November 19, 2017, 10:25:27 PM

Author Topic: Three attainable players  (Read 9209 times)

May 27, 2010, 11:00:10 PM
Reply #30

Cantoffie

Hmmmm I would really only be happy with Ben arfa... In no way should we be spending near the same amount for n'zogbia.... He isn't half the player pienaar is.

As for Jerome, I don't trust he would be a good signing for 6 mil...

And I'd would defintly buy a Ben arfa kit then procede to do ungodly things to it in shear exitement!
My cup runeth over with blood, but not wine.

deCoubertin

May 27, 2010, 11:02:14 PM
Reply #31

rozzie22

we cant afford to have a guy sat on the bench getting 20-25k a week for playing next to no game time.
also would he want to?

watching Jones at Blackburn and the two Wilsons (Pompey and Rangers) shows that young defenders can do it at the top level when needed.
Duffy is defo in the same bracket.

May 27, 2010, 11:04:52 PM
Reply #32

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
we cant afford to have a guy sat on the bench getting 20-25k a week for playing next to no game time.
also would he want to?

watching Jones at Blackburn and the two Wilsons (Pompey and Rangers) shows that young defenders can do it at the top level when needed.
Duffy is defo in the same bracket.

And Yobo is currently earning?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 27, 2010, 11:06:50 PM
Reply #33

rozzie22

thats why i'd sell him, hence i said i agree with Rimbo's selection apart from Jerome and Senderos

May 27, 2010, 11:11:15 PM
Reply #34

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
thats why i'd sell him, hence i said i agree with Rimbo's selection apart from Jerome and Senderos

I can see the logic in leaving Senderos if Duffy or Mufasa are up to it.  They have to be given a chance at some point. 

I rate N'Zogbia quite highly, he isn't as good as Pienaar yet but he has played for some crap teams and looked good, I think he would thrive with us and again, age is on his side over Donovan.  The only thing Donovan does have however is the ability to play up front and we all know how Moyesy likes his multi-functional players.

May 27, 2010, 11:11:58 PM
Reply #35

Purple Aki

Cameron Jerome is a fucking awful player

May 27, 2010, 11:16:45 PM
Reply #36

.Rimbo.

not a bad suggestion for players although i dont rate jerome that much. Would you start the season with an un proven billy off the striker tho?

Yes, I would. Cahill is almost the perfect substitute now in that he occupies a different space to most players and can score important goals. If we are chasing a goal, he'd be a perfect player to bring on.

As for Bilyaletdinov, I think giving him starts from the beginning of next season, in a more central position, would do wonders for the confidence he is clearly lacking in.

May 27, 2010, 11:17:49 PM
Reply #37

.Rimbo.

I like Rimbo's suggestions but id make a couple of changes.

I said on another thread that we can have a powerful goalscoring midfield with N'zogbia and Ben Arfa, so i agree with those two signings.

Now for Senderos and Jerome

Id rather keep the Yak and be looking for a backup left back for Baines instead.
or if Yak does get flogged, Fletcher from Burnley is a better option (good season for an awful piss poor side).
cheaper than £7m too

If we are signing Senderos as a 4th choice CB, id rather employ Duffy/Mustafi in that position, saving us some money and giving them some game time.
I really doubt last seasons horrible defensive injury crisis will happen again and these kids need some first team football (carling cup for example) to become class defenders

Good point about Duffy/Mustafi, don't know how far along they are in their development but it's certainly something to look at.

Fletcher is apparently on his way to Wolves for £7.5 million plus Hennessey and someone else. Check the other football chat.

May 27, 2010, 11:23:21 PM
Reply #38

rozzie22

cheers Rimbo, didnt realise that he was rated at around £7.5million.

However, that sounds really excessive to send a highly rated young international keeper plus close to £8mill to Burnley for him. Ill take that with a pinch of salt.

May 27, 2010, 11:31:13 PM
Reply #39

.Rimbo.

Hmmmm I would really only be happy with Ben arfa... In no way should we be spending near the same amount for n'zogbia.... He isn't half the player pienaar is.

As for Jerome, I don't trust he would be a good signing for 6 mil...

And I'd would defintly buy a Ben arfa kit then procede to do ungodly things to it in shear exitement!

If you don't think N'Zogbia is half the player Pienaar is, you clearly haven't seen enough of him this season.

The thing about Pienaar is he works extremely hard, and that's one of things that has endeared him to the Everton fans. However, when his flicks and tricks don't come off, and he's off-colour, you can't say he's had a bad game because of his industry. He's a very good player, but so's N'Zogbia and people tend to over-state Pienaar's overall impact on games. He flitters in and out, like most good wingers, but I've only seen him once or twice control a game (Sunderland away last year being an example).

N'Zogbia is 5 years younger than Pienaar as well, and we'd be able to make a profit on him in a few years time. The reason they are valued around the same is age and contract length.

May 27, 2010, 11:34:12 PM
Reply #40

rozzie22

not to mention N'zog would give the team so much needed pace which we havent had since Landon D left Goodison.

And he is an out and out winger

May 27, 2010, 11:36:06 PM
Reply #41

.Rimbo.

not to mention N'zog would give the team so much needed pace which we havent had since Landon D left Goodison.

And he is an out and out winger

nod It'd see the end of those days of centre midfielders on the wing and we'd be able to hurt teams from both sides. Even without Coleman.

And him and Ben Arfa are able to interchange wings as and when.

May 27, 2010, 11:37:06 PM
Reply #42

Danny

Fair enough mate, entitled to your opinion.

Like-for-like, I too would rather have Yakubu over Jerome. But the money we'd make on selling one and getting the other could go into improving another part of the team (like the right wing).

I'd much prefer to have N'Zogbia over Donovan, he's about 5 years younger than Landon and I think Donovan would probably cost just as much. I think Donovan can only do one or two things as well (albeit two things we really need) whereas N'Zogbia can do that and more. Just my opinion.

And we can just get Donovan on loan in january anyway!

May 27, 2010, 11:52:31 PM
Reply #43

Endless, Nameless

I'm a big N'zogbia fan, but I don't like ben Arfa's apparent attitude. I don't think he'd gel with us.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

May 28, 2010, 12:00:36 AM
Reply #44

KingdingalingNL

Strange that most people do not see the potential Jerome has?? I rate him and think he is wasted at Birmingham. The same with N'Zogbia he is a very good player has skill and speed and will only get better. Could you imagine N'Zogbia and Ben Arfa on the wings!! Arteta would have a field day spreading balls through to them.

And ILB I can imagine a lot of English players in Spain as Spain is shit apart from the top teams, I watch a fair amount of Spanish games and most of the time I have to switch channels because the football is shit unless it's a top team and then it's 1 sided football. I'm sure a top Spanish footballer recently said this in an interview can't remember who though?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:17:30 AM by KingdingalingNL »