November 23, 2017, 06:01:58 AM

Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1936 times)

December 30, 2009, 02:23:52 AM
Read 1936 times

Chris

Administrator
Thought he'd been doing a good job at PNE so i'm disappointed to hear he's been sacked.

Hope we can get him involved in the club while he's out of work. Fantastic coach.

deCoubertin

December 30, 2009, 02:34:51 AM
Reply #1

dekko

Yes, I am also disappointed and a bit upset as they did not give him enough time.
I am sure he'll get over it and find another team to manage.

December 30, 2009, 02:44:25 AM
Reply #2

Endless, Nameless

Already a thread on this: http://www.nsno.co.uk/e107_plugins/smf/smf.php?topic=439.0

But yes, I'd like him back.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 30, 2009, 02:50:09 AM
Reply #3

MexicanToffee

I like Irvine, but bring him back to do what? Don't see how he would improve us.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

December 30, 2009, 05:03:50 AM
Reply #4

Endless, Nameless

I don't know why either. But I want him back.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 30, 2009, 05:16:25 AM
Reply #5

Midfield General

I think we've probably moved on from him now, but agree it's a shame he wasn't given more time, made the play offs last season did they not?

December 30, 2009, 05:25:00 AM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

Shame he's lost his job because he wasn't given much time when you consider this is more or less his first bad patch. But, I was fearful that if Moyes went for any reason we would go for Irvine as manager.  And I would like to think we are beyond going for a championship manager with a connection to the club. I would like to think we would try and go for someone like Hiddink, after all we have finished 5th in the last two seasons; and as big name as Hiddink is he is not scared of a challenge. 

December 30, 2009, 10:21:37 PM
Reply #7

Bluescouse1

But, I was fearful that if Moyes went for any reason we would go for Irvine as manager.  And I would like to think we are beyond going for a championship manager with a connection to the club. I would like to think we would try and go for someone like Hiddink, after all we have finished 5th in the last two seasons; and as big name as Hiddink is he is not scared of a challenge. 
[/quote]

What, A championship manager like Moyes was you mean.

As for Hiddink.
Wake up and smell the roses

December 30, 2009, 10:38:55 PM
Reply #8

Derek

No chance ever for Hiddink. Moyes goes, we'll get someone at a "lesser" club in the Prem (Coyle?) or someone doing a decent job in the Championship.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 30, 2009, 10:47:03 PM
Reply #9

fast lane

We might want to give Irvine a job, but he's been on his own feet, he may not relish being an assistant (or something similar).
He may be looking for his next managerial job,
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 31, 2009, 12:25:35 AM
Reply #10

Mayor Farnum

But, I was fearful that if Moyes went for any reason we would go for Irvine as manager.  And I would like to think we are beyond going for a championship manager with a connection to the club. I would like to think we would try and go for someone like Hiddink, after all we have finished 5th in the last two seasons; and as big name as Hiddink is he is not scared of a challenge. 

What, A championship manager like Moyes was you mean.

As for Hiddink.
Wake up and smell the roses

Agreed Moyes was a championship manager doing well. But that's what we've always done, and in the 35 years I've been watching Everton it's worked twice Howard Kendall and, to a certain extent Moyes.My point is, if the fifth top club in the best league in the world limits itself to looking in the championship for a manager we will never inproove.
 Say what you like about Peter Johnson but at least he tried to get Bobby Robson.