November 18, 2017, 07:10:50 AM

Author Topic: Southampton Vs Everton  (Read 20003 times)

December 21, 2014, 05:17:58 PM
Reply #585

Ross

It ain't a computer game mate you're dealing with egos here no player responds well to getting the hook particularly senior players. For what it's worth I suspect the stalwarts of the previous era realise they can't play the Martinez way and we're on the edge of a power struggle if so Martinez has to last out till the transfer windows. I suspect he's playing it cute to keep them onside after all they're not shite they'll keep us in the division then he must have a clearout.

How's this fit with how we played last season?

It's the same players from last year that were playing the Martinez brand of football and doing well that are out there now.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 21, 2014, 05:45:41 PM
Reply #586

ally2

It ain't a computer game mate you're dealing with egos here no player responds well to getting the hook particularly senior players. For what it's worth I suspect the stalwarts of the previous era realise they can't play the Martinez way and we're on the edge of a power struggle if so Martinez has to last out till the transfer windows. I suspect he's playing it cute to keep them onside after all they're not shite they'll keep us in the division then he must have a clearout.

Interesting point of view

December 21, 2014, 05:48:32 PM
Reply #587

Rhys

Making some kind of sub or tactical change isn't computer game! I'm sure hull losing at home to Swansea yesterday changed something!

Seeing its not working and thinking mcgeady hasn't been great lately but we are losing 2-0, 20 mins to go the 3 behind Lukaku are all playing badly lets take off Naismith who played 90 mins on Monday and just come back from a hamstring injury bring mcgeady on to give us some width and something we didn't have on the pitch to see if that can change anything isn't an unreasonable option is it?

I agree with you though something doesn't seem right. I don't believe he is inept, I don't believe he genuinely thought the 11 out there were on the cusp of making something happen. It's a worrying thought that he must have been making some sort of point by not changing anything and if the players out there are making a point back at him then things will get a lot worse before they get better.