November 19, 2017, 11:04:12 AM

Author Topic: Pablo Aimar linked  (Read 4654 times)

May 28, 2010, 11:36:41 PM
Reply #15

.Rimbo.

I know what you mean.

And I agree with the younger players bit and the pace. But I think well have to go along the route of sellind 2 players and buying 3 with the money.

Part of the reason that we're a much better footballing side than Villa , is that we've got 2 focal points for creating attacks. Having 2 wingers would reduce the amount of controlling players we have in the team and therefore our possession.

For our football to carry on improving we need a Pienaar type player and then someone to balance the other side.

Our front 5 is probably going to be Arteta, Cahill, Victor, Saha and ????. Wingers tend to be involved at the death of a move, as in part of the final creation. That would mean 4 of the 5 would have their main interest in the latter stage of the attack.

That's too unbalanced. It's all on Arteta.

With another playmaker it's spread out and therefore we can blend the attacks much more effectively.

I see what you mean do you not think the likes of Ben Arfa or N'Zogbia or a winger in that mould would create as much as Pienaar? Just in a different way.

I just think Pienaar and Aimar etc. are too 'conservative' in their approach play, whereas Ben Arfa and wingers of his ilk are just as creative, but in a more direct way.

deCoubertin

May 28, 2010, 11:42:57 PM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I see what you mean do you not think the likes of Ben Arfa or N'Zogbia or a winger in that mould would create as much as Pienaar? Just in a different way.

I just think Pienaar and Aimar etc. are too 'conservative' in their approach play, whereas Ben Arfa and wingers of his ilk are just as creative, but in a more direct way.

We have not had a direct player in years (Anichebe is as close as we have right now).  Personally I think an out and out winger would offer that and we have enough quality in the middle.  If Pienaar goes I am with you mate, a winger could be the missing link.

May 28, 2010, 11:43:48 PM
Reply #17

ToxtethBlue

Ben Arfa is a central player aswell, he's closer to Pienaar than he is N'Zogbia from what I've seen.
ToxtethBlue

May 28, 2010, 11:47:30 PM
Reply #18

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, Ben Arfa would be fine by me.

I want a direct player, but not at the expense of the extra playmaker.

May 28, 2010, 11:55:13 PM
Reply #19

.Rimbo.

Ben Arfa is a central player aswell, he's closer to Pienaar than he is N'Zogbia from what I've seen.

He's a lot quicker than Pienaar though when it comes to turn of pace and therefore will find it a lot easier to beat his man, which Pienaar sometimes struggles with, hence he comes inside.

May 28, 2010, 11:55:26 PM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I want to see the squad strengthened for a change, but we all know that won't happen to Bill sells.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 28, 2010, 11:55:28 PM
Reply #21

.Rimbo.

Yeah, Ben Arfa would be fine by me.

I want a direct player, but not at the expense of the extra playmaker.

I suppose, but it's a money thing. I doubt we'd be able to get both.

May 28, 2010, 11:58:24 PM
Reply #22

ToxtethBlue

He's a lot quicker than Pienaar though when it comes to turn of pace and therefore will find it a lot easier to beat his man, which Pienaar sometimes struggles with, hence he comes inside.

True, he's got more dribbling ability than Pienaar.
ToxtethBlue

May 29, 2010, 12:14:06 AM
Reply #23

Connavar

It frightens me when Anichebe is mentioned as a potential first team player.

May 29, 2010, 12:20:10 AM
Reply #24

evertonjoe

It frightens me when Anichebe is mentioned as a potential first team player.

Why he didf a very bgood job towards the end if the season

R.A.P Music

May 29, 2010, 12:27:57 AM
Reply #25

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I agree with Con. I only see Vic as a squad player and we will need better than him to be starting on the right.

Sadly, he is the best we have for that side at present. When will Moyes ever rectify this inadequacy that has been apparent for years?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 29, 2010, 12:29:58 AM
Reply #26

Connavar

Mate, he's shit. He's lazy. He always picks up "injuries" and seems to hobble off the fucking martyr. He never utilizes his strength anymore like he did when he first made an impact. Not to mention his childish wish to join Hull before his injury last year. No, for me, he has had a clean slate since his injury, but IMO he's neither impressed or been shit, he's just done what he had to do.

May 29, 2010, 12:30:01 AM
Reply #27

evertonjoe

I agree with Con. I only see Vic as a squad player and we will need better than him to be starting on the right.

Sadly, he is the best we have for that side at present. When will Moyes ever rectify this inadequacy that has been apparent for years?

Granted we could get better but vic has shown he can do a good job playing on the wing and if he carried on in a similar vein he'd be deserving of a spot in my eyes

R.A.P Music

May 29, 2010, 12:35:00 AM
Reply #28

.Rimbo.

Mate, he's shit. He's lazy. He always picks up "injuries" and seems to hobble off the fucking martyr. He never utilizes his strength anymore like he did when he first made an impact. Not to mention his childish wish to join Hull before his injury last year. No, for me, he has had a clean slate since his injury, but IMO he's neither impressed or been shit, he's just done what he had to do.

Isn't that sort of a contradiction? How can you say he's shit when he hasn't been shit?

It's unfair to judge him pre-injury IMO. He has had a lot of time out of the game and I think he's grown up a lot since then.

I do agree, however, we need to be starting with someone better than him down the right. Moyes has to see to both sides of the pitch this summer.

May 29, 2010, 12:35:13 AM
Reply #29

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He solves nothing and a few reasonable games late last season have done nothing to change my opinion of him.
- Walt Disney