6 (17.1%)
Besic (Sub)
3 (8.6%)
Lukaku (Sub)
0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Everton v Swansea  (Read 16179 times)

November 02, 2014, 05:28:23 PM
Reply #360

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not enough tempo in our attacking.

Pretty much zero chances after the sending off which isn't good.

They also had the best chance of the game when Bony missed that 1v1.

November 02, 2014, 05:49:12 PM
Reply #361

ally2

Not enough tempo in our attacking.

Pretty much zero chances after the sending off which isn't good.

They also had the best chance of the game when Bony missed that 1v1.

I'd agree with the tempo thing. It's easy to pin this on the injury to Alcaraz but Barry is quick quick with the feet and does look to move forward. The tempo usually comes from central midfield because otherwise it would be long ball. McCarthy was quite good but he always seems to want the ball as a pass backwards. I wish he would occasionally move into an advanced position to receive the ball where there is often space, particularly around the centre circle when our CBs have the ball.

Barcelona are probably the best example of playing these triangles but to move forward. When we do it, the ball invariably just ends up with the other CB who may have a bit more space to work in. It looks neat and tidy but doesn't get us anywhere. And I have moaned in the past about our speed of passing. It is far too slow. If you are going to play a possession game then the passing has to be quicker IMO. Again particularly around the centre circle when we move into the opposition half.

November 02, 2014, 05:52:56 PM
Reply #362

sootyjrw

It looked to me too many had an off day, I can count Jags, Coleman, Alcaraz, Barry, Barkley, McGeady, Naismith all played a simple ball sloppily, to give away a silly throw in to them. We did dominate possession but how many clear cut chances did we create, there was a time in both halfs when we'd get up to their area and our attacking players weren't in the box so we'd have to play it wide again.

I'm convinced though that it was a bad day at the office and Lille will pay on Thursday

The ref Friend was shite also but we didn't help ourselves

November 02, 2014, 05:54:44 PM
Reply #363

ally2

Friend was atrocious. I suppose he did let us off that blatant penalty. Only saw that properly last night.