November 23, 2017, 01:43:33 PM

Author Topic: 'Everton fans are entitled to expect more from lukaku'  (Read 6035 times)

October 08, 2014, 02:22:51 AM
Reply #45

Bluenose 91

I saw a classic one on twitter the other day from the much maligned John Merro  during the Krasnodar game about Christian Atsu,

'The thing that strikes me with Christian Atsu is that he will sleep like a baby whether he wins or loses. Either is fine with him'

Hahahaha

I'm a big Merro fan.

deCoubertin

October 08, 2014, 02:33:40 AM
Reply #46

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
So now we know Merro is sleeping with Atsu. I mean, what else could that possibly be based on?

Todd posting in a few threads, brings up sexual stuff in all of them. How long has it been buddy. Weeks? Months? When last did you dip your Todd?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 08, 2014, 04:24:12 AM
Reply #47

BarryRathbone

I'm of the Brian Clough school of thought that skill is sorted by the time you're 18 what you can't do after that you'll never get. But Andy Gray and Gary Lineker were atrocious on the ball and got round it with footballing intelligence, bravery and sharpness. I admit my instinct and the fact Jose kept Torres instead of Rom has always plagued me, the signs in the second half of last season weren't good and in the world cup he didn't look much better.

In truth I don't think we play his game Liverpool's long ball direct style would have him bang at it and I just think Roberto saw Barkley, Mirallas, Megeady/Atsu quickening the pace to play him in at pace but it hasn't happened through injuries. Now the faltering defence has appeared it's pretty shite thus far.

Keep the faith, "man looks into the abyss etc......"

October 08, 2014, 01:57:42 PM
Reply #48

Toddacelli

Todd posting in a few threads, brings up sexual stuff in all of them. How long has it been buddy. Weeks? Months? When last did you dip your Todd?

Saturday thanks.

;)

But it's you Con - you bring out the beast in me x

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 08, 2014, 03:04:03 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
just think it'd be nice if he maybe had something to feed off. you know, like a through ball, or a cross or something.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2014, 07:03:23 PM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
just think it'd be nice if he maybe had something to feed off. you know, like a through ball, or a cross or something.

Steven Naismith seems to get plenty of service.

October 08, 2014, 07:19:42 PM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Steven Naismith seems to get plenty of service.

can't argue with that i suppose.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2014, 08:08:17 PM
Reply #52

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Over his career Lukaku has had a 1 in 2 goal scoring record, this season that has so far slipped to 1 in 3.5

But overall for us, West Brom and Anderlecht he has a 1 in 2 scoring record

Which suggests this season he is just a bit out of form

The lad is 21 and still learning. Players have dips in form, even Ronaldo and Messi. Rom will be back in good form or at least scoring regular goals soon, I have no doubts about that.

The reason Chelsea paid such a big fee for him in the first place is that he has 3 attributes that are worth big money - pace, Power and he can finish, that doesn't mean he will instantly be the finished article, many players hit their peak form in late 20s. Lukaku is a long term investment overall, who will turn into a great with us
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 08, 2014, 08:59:01 PM
Reply #53

Bluedylan

Not trying to stifle the debate, but these 'Lukaku is lazy/shit/overrated/overpriced' threads every couple of weeks get fucking boring. I was somebody who wanted us to explore other options in the summer, but I'm happy to get behind the lad and give him time to rediscover form (in the short term), and develop as a player (in the long term).

I could understand the anti-Rom stuff, if everyone else in the team was playing well and it was just Rom letting us down, and stopping us getting results but that's clearly not the case. In fact, outside of maybe John Stones, Naismith and Mirallas before he got injured, you could have a similar thread about anyone else in the squad not contributing enough and not performing to their capabilities.

Give him time, and let him improve as the team gets stronger in the rest of the season (hopefully!). It's not Lukaku's fault that Tim Howard has been absolutely fucking awful for the most part, or that Distin's legs might have gone, or that we've had key injuries to his supply line in Barkley, Mirallas and Coleman, or that Martinez has mismanaged the pre-season and arguably parts of the season when the competitive games have started.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 08, 2014, 09:19:56 PM
Reply #54

blue slug

Over his career Lukaku has had a 1 in 2 goal scoring record, this season that has so far slipped to 1 in 3.5

But overall for us, West Brom and Anderlecht he has a 1 in 2 scoring record

Which suggests this season he is just a bit out of form

The lad is 21 and still learning. Players have dips in form, even Ronaldo and Messi. Rom will be back in good form or at least scoring regular goals soon, I have no doubts about that.

The reason Chelsea paid such a big fee for him in the first place is that he has 3 attributes that are worth big money - pace, Power and he can finish, that doesn't mean he will instantly be the finished article, many players hit their peak form in late 20s. Lukaku is a long term investment overall, who will turn into a great with us

Take diego costa he was shite till he was 25 or 26 and he basically has the same three key attributes as lukaku, pace, power and finishing

October 08, 2014, 10:30:21 PM
Reply #55

Steppeone

He just needs to grow his dreads back. Problem solved.

October 08, 2014, 11:07:13 PM
Reply #56

MmmBlueRamirez

Some of his performances have been unacceptable. None have been anything more than decent and thats mainly cos hes scored. Hes got to contribute more than the goals even if he ends up with 20. Hes got to offer a physical challenge to the centre halves. I can accept a lack of talent. I cant accept a 6 5 brick shit house who is unable or unwilling to offer any sort of physical challenge. Saturday was a disgrace. If the ball had bounced off him 100 times Id shrug and say it was a bad day. He just didnt offer anything. Playing against a boy he never even offered a challenge to him. Had Anichebe put that performance in theyd be no one defending it. The lad is lazy and what will make him a good player isnt his touch or hold up play its the physical.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 08, 2014, 11:21:45 PM
Reply #57

GoodisonPk

Not trying to stifle the debate, but these 'Lukaku is lazy/shit/overrated/overpriced' threads every couple of weeks get fucking boring. I was somebody who wanted us to explore other options in the summer, but I'm happy to get behind the lad and give him time to rediscover form (in the short term), and develop as a player (in the long term).

I could understand the anti-Rom stuff, if everyone else in the team was playing well and it was just Rom letting us down, and stopping us getting results but that's clearly not the case. In fact, outside of maybe John Stones, Naismith and Mirallas before he got injured, you could have a similar thread about anyone else in the squad not contributing enough and not performing to their capabilities.

Give him time, and let him improve as the team gets stronger in the rest of the season (hopefully!). It's not Lukaku's fault that Tim Howard has been absolutely fucking awful for the most part, or that Distin's legs might have gone, or that we've had key injuries to his supply line in Barkley, Mirallas and Coleman, or that Martinez has mismanaged the pre-season and arguably parts of the season when the competitive games have started.

So this - well said

October 13, 2014, 12:19:46 AM
Reply #58

bluenose27

I think Lukaku should expect a bit more intelligent analysis of his contribution instead of the moronic views of what must be one of the most unknowledgeable sets of football supporters in the country. It saddens me to hear the moronic screams of abuse towards certain players particularly when sitting in the Park End and main stand. Oh how they abused Naismith and now cheer loudly when he appears and  how they abuse great servants of my club such as Osman, Hibbert and Jags!
Great crowd when the going is good absolutely crap when they need to get behind their team and players so volatile and thick!