November 18, 2017, 05:16:11 AM

Author Topic: Three attainable players  (Read 9200 times)

May 27, 2010, 10:08:23 PM
Reply #15

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I could live with that, it would keep us were we are rather than taking us forward but it would do and who knows, we could move on further as these players are young enough to improve whereas the players going out are possible in their prime.

deCoubertin

May 27, 2010, 10:15:03 PM
Reply #16

ilikebrunettes

Rimbo, i dont have a downer on all English football. i have a downer on over-rated athletes, that seem to thrive in English football! jerome has shown me nothing to suggest he is anything above average, imgaine him in Spain etc? wouldn't last a minute.

Its not just english players though, i talk about them more because they get brought up on here often.

On teh gerrard front, i never said he wasn't a good player..... but i certainly dont class him as one of the top 3 midfielders of world football over the last 7 years. he has done nothing to earn that praise
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

May 27, 2010, 10:16:49 PM
Reply #17

Ong-Timus Prime

Like a couple of others have mentioned already. I don't really rate Jerome as highly as the original poster on this thread, but if that was the outcome at the end of the summer I'd be reasonably happy with it.
Jerome goes thru patches of hot & cold, bit like the Yak I guess, but the Yak has a better scoring record and a better all round game.
if you know yer history...

May 27, 2010, 10:31:14 PM
Reply #18

Lewis

Jerome's tendancy to miss sitters isn't sufficiently supplemented by his ability to score 3 or 4 30 yard screamers a season IMO

May 27, 2010, 10:31:39 PM
Reply #19

bloody scally

What can you do when you have a chairman who hasn't got money to put into the club and no-one is looking to buy you whilst all the other teams around you are spending big? The only thing you can do is try to keep your head above water.

We've proven last season we can mix it with the best and would've finished higher were it not for injuries and dropping silly points, our actual team doesn't need that much work.

I know, I just don't think buying them players would be the best we could get for that money. There will be more astute deals available for players that could bring us more than them. I just don't believe them three f
are for us (just my personal opinion). Sorry for this half-arsed response when you've written a long post, I'm shattered.

May 27, 2010, 10:37:03 PM
Reply #20

.Rimbo.

I could live with that, it would keep us were we are rather than taking us forward but it would do and who knows, we could move on further as these players are young enough to improve whereas the players going out are possible in their prime.

Good point.

May 27, 2010, 10:40:59 PM
Reply #21

.Rimbo.

Rimbo, i dont have a downer on all English football. i have a downer on over-rated athletes, that seem to thrive in English football! jerome has shown me nothing to suggest he is anything above average, imgaine him in Spain etc? wouldn't last a minute.

Its not just english players though, i talk about them more because they get brought up on here often.

On teh gerrard front, i never said he wasn't a good player..... but i certainly dont class him as one of the top 3 midfielders of world football over the last 7 years. he has done nothing to earn that praise

It's all relative though. We are an English football club so we need to make it in the English game. Considering the English game is based largely around athleticism, then an athlete isn't a bad way of going about things.

We're not building a team to be good in Spain, we're building one for here. You can't even say we'd have to adapt to a continental style, because we're not in Europe this year. We need to get a team together that would do well in this league. I'm not saying Jerome's a world-beater, not by any means, and he may look a fish out of water in Spain, but then some spanish players have came here and looked shite. It's all different styles and mixes.

Fair enough on Gerrard, to say he's not one of the best midfielders in the world is a joke, though.

May 27, 2010, 10:42:56 PM
Reply #22

.Rimbo.

Hmm....not a lot of fans of Jerome on here. Fair enough, I think he'd definitely get goals for us and I don't know what Moyes' scouting network so maybe there are strikers available for a similar price...

I designed this thread more to show how life goes on without the likes of Pienaar and Yakubu, and now, I actually want them to leave so we can get some younger, fresher, hungrier players in.

May 27, 2010, 10:43:45 PM
Reply #23

Tellittoyourking

Ben Arfa: 10-12 million
Jerome: 5-7 million (I'd rather keep the Yak)
N'Zogbia: 12 million (I'd rather have Donovan)

Not terrible suggestions tho.

May 27, 2010, 10:50:43 PM
Reply #24

King Louis

Cameron Jerome isn't good enough for us.

May 27, 2010, 10:50:51 PM
Reply #25

.Rimbo.

Ben Arfa: £10-12 million
Jerome: £5-7 million (I'd rather keep the Yak)
N'Zogbia: £12 million (I'd rather have Donovan)

Not terrible suggestions tho.

Fair enough mate, entitled to your opinion.

Like-for-like, I too would rather have Yakubu over Jerome. But the money we'd make on selling one and getting the other could go into improving another part of the team (like the right wing).

I'd much prefer to have N'Zogbia over Donovan, he's about 5 years younger than Landon and I think Donovan would probably cost just as much. I think Donovan can only do one or two things as well (albeit two things we really need) whereas N'Zogbia can do that and more. Just my opinion.

May 27, 2010, 10:51:16 PM
Reply #26

Danny

Havn't birmingham had a 12 million bid for N'Zogbia rejected already this summer? I don't rate Jerome either all his goals seem to be bundled over the line and that screemer against Liverpool.

May 27, 2010, 10:53:42 PM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
not a bad suggestion for players although i dont rate jerome that much. Would you start the season with an un proven billy off the striker tho?

Simply simply lovely

May 27, 2010, 10:55:46 PM
Reply #28

rozzie22

I like Rimbo's suggestions but id make a couple of changes.

I said on another thread that we can have a powerful goalscoring midfield with N'zogbia and Ben Arfa, so i agree with those two signings.

Now for Senderos and Jerome

Id rather keep the Yak and be looking for a backup left back for Baines instead.
or if Yak does get flogged, Fletcher from Burnley is a better option (good season for an awful piss poor side).
cheaper than 7m too

If we are signing Senderos as a 4th choice CB, id rather employ Duffy/Mustafi in that position, saving us some money and giving them some game time.
I really doubt last seasons horrible defensive injury crisis will happen again and these kids need some first team football (carling cup for example) to become class defenders

May 27, 2010, 10:58:01 PM
Reply #29

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I like Rimbo's suggestions but id make a couple of changes.

I said on another thread that we can have a powerful goalscoring midfield with N'zogbia and Ben Arfa, so i agree with those two signings.

Now for Senderos and Jerome

Id rather keep the Yak and be looking for a backup left back for Baines instead.
or if Yak does get flogged, Fletcher from Burnley is a better option (good season for an awful piss poor side).
cheaper than 7m too

If we are signing Senderos as a 4th choice CB, id rather employ Duffy/Mustafi in that position, saving us some money and giving them some game time.

I really doubt last seasons horrible defensive injury crisis will happen again and these kids need some first team football (carling cup for example) to become class defenders

I'd much rather send them out on loan to gain experience and have experienced back up.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."