November 14, 2018, 09:19:28 PM

Author Topic: 2017/18 manager-go-round  (Read 91541 times)

September 29, 2015, 01:59:21 PM
Read 91541 times

74Blue

#Allardyceforthekop doesn't have the same ring but more likely.
We could always start off #SamforTheShite

December 21, 2015, 07:44:04 PM
Reply #1

74Blue

Not wanting to be smug or anything but I did predict Mourinho would have a major falling out with one of his players - probably Eden Hazard. Unfortunately the evidence has been lost in the premier league thread.
I think he's probably had a major falling out with more than one of them tbh. There were so many of them underperforming that it was clear that there had been some sort of major falling out behind the scenes.

March 14, 2016, 02:01:41 PM
Reply #2

74Blue

Our turnover suggests otherwise. We're huge, just not successful
Your list of honours would suggest otherwise...

March 30, 2016, 01:52:39 PM
Reply #3

74Blue

Question is, now that Remi Garde has gone, who will they realistically be able to attract? Yes, they are still a big club, but will anyone worth having really want to start their new management job taking them down into the Championship? Big rebuilding job required there.

July 15, 2016, 12:21:13 AM
Reply #4

74Blue

Sunderland considering David Moyes  if/when Allardyce goes.
How will they cope without their annual relegation battle?
Moyes would make them a solid mid-table side to be fair.

July 21, 2016, 02:28:31 PM
Reply #5

74Blue

Good, solid appointment for Sunderland and the perfect opportunity for Moyes to rebuild his reputation as a solid PL manager.

July 23, 2016, 02:50:42 PM
Reply #6

74Blue

You'd have to think that if Moyes doesn't get one of those two jobs that's him pretty much out the picture with regards to the Premier League. You can't be out of management long before you're a forgotten man.
I'm not sure Moyes would necessarily want the Hull job. I could see him going to Sunderland and doing a very good job of completing the job that Sam Allardyce started in making them more solid and hard to beat. I could see Moyes doing a similar job at Sunderland as he did at Everton, which I'm sure most Sunderland fans would be more than happy with right now, a solid mid-table premier league side with the foundations for the next manager to take them to the next level.
I just don't see Moyes viewing the Hull job in the same light as Sunderland. I think he would see Hull as too big a step down. Sunderland are still quite a big club, Hull just aren't.

January 04, 2017, 04:21:14 PM
Reply #7

74Blue

Looks like that's what they're doing, Rowett having talks today and could be appointed tomorrow.

Plebs on talksport reckon Phelan was sacked because he asked the board / owners for money to strengthen this month, because he can't get anything else out of the current players, so they said on your bike then.
Isn't that along the same lines as Steve Bruce leaving suddenly in the Summer?
Is this the same owner who wanted to change the club's name to Hull Tigers?
The owner there seems like a proper bellend. Why would anybody want to risk their managerial reputation and go to work for such a massive wanker?

April 02, 2018, 05:43:34 PM
Reply #8

74Blue

Pardew has left the building . Maybe they will send for Sam.
Let us pray!

April 26, 2018, 06:28:05 PM
Reply #9

74Blue

Stephen Gerrard on Rangers shortlist to become manager.
Cuntish man for a cuntish club.
They would be a perfect match.

May 18, 2018, 06:31:30 PM
Reply #10

74Blue

Reports that Darren Moore is to continue as WBA manager .
Despite the fact they went down, Darren Moore has actually done quite a good job since he took over there. They were pretty much already sunk when he took over, yet they still had a slim hope of survival right up until the last couple of games. It would have been very short sighted of West Brom to not give him the opportunity to see if he can bring them straight back up.