November 22, 2017, 07:15:38 PM

Author Topic: The Captaincy  (Read 2464 times)

May 26, 2010, 02:31:22 AM
Read 2464 times

.Rimbo.

Do you think it will have permanently changed by the end of the coming season?

deCoubertin

May 26, 2010, 02:32:52 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

May 26, 2010, 02:33:49 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I hope so, at the very least this should be Phil's last full season with us.  Would like any of Heitinga, Arteta or Howard to be given a go.

May 26, 2010, 02:37:12 AM
Reply #3

GARY

I hope so, at the very least this should be Phil's last full season with us.  Would like any of Heitinga, Arteta or Howard to be given a go.
what about jagielka

May 26, 2010, 02:38:33 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
what about jagielka

Fourth in line for me.  Doesn't command like those three.

May 26, 2010, 02:39:16 AM
Reply #5

sharpattack

No. Phil does a great job. Still prefer him at RB though
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

May 26, 2010, 02:39:23 AM
Reply #6

sharpattack

No. Phil does a great job. Still prefer him at RB though
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

May 26, 2010, 02:39:29 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Possibly. Depends if Moyes has A) The squad to drop his untouchables if they are off form, and B) The bollocks to drop his untouchables if they are off form.

If it's not Neville. Then Heitinga, Jagielka or Arteta for me.

May 26, 2010, 02:39:34 AM
Reply #8

.Rimbo.

I think he'd make a better captain than both Howard and Arteta.

May 26, 2010, 02:41:06 AM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think he'd make a better captain than both Howard and Arteta.

Each to their own I think he is a great defender who needs to concentrate on his own job.

May 26, 2010, 02:42:07 AM
Reply #10

GARY

[/quote
fair enough,my choice would be jonny then jagielka.

May 26, 2010, 02:45:28 AM
Reply #11

Thom

Administrator
If Coleman progresses well over the next season, and hints at making the right back berth his own, then I can see Neville remaining club captain but either Heitinga or Jagielka getting the captaincy for games.

May 26, 2010, 02:50:58 AM
Reply #12

Flusky

Possibly. Depends if Moyes has A) The squad to drop his untouchables if they are off form, and B) The bollocks to drop his untouchables if they are off form.

If it's not Neville. Then Heitinga, Jagielka or Arteta for me.

Has he not already dropped most of his untouchables? Hibbert and Osman haven't been first choice in a lot of games this season. I expect Neville to play less and less a part, especially considering he had surprise knee surgery.

I expect Cahill to be captain, with Heitinga as vice. I want Heitinga as captain, but that isn't going to happen is it?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 02:53:35 AM by Gwladiator »

May 26, 2010, 03:26:56 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
Has he not already dropped most of his untouchables? Hibbert and Osman haven't been first choice in a lot of games this season. I expect Neville to play less and less a part, especially considering he had surprise knee surgery.

I expect Cahill to be captain, with Heitinga as vice. I want Heitinga as captain, but that isn't going to happen is it?

Yup, But I can't help think if he could squeeze Neville and Hibbert into the same team he would.

Cahill was poor alot this season, yet got the armband. And if anything was worse while he wore it. I know we didn't have a lot of options, but a wee visit to bench and on as an impact sub might have changed him.

Saha's form dipped badly, but rarely did Yak, or Victor for that matter get a start ahead of him, and when they did, it was because Saha had a niggle, and I'm a huge fan of Saha.

And I hope Mucho(sp) is a decent keeper as Howard needs a serious threat to his position. He's a terrific keeper, but he's had an easy run in the team the last couple of season.

Like I said, all the above is squad size/injuries permitting.

May 26, 2010, 03:30:48 AM
Reply #14

Flusky

150% agree Cahill was worse when he wore the armband. Hopefully Moyes picks up on that and spares him the responsibility. I wouldn't consider Saha an untouchable personally, and I don't think any of our strikers played particularly well season gone. I hear what you're saying about Howard but I feel he's got better rather than complacent. It's Baines who needs a proper threat imo.