 AM
Reply #3

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The glory hunter paradime? .
Doesn't just exist in France ...I lived in Wales for a few years and never met a Swansea or Cardiff fan, i know they exist but the popular teams supporters were Man u, Everton ,and the Shite.

I know a lot of Bluenoses who will also aside the Everton kits buy the kids a real Madrid or Barcelona kit too ...but these are secondary to Everton .

Spot on. Growing up I never knew any Cardiff City fans - and even today a vast number of Cardiff fans come from the surrounding Valleys. I've owned Cardiff City shirts, been to watch them on many occasion but I can hand on heart honestly say I'm not a fan - I do want them to do well but, last time they were in the PL it had a negative impact on rugby in the city both playing and watching, so I was sort of glad they were relegated. Cardiff Blues over Cardiff City anyday
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 09, 2018, 01:05:08 PM
Reply #4

bluenuck

Come to Canada.

Where manU fans still think SAF still manages the club and Rooney was there from the start.

Oh, and where Liverpool supporters feel they are the only club that exists. (Wait, thatís everywhere, right?)

And where every Real fan instantly became a juventus fan about 3 months ago. 

October 09, 2018, 04:01:40 PM
Reply #5

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Come to Canada.

Where manU fans still think SAF still manages the club and Rooney was there from the start.

Oh, and where Liverpool supporters feel they are the only club that exists. (Wait, thatís everywhere, right?)

And where every Real fan instantly became a juventus fan about 3 months ago. 

No wonder Americans think Canadians are stupid 😉 Obviously as a Blue though you are above the average Canuck
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: