November 22, 2017, 03:26:09 PM

Author Topic: 'Everton fans are entitled to expect more from lukaku'  (Read 6031 times)

October 06, 2014, 08:51:39 PM
Reply #15

blueski

personally I think this is more tied to his overall fitness than ability

at the risk of transferring my own experience playing over to someone else I can personally say if I haven't recovered fully my legs feel like lead and my touch suffers

obviously he's a professional and would be different than you or I but he's still subject to fatigue and I wonder to what degree the need for Martinez to use him as much as he has has had an effect on his performances; afterall, in the past 3 seasons he's went from a high scoring imact sub for West Brom to a starting forward (who often played 60 only) in a more limited schedule to this season where he's playing in 2 competitive matches a week and training and playing at a high level for Belgium in off weeks and on top of that coming off a world cup summer with a shortened rest period vs. previous summers
Nil Satis

deCoubertin

October 07, 2014, 04:45:22 AM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Lukaku needs the ball in front of him and to get the ball further up the pitch, he's there to finish things off and score goals

His strength isn't receiving the ball with his back to goal 30-40 yards from goal

Not that it's easy to remedy this at all

He obviously takes the lions share of the blame for his poor form and deservedly so, Service to him could definitely be better though Imo. Something for the manager to look at
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 07, 2014, 04:49:09 AM
Reply #17

Dr. Sponge

One possibility is that his excellent physical attributes at such a young age has overshadowed his average footballing brain.

He doesn't seem to be naturally intelligent enough to join in with kind of crisp passing and moves that can cut open defences on a regular basis, unless he is absolutely 100% match fit.

I hope he proves me wrong but I can't help but think that a forward with more guile about his play would have fitted better into our team. Wilfred Bony, for example, looks far more comfortable on the ball and in link up play, than Lukaku ever has.

October 07, 2014, 05:49:12 AM
Reply #18

WalterHarrow

I get that we paid 28 million for him, but i still hate the fact that Lukaku has been singled out and targetted by everyone, when none of out players have been anywhere near good enough so far this season

If everyone was playing brilliantly then i would understand and accept the critisism, but no one has done much this season.

Im going to wait until everyone else starts playing to their potential to rate Lukaku

October 07, 2014, 07:06:39 AM
Reply #19

Alfie Noakes

It'd be nice if he scores a few goals in the next games and puts this thread to sleep.

October 07, 2014, 01:59:16 PM
Reply #20

Toddacelli

personally I think this is more tied to his overall fitness than ability

at the risk of transferring my own experience playing over to someone else I can personally say if I haven't recovered fully my legs feel like lead and my touch suffers

obviously he's a professional and would be different than you or I but he's still subject to fatigue and I wonder to what degree the need for Martinez to use him as much as he has has had an effect on his performances; afterall, in the past 3 seasons he's went from a high scoring imact sub for West Brom to a starting forward (who often played 60 only) in a more limited schedule to this season where he's playing in 2 competitive matches a week and training and playing at a high level for Belgium in off weeks and on top of that coming off a world cup summer with a shortened rest period vs. previous summers

I really hate hearing this stuff (not a dig at you Blueski) - he's a professional footballer, he gets enough hours rest and relaxation in his professional fitness programme and it's not like this is his first year is it?

Pro's play football as kids and develop and get given more and more all their lives as they can handle it - it's not a bloody shock to the system - this is what they DO!

:bonk:

Fatigue my arse. (that's not an invitation)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 07, 2014, 02:51:24 PM
Reply #21

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I really hate hearing this stuff (not a dig at you Blueski) - he's a professional footballer, he gets enough hours rest and relaxation in his professional fitness programme and it's not like this is his first year is it?

Pro's play football as kids and develop and get given more and more all their lives as they can handle it - it's not a bloody shock to the system - this is what they DO!

i know what you're saying, but something's obviously not right.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2014, 03:27:08 PM
Reply #22

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Not a specific point about Lukaku - but when people say this they mean tired/fatigued/drained in comparison to other professional athletes who mat have had more rest/recuperation etc. Not in comparison to the man in the street.

October 07, 2014, 03:49:41 PM
Reply #23

Macca77

At the moment he looks uninterested to me, weather thats because hes playing out of position i dont know, that said on his day there arnt many better, hes strong and powerfull, i think its a confidence thing with him, one thing is for sure though he doesnt look happy at all right now.

October 07, 2014, 03:56:11 PM
Reply #24

Rhys

At the moment he looks uninterested to me, weather thats because hes playing out of position i dont know, that said on his day there arnt many better, hes strong and powerfull, i think its a confidence thing with him, one thing is for sure though he doesnt look happy at all right now.

Hope it's nothing to do with him feeling and hearing the fans who loved him last season and were so desperate to sign him in the summer groan every time he loses the ball and shout obscenities at him about being lazy etc every time he doesn't close a man down at full throttle...

October 07, 2014, 04:05:57 PM
Reply #25

Macca77

Hope it's nothing to do with him feeling and hearing the fans who loved him last season and were so desperate to sign him in the summer groan every time he loses the ball and shout obscenities at him about being lazy etc every time he doesn't close a man down at full throttle...

Lets hope not, but to be honest he didnt look happy the day he signed for us

October 07, 2014, 04:31:03 PM
Reply #26

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Form is temporary, 1 in 2 goal scoring records are permanent (I hope!)

I'm backing him to turn it round and get even his biggest haters to spell his name right
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 07, 2014, 04:41:15 PM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Form is temporary, 1 in 2 goal scoring records are permanent (I hope!)

I'm backing him to turn it round and get even his biggest haters to spell his name right
Start to worry when it says Lakaku on his actual kit

Simply simply lovely

October 07, 2014, 05:03:19 PM
Reply #28

ally2

I think it's fair to say that every excuse possible has been made for Lukaku this season in terms of goals and general effort. How about he just gets his shit together and contributes something? Anything at this stage to be honest because we need it.

October 07, 2014, 06:27:08 PM
Reply #29

MmmBlueRamirez

I can honestly say I am genuinely not worried about our Rom.

He's a bit unfit, being played a bit out of position and is a bit low on confidence.

Im sure he will turn things around for us.

Just remember, if the redshites start winding you up about his form or goal scoring in relation to his price tag, kindly remind them how much they paid for Andy Carroll......
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama