November 25, 2017, 12:49:37 AM

Author Topic: Three attainable players  (Read 9232 times)

May 28, 2010, 12:45:12 AM
Reply #60

.Rimbo.

Outgoing seems ok, would like a bit more money for all of them. I think Beckford has more potential than Jerome, both would only be back up, so little value in both, Mbokani would cost only slightly more than Jerome. Not seen enough of Ben Arfa to be convinced, seems more of an individual talent. Pienaar worked tirelessly for the team, Ben Arfa would have to replace that effort with additional quality to be an improvement.

In some ways I hope that Moyes and his scouting network have a few young attacking players in mind that are players off the radar again. Lukaku the young strong Belgian player was someone I thought may be worth a look, but he is probably unattainable as he has signed a new 5 year deal with Anderlecht. Without European football to offer, I suspect there won't be too many big name players.

I don't see how Beckford has more potential than Jerome. Admittedly, I haven't seen as much of Beckford but he's three years older and hasn't really got out of League 1. Jerome has mixed it with the big boys.

deCoubertin

May 28, 2010, 12:45:18 AM
Reply #61

everton-4-ever

Start giving agard a go as well as playing Anichibe up front. Say no to Jerome.

ill tell you something he has a chance aggard has all the tools

seen a few ressie games allways looks lively and threatning
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

May 28, 2010, 12:51:58 AM
Reply #62

cantoffee

I really don't see Agard making it, seems pretty shit to me.

May 28, 2010, 12:54:40 AM
Reply #63

evertonjoe

I think he's just pace and not an awful lot else

R.A.P Music

May 28, 2010, 12:55:17 AM
Reply #64

everton-4-ever

he's like victor but with a better touch

May 28, 2010, 12:55:21 AM
Reply #65

cantoffee

I think he's just pace and not an awful lot else

same, i see nothing to suggest he'll be a premier league player, let alone good enough for us.

May 28, 2010, 12:55:32 AM
Reply #66

Ridge

I don't see how Beckford has more potential than Jerome. Admittedly, I haven't seen as much of Beckford but he's three years older and hasn't really got out of League 1. Jerome has mixed it with the big boys.
Beckford has skill, pace and confidence, quick feet is something Pienaar has provided us with. Jerome has the height and stature, but having played at the top level he is best with his back to goal. He hit a few good shots, but Anichebe is better than him in pretty much every department.

May 28, 2010, 01:01:07 AM
Reply #67

evertonjoe

Beckford has skill, pace and confidence, quick feet is something Pienaar has provided us with. Jerome has the height and stature, but having played at the top level he is best with his back to goal. He hit a few good shots, but Anichebe is better than him in pretty much every department.

Beckfiord may have pace but he's generally quite reluctant to use it as he generally floats around on the periphary of games at least Jerome works hard and creates opportunities for others

R.A.P Music

May 28, 2010, 01:02:35 AM
Reply #68

Ridge

Beckfiord may have pace but he's generally quite reluctant to use it as he generally floats around on the periphary of games at least Jerome works hard and creates opportunities for others
Even more potential for improvement  :thumbsup:  ;)

May 28, 2010, 01:03:04 AM
Reply #69

everton-4-ever

i havent seen a great deal of him tbh (beckford)

do you reckon he is coachable joe or unlikely to change?

May 28, 2010, 01:03:51 AM
Reply #70

evertonjoe

Even more potential for improvement  :thumbsup:

Well I suppose there's that. By the same logic I think we can make Cisse a world beater

R.A.P Music

May 28, 2010, 01:06:00 AM
Reply #71

Jamokachi

I reckon there are a few on here that haven't even seen Jerome play and are just basing their opinion on who he plays for.

May 28, 2010, 01:08:17 AM
Reply #72

Ridge

Well I suppose there's that. By the same logic I think we can make Cisse a world beater
I know, but Jerome tries to do the right things, but does them badly. Beckford will have to be a little fish and work again to get a place, he needs refinement rather than a whole upgrade.

May 28, 2010, 01:18:44 AM
Reply #73

ToxtethBlue

None of the players mentioned are bad shouts. N'Zogbia is exactly what we need, Ben Arfa's playmaking qualities would make him a perfect fit for Pienaar's role in the side and if Bilyaletdinov is ever going to move into a central position then he's going to need someone who can run and create space for him. If Anichebe upped his workrate he could probably do the job you'd want Jerome to to do upfront.

I'd be very reluctant to lose Yakubu though, I think he's still got a big part to play.
ToxtethBlue

May 28, 2010, 01:44:35 AM
Reply #74

claimabstract

but feel the love for the 2 wide men with mikel feeding them

That statement just drew the wrong image in my head.