August 18, 2019, 03:40:49 PM

Author Topic: Manager-go-round  (Read 126840 times)

October 28, 2014, 05:30:13 AM
Reply #75

toffee_scot

Now it's Blackpool's turn - Riga's sacking had been pretty much coming since the summer. It would take an absolute miracle to reverse their decline.

November 04, 2014, 02:53:35 AM
Reply #77

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-wanted-4557741
Think we'll see a lot of these stories over the coming months and years.
In years gone by that would have been seen as a big opportunity - these days though Everton are a better club in a better league.
(Zoolander)

November 04, 2014, 03:07:49 AM
Reply #78

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Serie a is trash

Sorry hill
Simply simply lovely

November 04, 2014, 03:18:36 AM
Reply #79

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's cool having our manager linked to inter though.

Their league ain't trash though. So many good teams in that league these days
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 04, 2014, 03:21:32 AM
Reply #80

Bluedylan

I see Miroslav Klose (aged 63) is on a hat-trick after 60 odd minutes of the Serie A game between Lazio and Cagliari.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 11, 2014, 12:17:27 AM
Reply #81

blob

bit of a back-track, but i always thought that this one (manager sacking) will take some beating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0HiuDV3UG4#ws

how fucking treacherous can you get...

November 13, 2014, 10:07:57 PM
Reply #82

Gash

Global Moderator
Rosler sacked at Wigan. After relative stability and patience with managers Whelan's fast becoming like many other chairmen. He was probably needing an excuse to get on SSN again, he's not been on for a while.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29969583

November 13, 2014, 11:16:16 PM
Reply #83

toffee_scot

A little bit surprised at the Rosler sacking, but it goes to show that chairmen nowadays are not prepared to give managers time to turn things around.  Even Whelan admitted himself (back in the media spotlight I see) that the decision appeared very harsh.

December 16, 2014, 12:25:55 AM
Reply #84

blob

reading sack nigel adkins
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:18:41 AM by blob »

December 16, 2014, 12:29:57 AM
Reply #85

The Analog Kid

reading sack neil adkins

One team you expect to be in and around the top four or five of the Championship and they fail massively every year now.

December 16, 2014, 12:51:18 AM
Reply #86

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
One team you expect to be in and around the top four or five of the Championship and they fail massively every year now.

The fact that Zingarevich turned out to be a complete fraud didn't help them over the last two seasons. They have new owners now who will no doubt want to bring their own candidate in.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 16, 2014, 12:57:55 AM
Reply #87

The Analog Kid

The fact that Zingarevich turned out to be a complete fraud didn't help them over the last two seasons. They have new owners now who will no doubt want to bring their own candidate in.

Absolutely no idea. All's I know is that they've been shite on the pitch, dropping something like 26 points out of 39/40?

December 16, 2014, 01:01:53 AM
Reply #88

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely no idea. All's I know is that they've been shite on the pitch, dropping something like 26 points out of 39/40?

IIRC what happened was that Zingarevich was announced with great fanfare, got given a controlling stake and was expected to take over, only to disappear without trace at the end of last season. They've got some new owners (I looked them up, they're from Thailand) who only took charge in September, the uncertainty about the club and the fact that they couldn't really sign players for money affected them really badly.

Maybe a more experienced manager could've turned it around quicker and maybe Adkins could've done it too given some transfer funds in January but we'll never know.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 01:02:18 AM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 17, 2014, 05:34:26 AM
Reply #89

ally2

Steve Clarke appointed lol. It's just the same names going around and around and around every few seasons