1 (1.4%)
Pienaar (Sub)
0 (0%)
Eto'o (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Everton v Queens Park Rangers  (Read 19560 times)

December 15, 2014, 04:33:05 PM
Reply #15

School of Science

Think we will get 3 or 4 myself tonight, then Stealth there will be no hiding place after that post. PS I am in denial.  lolol  lolol
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 15, 2014, 04:43:54 PM
Reply #16

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely huge this tonight. After the weekend's results we have to win.

It should be a routine 3 points against a side so poor away from home, but I've lost all faith in believing we're going to win this season.

If we win tonight it's a perfect springboard for a run of wins over the festive period which is looking like our only chance of making some ground on the teams above us.

I hope Bobby goes with a balanced side tonight - it would be great to see us finally with a fully first choice 11 out for the first time this season, but I think he'll go with Jags and Distin rather than rush Stones back in. If we go with the balance on the wings I think we'll win. If Pienaar can't play I hope he goes with McGeady. Absolutely sick of Eto'o, Osman or Barkley out wide.

December 15, 2014, 04:54:28 PM
Reply #17

toffee_scot

I just hope nobody talks too much about the fact QPR have been very poor away from home, you know it's a bad omen from an Everton perspective.

I wonder what the situation is with Gibson and McCarthy. We haven't seen Gibson since the international break (once again!) and McCarthy should surely be recovering from...whatever he had before.

December 15, 2014, 05:53:34 PM
Reply #18

bluetongue

Just wondering anyone's thoughts on Thurs night (if you went?)

I really hope there is a better crowd atmosphere tonight! I know it was a bit of a nothing game, but such an opportunity to give the younger lads some hunger to play in the PL

Hope tonight's match is back to normal and Goodison is rocking

December 15, 2014, 06:07:41 PM
Reply #19

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Just wondering anyone's thoughts on Thurs night (if you went?)

I really hope there is a better crowd atmosphere tonight! I know it was a bit of a nothing game, but such an opportunity to give the younger lads some hunger to play in the PL

Hope tonight's match is back to normal and Goodison is rocking

When you say back to normal do you mean like how it was in the 80s?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 15, 2014, 06:14:11 PM
Reply #20

bluetongue

No I just meant normal premier league matches! Im from Australia and have only been coming to Goodison for 3 years. Wouldn't have a clue what it was like in the 80's, but compared to the Australian A League going to Goodison always makes me giddy with excitement.

December 15, 2014, 06:48:42 PM
Reply #21

Evertonian in NC

Have to watch this on DVR delay, thanks to parenting and work conflicts.  Hope it's worth the wait.

The nice thing about being in NC is that nobody will text me and accidentally spoil my later viewing.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 15, 2014, 06:57:03 PM
Reply #22

bacon sarnie

Due to the Eagles loss to the Cowgirls last night a win will make for an almost perfect two days on the razz. Come on Everton its only Harry fuckin Redknapp (despite what Bobby says).

December 15, 2014, 07:08:45 PM
Reply #23

Toddacelli

Yeah - forget the clairvoyant Stealth - we can do this!

Like I used to say on my frequent nights out with George Michael, Elton John and Graham Norton -

"Let's smash some hoops!"

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 15, 2014, 07:34:47 PM
Reply #24

Alanvideo

Joey Barton just been on SSN re his EFC links. Showed him scoring for England U-21s at Goodison in 2003. I'd forgotten about that game .
 Out of interest the England team that day also included Gareth Barry ,Peter Clarke ,Phil Jagielka ,Franny Jeffers and Tony Hibbert as an unused sub. Oh and the ageless Bobby Zamora
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 15, 2014, 08:07:50 PM
Reply #25

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
No I just meant normal premier league matches! Im from Australia and have only been coming to Goodison for 3 years. Wouldn't have a clue what it was like in the 80's, but compared to the Australian A League going to Goodison always makes me giddy with excitement.

Apologies for my rather morbid reply!

Atmosphere at home matches in England for the past 20 years or so seems to have got progressively worse, there is a good atmosphere at Goodison if we are beating one of the big teams or Liverpool or if we feel that the referee is against us, otherwise there tends to be just loads of people grumbling. We expect to win easily against about 14 or 15 other prem sides so against them the atmosphere is often flat these days
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 15, 2014, 08:25:47 PM
Reply #26

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
I'm always sat in the main stand and it's always very much like you say @sir stealth. I still get an immense feeling walking down Walton Lane towards the stadium though, and even a flat atmosphere at Goodison is preferable to spending 2 hours anywhere else.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:26:01 PM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 15, 2014, 09:38:58 PM
Reply #27

bluetongue

Atmosphere at home matches in England for the past 20 years or so seems to have got progressively worse, there is a good atmosphere at Goodison if we are beating one of the big teams or Liverpool or if we feel that the referee is against us, otherwise there tends to be just loads of people grumbling. We expect to win easily against about 14 or 15 other prem sides so against them the atmosphere is often flat these days

Not at all, like Ive said ive only been aorund for 3 years. But I always enjoy my time at Goodison. The beer is cheap and people seem to be really happy and really easy to chat too!
-You should come to an Australian football match. Its like watching grass grow mostly.  :headbang: 

December 15, 2014, 09:51:45 PM
Reply #28

Alanvideo

........this is all true especially the bit about expecting to beat most teams. We are Everton and playing teams like Norwich ,Swansea and Hull is beneath us really. That's why we let their fans ' sing on their own ' as they always remind us. The fact that they can't sell their allocation is lost on these upstarts.
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 15, 2014, 10:45:01 PM
Reply #29

blob

losing is one thing. 'expecting' to lose against qpfuckingr at home is another. it's nearly christmas, cheer up :)