February 27, 2017, 07:54:17 PM

Author Topic: 2016/17 manager-go-round  (Read 37726 times)

January 04, 2017, 06:54:12 AM
Reply #645

Jamokachi

Swansea woukd be best off giving this Curtis the job
Didn't he do well last season too?

They've given it to Clement

January 04, 2017, 12:25:42 PM
Reply #646

Shogun

Administrator
Harsh.

Too many teams shit themselves about getting relegated. You're better off seeing the season out, then if you do go down the manager is well equipped to bring you back up.

Is Phelan that man?

If they're savvy, they'll go for Rowett.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 04, 2017, 04:14:08 PM
Reply #647

Macca77

Is Phelan that man?

If they're savvy, they'll go for Rowett.

Looks like that's what they're doing, Rowett having talks today and could be appointed tomorrow.

Plebs on talksport reckon Phelan was sacked because he asked the board / owners for money to strengthen this month, because he can't get anything else out of the current players, so they said on your bike then.

January 04, 2017, 04:21:14 PM
Reply #648

74Blue

Looks like that's what they're doing, Rowett having talks today and could be appointed tomorrow.

Plebs on talksport reckon Phelan was sacked because he asked the board / owners for money to strengthen this month, because he can't get anything else out of the current players, so they said on your bike then.
Isn't that along the same lines as Steve Bruce leaving suddenly in the Summer?
Is this the same owner who wanted to change the club's name to Hull Tigers?
The owner there seems like a proper bellend. Why would anybody want to risk their managerial reputation and go to work for such a massive wanker?

January 04, 2017, 04:24:32 PM
Reply #649

Macca77

Isn't that along the same lines as Steve Bruce leaving suddenly in the Summer?
Is this the same owner who wanted to change the club's name to Hull Tigers?
The owner there seems like a proper bellend. Why would anybody want to risk their managerial reputation and go to work for such a massive wanker?

He's obviously not arsed is he, their squad is tiny and the players look fucked, I actually feel a bit sorry for them because they were on a hiding to nothing before the season started.

January 05, 2017, 03:45:34 AM
Reply #650

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber

They said on Radio 5 earlier that some Portuguese guy, Marco Silva, was due to be announced as new manager?

He's got the name of that French guy who managed Villa for a couple of months and never won a game written all over him. If only I could remember his name. Rowett would have been the better choice.

January 05, 2017, 09:11:20 PM
Reply #651

Macca77

Silva confirmed as Hull's new manager until the end of the season, so if he keeps them up he's hailed as a hero and given a contract, if they go down he can walk away saying he tried etc...

January 05, 2017, 09:12:39 PM
Reply #652

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Silva confirmed as Hull's new manager until the end of the season, so if he keeps them up he's hailed as a hero and given a contract, if they go down he can walk away saying he tried etc...

These type of deals always work well..............

Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

January 05, 2017, 09:17:27 PM
Reply #653

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Here's something you won't hear very often...

They'd have been much better going with Alan Pardew.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 06, 2017, 01:14:04 AM
Reply #654

Shogun

Administrator
Looks like he's done well in his career, very surprised he has ended up at Hull.

January 06, 2017, 05:19:41 AM
Reply #655

Jamokachi

He's got a great record.

January 08, 2017, 06:16:50 AM
Reply #656

Shogun

Administrator
He's got a great record.

Talks well too

Think Hull have made a good move there.

January 10, 2017, 10:30:25 PM
Reply #657

kramer0

January 12, 2017, 09:35:15 PM
Reply #658

blob

graham taylor is off the merrygoround. r.i.p.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38599231

February 22, 2017, 01:26:34 AM
Reply #659

Gash

Global Moderator
Owen Coyle binned off by Blackburn. Hardly surprising but what an absolute mess of a fucking club they've turned into.