November 18, 2017, 12:40:39 PM

Author Topic: 'Everton fans are entitled to expect more from lukaku'  (Read 6007 times)

October 07, 2014, 06:42:43 PM
Reply #30

blueski

I really hate hearing this stuff (not a dig at you Blueski) - he's a professional footballer, he gets enough hours rest and relaxation in his professional fitness programme and it's not like this is his first year is it?

Pro's play football as kids and develop and get given more and more all their lives as they can handle it - it's not a bloody shock to the system - this is what they DO!

:bonk:

Fatigue my arse. (that's not an invitation)
I agree with you, but read Saha's book - he says fatigue and general fitness is something which he feels held him back his entire career
Nil Satis

deCoubertin

October 07, 2014, 06:57:52 PM
Reply #31

Heisenberg

Well its not surprising with Saha, for every game he played he missed 2 with injury. Theres no reason he shouldnt be as fit as other players. Absolutely no reason. He's actually starting to look abit to big aswell, doesnt look very mobile. And i'm not saying he's fat either, he obviously has alot of muscle

October 07, 2014, 08:54:36 PM
Reply #32

Macca77

He needs to grow his dreads back, then all will be well again

October 07, 2014, 09:00:17 PM
Reply #33

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
And he has got 2 goals this season even tho he has never looked like scoring. And he always has at least a chance a game. And that is even while playing badly.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 07, 2014, 09:17:22 PM
Reply #34

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
And he has got 2 goals this season even tho he has never looked like scoring. And he always has at least a chance a game. And that is even while playing badly.

Exactly. 7 league games, 2 goals, 1 assist. It's not amazing, but it's not awful either. Especially as he's been playing out of position much of the time.   

October 07, 2014, 09:18:47 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
he just needs to play facing the goal.

once we go up a gear and increase the tempo, he'll be running at defenders and getting behind them, or slotting from distance as he has done in the past.

not worried about him at all.

but he should grow those dreads back.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2014, 01:41:18 AM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

I can honestly say I am genuinely not worried about our Rom.

He's a bit unfit, being played a bit out of position and is a bit low on confidence.

Im sure he will turn things around for us.

Just remember, if the redshites start winding you up about his form or goal scoring in relation to his price tag, kindly remind them how much they paid for Andy Carroll......

Surely him being a bit unfit is a worry in itself. Not sure hes every really looked a 90 minute player and that begs a question of his attitude. All we hear is that he wants to learn. I dont think he wants to do the hard work though. Hes every bit as lazy as Yakubu ever was but for me a worse footballer. Ask someone who doesnt see a great deal of Lukaku what makes him a top player and they will talk about size strength and aggression and he seems not to be using any of it.

October 08, 2014, 01:46:41 AM
Reply #37

KoemansNumberTens

Exactly. 7 league games, 2 goals, 1 assist. It's not amazing, but it's not awful either. Especially as he's been playing out of position much of the time.

Some of his performances have been unacceptable. None have been anything more than decent and thats mainly cos hes scored. Hes got to contribute more than the goals even if he ends up with 20. Hes got to offer a physical challenge to the centre halves. I can accept a lack of talent. I cant accept a 6 5 brick shit house who is unable or unwilling to offer any sort of physical challenge. Saturday was a disgrace. If the ball had bounced off him 100 times Id shrug and say it was a bad day. He just didnt offer anything. Playing against a boy he never even offered a challenge to him. Had Anichebe put that performance in theyd be no one defending it. The lad is lazy and what will make him a good player isnt his touch or hold up play its the physical.

October 08, 2014, 01:46:44 AM
Reply #38

Bluenose 91

All this about his ''attitude'' makes me laugh.

I think it was @brap2 who said once that people make up their own little stories and sub plots about players then begin to believe them.  It's fucking hilarious.

The ''he's lazy'' shouts are actually quite lazy themselves.  I couldn't give a fuck if he's not charging the goalie down each time.  Leave that to the shite workhorse strikers like Andy Johnson and Shane Long who get about 7 goals a season.

October 08, 2014, 01:51:39 AM
Reply #39

Shogun

Administrator
You leave Andy Johnson alone !
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 08, 2014, 02:09:14 AM
Reply #40

School of Science

Think its a bit sickening that Lukaku is being made a scapegoat for our shit start to the season. He isn't the only one not playing to his full potential, most strikers rely on service, lets be honest we are not really providing that service really are we ?
A lot of people are complaining over his price tag, Everton paid that or they would not have got him. At the time myself and im sure the majority of Everton fans were overjoyed we did and speaking for myself I still am. He will come good again and so will Everton, we need to show patience, a few good wins will sort that, what concerns me most is our general fitness and the bloody neverending injuries we are getting.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 08, 2014, 02:10:10 AM
Reply #41

ally2

I also don't like the idea of strikers running around after centre halves wasting energy but it's not just that. It is reasonable to expect him to dominate with his strength and it is reasonable to expect him to make some effort to win the ball back himself when he hasn't touched it for 5 minutes. That's what good players do. They make things happen. They don't just wander around expecting things to happen for them out of nothing (with the exception of pippo inzaghi).

October 08, 2014, 02:14:37 AM
Reply #42

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 08, 2014, 02:15:59 AM
Reply #43

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
All this about his ''attitude'' makes me laugh.

I think it was @brap2 who said once that people make up their own little stories and sub plots about players then begin to believe them.  It's fucking hilarious.

I saw a classic one on twitter the other day from the much maligned John Merro  during the Krasnodar game about Christian Atsu,

'The thing that strikes me with Christian Atsu is that he will sleep like a baby whether he wins or loses. Either is fine with him'
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 08, 2014, 02:17:57 AM
Reply #44

Toddacelli

I saw a classic one on twitter the other day from the much maligned John Merro  during the Krasnodar game about Christian Atsu,

'The thing that strikes me with Christian Atsu is that he will sleep like a baby whether he wins or loses. Either is fine with him'

So now we know Merro is sleeping with Atsu. I mean, what else could that possibly be based on?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates