January 28, 2020, 10:43:52 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 37042 times)

December 01, 2014, 02:33:32 AM
Reply #420

The Good Citizen

Spurs played up today, they really needed that. You could see first 20 minutes we were the far more settled team but that goal against the run of play gave them something to get behind. Look we're a young side in key positions. Lukaku and Barkley are still some years off being at their best, god know's I'm gagging for the day when Ross stops listening to Hodgson, Gerrard, the crowd the media even  Martinez about what sort of player he has to be.. and just runs a game, he has clearly more talent and promise than anyone on that pitch but he's not naturally that cocky little fucker that Rooney was and is spending his time listening to all and sundry about just how he his supposed to become that world class talent. It's admirable but I think he's going to have to grow a pair and think fuck you all I'm the one with  the talent and do it his way for his own sake. I also think he's never recovered fully, mentally from that leg break. He should be looking to be the equal of hazard in terms of his influence, does he have hazard ' s mental strength,  his arrogance though?? I was missing Naismith second half same as you all probably were but fact is Barkley could, should be a player Naisy could only dream off but he has to want it and he has to tell that Owl faced twat of an England coach to do one the next time he gets screamed at for being tackled on his first touch. A fully realised Barkley transforms us from a quality side to a great one but he's got to start demanding the ball and berating rather than being the one berated and he needs to work more, same as Lukaku,  he doesn't bust a gut to make runs in behind or drive in to space, when he does good things happen it's just not often enough. 
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 01, 2014, 02:46:18 AM
Reply #421

Alanvideo

butits a very very poor spurs team, top 4 is there for taking this season and we dont look interested most of time in the league
...........in what sense were Spurs very very poor ? and in what sense did Everton not look interested ? On the day ,Spurs were better than us. Get over it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:47:42 AM by Alanvideo »
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 01, 2014, 03:00:41 AM
Reply #422

The Good Citizen

...........in what sense were Spurs very very poor ? and in what sense did Everton not look interested ? On the day ,Spurs were better than us. Get over it.

Absolutely, they dug in today and produced a performance for their boss. It was a back handed compliment the way the realised how they had to drop in allow us the ball and try and catch us in possession and it worked for them. Absolutely no complaints from me.

December 01, 2014, 03:02:54 AM
Reply #423

bangthedrum

i think our problem is Martinez doesn't know what to do with the midfield. he's basically gone into the season without a play maker, so he is constantly mixing it up in them positions and out wide he basically plays whoever he feels like playing there,we have seen Naismith,Barkley and Osman in wide positions when clearly they cannot play there. just glad mirallas is back. i no we have Europa league an he needs to mix it up but we have a few who clearly are not good enough an that comes back to martinez.

December 01, 2014, 03:07:15 AM
Reply #424

cjohno100

spurs are not a good side, they have been very poor this season, particularly at home, we went 1-0 up and then the same as a lot of games this season we became sloppy and very lazy , we were missing simple 5 yard passes, the 2 goals we all because of poor play from us, spurs didnt have to play well , we looked aimless and clueless at times, that was a very poor performance, but if your happy with that then good for you. if teams dont come on to us and let us counter attack were done for, spurs just sat back let us have the ball and just laughed at us toiling constantly

December 01, 2014, 03:09:12 AM
Reply #425

The Good Citizen

i think our problem is Martinez doesn't know what to do with the midfield. he's basically gone into the season without a play maker, so he is constantly mixing it up in them positions and out wide he basically plays whoever he feels like playing there,we have seen Naismith,Barkley and Osman in wide positions when clearly they cannot play there. just glad mirallas is back. i no we have Europa league an he needs to mix it up but we have a few who clearly are not good enough an that comes back to martinez.

Without being antagonistic who's the starting X I then, he has to rotate, players are in and out the treatment room, it's not an easy job picking that staring XI. No problem criticising but what should he have done?

December 01, 2014, 03:10:01 AM
Reply #426

Everton Mint

Great team that, I honestly could bash one out on a daily basis just looking at that line up.

Having a lot of good players in the line-up does not necessarily mean they will make a good TEAM.

You need balance, you need energy, you need movement, you need fitness... these were all missing.

No energy without Mccarthy & Naismith, no width & no support for the full-backs and hence no penetration.

I hope Roberto learns from this that you cant just throw a group of good players out there and expect it to work.

December 01, 2014, 03:15:40 AM
Reply #427

bangthedrum

its ok rotating a winger for a winger or a central midfielder for the same but he doesn't, plays players out of position, if there is an injury then that understandable but otherwise he still does it,you need a settled balanced midfield not this.

December 01, 2014, 03:21:44 AM
Reply #428

The Good Citizen

its ok rotating a winger for a winger or a central midfielder for the same but he doesn't, plays players out of position, if there is an injury then that understandable but otherwise he still does it,you need a settled balanced midfield not this.

Again, that's just vague. McCarthy was out so Besic is naturally the right choice and the midfield 3, Pienaar hasn't played, what did you want to see? If you're after continuity Mcgeady to start instead of Barkley? RM hand was forced tonight, it has been all season, plus we have no idea of the condition of the players post Thursday. It's an easy score blaming the manager, didn't hear too many discerning voices pre whistle. Not one tbh.

December 01, 2014, 03:31:21 AM
Reply #429

bangthedrum

The top and bottom of it is are attacking midfield is crap,(not including miralas)and martines should have improved it at the start of the season and thought atsu would do the trick. osman barkley and mcgeady, garbage. you can say barkley is potential but we need to think about the now because thats what matters.

December 01, 2014, 04:03:16 AM
Reply #430

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Again, that's just vague. McCarthy was out so Besic is naturally the right choice and the midfield 3, Pienaar hasn't played, what did you want to see? If you're after continuity Mcgeady to start instead of Barkley? RM hand was forced tonight, it has been all season, plus we have no idea of the condition of the players post Thursday. It's an easy score blaming the manager, didn't hear too many discerning voices pre whistle. Not one tbh.

ahem.

Very attacking lineup for away at WHL. Seems a little unbalanced, can't see us playing our possession game and succeeding here. Hopefully we smash them on the counter.

Then again I did predict a 2-0 win in the prediction league, so what the fuck do I know.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:03:59 AM by Ell Capitan »

December 01, 2014, 04:16:55 AM
Reply #431

The Good Citizen

The top and bottom of it is are attacking midfield is crap,(not including miralas)and martines should have improved it at the start of the season and thought atsu would do the trick. osman barkley and mcgeady, garbage. you can say barkley is potential but we need to think about the now because thats what matters.

Chelsea drew 0-0 with Sunderland yesterday, the supposed invincibles being touted as the best team the premiership has seen against a team that was a few games ago, a laughing stock at the hands of Southampton.  It's a fucking hard league, and losing a hard fought away game against an equally matched but richer side is I'm afraid just life. we have a side with players who are young and a few seasons off being the finished article. We also have very little money, by very little I mean we spend fuck all above what me make from sales and have been as such for the last ten years. Somehow though we still have a side rife with talent and potential, so it's not about the now, no mater how much as we want it to be, it's about a young team learning how to win away against quality and tonight losing a close fought game. Lukaku, Barkley, they are 4 years off their peak, it's as simple as that. Given our total lack of financial clout I'm constantly amazed at the squad we have tbh.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:20:28 AM by The Good Citizen »

December 01, 2014, 05:56:19 AM
Reply #432

KoemansNumberTens

If we get offered daft money for barkley we should sell him. 40m for a player who's had only a handful of good games and may or may not become a star is crazy money. The lad is currently going backwards. Rarely makes a decent contribution never mind has a good game. I don't see it. Obviously he's talented but christ he's light years behind what Gerrard and Rooney were doing at his age. He's actually in the here and now worse than Osman

December 01, 2014, 06:30:51 AM
Reply #433

Cuttyblue

Spurs passed the ball around nicely but looked very average in terms of quality.

Everton poor away performance vs. an average Prem side = 2-1 defeat every time!  :headbang:

Really missed an opportunity here.

December 01, 2014, 06:56:19 AM
Reply #434

Shogun

Administrator

If we get offered daft money for barkley we should sell him. 40m for a player who's had only a handful of good games and may or may not become a star is crazy money. The lad is currently going backwards. Rarely makes a decent contribution never mind has a good game. I don't see it. Obviously he's talented but christ he's light years behind what Gerrard and Rooney were doing at his age. He's actually in the here and now worse than Osman

Here, let me pick those toys up from the floor for you.
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.