November 20, 2017, 01:52:32 PM

Author Topic: ...Moving onto Stoke  (Read 4999 times)

December 23, 2014, 03:15:37 AM
Reply #15

TSGun

The defensive confidence is shot which really seems to affect the passing game. They almost place themselves under pressure sometimes.

It's getting to the point where it's solely about character and desire. These next few games may well indicate who will or wont be with us in the not too distant future.

We're going to have to fight to beat Stoke, if we can also find that ounce of confidence we should go very close to winning it.

deCoubertin

December 23, 2014, 04:24:39 AM
Reply #16

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
BArkley needs to play deeper. We need drive from midfiled. And only he has given us that. The rest of the team seem to scared to lose it. Which is worse than long ball in my opinion. Passing around the back Barca style is the most boring thing on earth.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 23, 2014, 06:30:24 AM
Reply #17

Cuttyblue

BArkley needs to play deeper. We need drive from midfiled. And only he has given us that. The rest of the team seem to scared to lose it. Which is worse than long ball in my opinion. Passing around the back Barca style is the most boring thing on earth.

Con, I don't think that it's necessarily the "passing around the back thing" that's the problem.  Often it leads to us moving the ball up to about 30yds out with possession.

But then the PASSING IT ALL THE WAY BACK... drives us bonkers.  Somebody make a run!  Somebody attempt a killer pass!  Put the ball out wide to Baines or Coleman AND HAVE THE WINGER FOLLOW IN SUPPORT!

Grr... it's passing it all the way back that kills me.

edit: totally agree, Barkley should be center circle.  Alongside the Destroyer HMS Besic.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:32:39 AM by Cuttyblue »

December 23, 2014, 09:27:26 AM
Reply #18

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Con, I don't think that it's necessarily the "passing around the back thing" that's the problem.  Often it leads to us moving the ball up to about 30yds out with possession.

But then the PASSING IT ALL THE WAY BACK... drives us bonkers.  Somebody make a run!  Somebody attempt a killer pass!  Put the ball out wide to Baines or Coleman AND HAVE THE WINGER FOLLOW IN SUPPORT!

Grr... it's passing it all the way back that kills me.

edit: totally agree, Barkley should be center circle.  Alongside the Destroyer HMS Besic.

But all  we ever Sdo is pass it at the back, move it kind of into midfield and continue passing it at the back. Repeat until Howard or Distin tries to play a long ball.

We look and play such drivel at present.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 23, 2014, 01:05:40 PM
Reply #19

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
But all  we ever Sdo is pass it at the back, move it kind of into midfield and continue passing it at the back. Repeat until Howard or Distin tries to play a long ball.

We look and play such drivel at present.

I think that's his point though.

It's ok passing round while waiting for the space to open up. But when the space does open up we've got to make the incisive pass, or put a cross in etc.

For whatever reason we seem more reluctant to do that this year. Maybe it's the players aren't playing as well; maybe it's the mix of players (being too narrow is restricting the space); or maybe it's that the opposition's style of defending is reducing the more obvious opportunities to do it and we don't have (and didn't have last year) the type of players who spot the tiniest of gaps or even make gaps by forcing teammates to make the required runs by where they play the passes?

December 23, 2014, 02:24:41 PM
Reply #20

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Hey Santa baby, here's what I want for Christmas this year:

Mirallas to start and Barkley to play centrally and deeper. I think the former's pace and movement and the latter's drive and impetus will spark us into life against Stoke who are going to frustrate the fuck out of us.

Would also like to have John Stones back at the back, because I think a defence with him in it steps up a bit further and moves or plays it forward with more purpose than simply fannying around at the back.

Finally, Santa, please fix it for our full backs to rediscover their form and for Tim Howard to not make a mistake.

Lots of love,

Cassius xx

December 23, 2014, 02:27:09 PM
Reply #21

School of Science

Much rather see Barkley used deeper than on the wing, also if we're going to play from the back then start Stones. Hope he keeps Eto'o on the bench and plays Naismith in behind Lukaku as well.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 23, 2014, 02:42:39 PM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Im thinking

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines
Besic Barkley Barry
Naismith Pienaar
Etoo

Barkley can drive us on, Naismith and Pienaar can be busy in and around the play, get Coleman and Baines pushed on more than they have been lately and Besic and Barry can cover the gaps
Etoo to start, 60 min blast of clever play rather than just letting them kick the holy shite out of Lukaku then bring Lukaku on when their yard dogs are starting to tire.

Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2014, 04:21:50 PM
Reply #23

Paddockoldie

I'm not looking forward to this game. Stoke will out fight us and will press us high up the pitch...... a draw if we're lucky.

December 23, 2014, 05:45:59 PM
Reply #24

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
We will win as ill be sat in the ground :)
I have to return some videotapes.

December 23, 2014, 06:21:52 PM
Reply #25

MmmBlueRamirez

That Mark Hughes is a bit of a cunt.

Understatement of the century.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 23, 2014, 06:33:25 PM
Reply #26

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Bojan is the natural successor to Pienaar. Everton to smash these 4-0 and Roberto to tap up his countryman over a post-game Rioja.

December 23, 2014, 07:11:50 PM
Reply #27

Cuttyblue

Im thinking

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines
Besic Barkley Barry
Naismith Pienaar
Etoo

Barkley can drive us on, Naismith and Pienaar can be busy in and around the play, get Coleman and Baines pushed on more than they have been lately and Besic and Barry can cover the gaps
Etoo to start, 60 min blast of clever play rather than just letting them kick the holy shite out of Lukaku then bring Lukaku on when their yard dogs are starting to tire.

Not a bad idea at all to start Eto'o and bring Rom in at 60 mins...

My only complaint about yer XI there is width.

Would rather play one of Mirallas/McGeady/Atsu out on the right wing in place of Barry, who's been a nonentity lately.  Do think Pienarr and Baines can still do the business out on the left.

December 23, 2014, 07:14:44 PM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not a bad idea at all to start Eto'o and bring Rom in at 60 mins...

My only complaint about yer XI there is width.

Would rather play one of Mirallas/McGeady/Atsu out on the right wing in place of Barry, who's been a nonentity lately.  Do think Pienarr and Baines can still do the business out on the left.
My width issue comes with me assuming mirallas is injured, Atsu not cutting it all and Mcgeady..... Well for me he kinda stops Coleman from getting forward, I have no stats or physical proof to back that up its just how I feel

Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2014, 11:29:49 PM
Reply #29

Juanito

Piennar on the left and Miralles on the right. Those two can help Coleman and Baines out, as at the moment there is no support for them going forward. Baines especially looks frustrated as the player he is meant to link with is all the way up in the number 10 role.