November 20, 2017, 08:21:14 AM

Author Topic: Pablo Aimar linked  (Read 4656 times)

May 29, 2010, 12:35:50 AM
Reply #30

.Rimbo.

I still, however, think he is going to have a break-out season :)

deCoubertin

May 29, 2010, 12:58:56 AM
Reply #31

cantoffee

Anichebe is far from shit, he was one of our best players in those last few games and that's after being out for so long. I honestly think he'll be a very good player for us next year and the idea that "he's shite mate, and lazy too" is bullshit, he works hard for the team and gives us something no one else in the team can. Fuck it, I'm going to go off here because I'm tired of hearing this shit.

He's got pace and power and uses them both, if that hasn't been evident since the "bust-up" then you've been watching a different player. He can hold up the ball well, although much better when it's played to his feet and he knows how to turn his man as good as anyone else in the squad. He can use both feet and play multiple positions and cut inside or out. He's direct, which is something we severely lack, and attacks the defence(more like storms in on them). The only question-mark I have right now is his finishing, but I think he'll start finding the net next year more often, especially if he plays upfront.

May 29, 2010, 01:02:03 AM
Reply #32

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Anichebe is far from shit, he was one of our best players in those last few games and that's after being out for so long. I honestly think he'll be a very good player for us next year and the idea that "he's shite mate, and lazy too" is bullshit, he works hard for the team and gives us something no one else in the team can. Fuck it, I'm going to go off here because I'm tired of hearing this shit.

He's got pace and power and uses them both, if that hasn't been evident since the "bust-up" then you've been watching a different player. He can hold up the ball well, although much better when it's played to his feet and he knows how to turn his man as good as anyone else in the squad. He can use both feet and play multiple positions and cut inside or out. He's direct, which is something we severely lack, and attacks the defence(more like storms in on them). The only question-mark I have right now is his finishing, but I think he'll start finding the net next year more often, especially if he plays upfront.

Agree totally, he could be a big player for us this season.

May 29, 2010, 01:05:15 AM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Vic is a good squad player. Maybe he'll turn good, but really, he's not the answer to the right at present.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 29, 2010, 01:15:09 AM
Reply #34

Connavar

Haha fair play Rimbo, was a bit contradictory but th last part I meant since he had come back from injury. My whole "he's shit" attitude has come from the countless times before his injury where IMO, when he played he didn't look interested. His movement off the ball was poor, he hardly hassled defender

Granted Cantoffee, he is direct, and  he can run with the ball, but I fear that's only because h doesn't have the nouse to do anything else with it. He has/had bag loads of ability, and for me his physicality was what brought him to the table. Sadly, I think since our UEFA quarter final season, he hasn't fulfilled that, and he certainly doesn't use the strength to benefit the way he should. He has shown nothing that suggests to me that he should be anywhere near the first team or ahead of James Vaughan in the pecking order.

I hate nothing more when I watch a game to see a young lad with the potential that he had, walk around the pitch not looking interested, which is what Anichebe was doing the months before his injury. Over the course of a year, Anchebe went from a youthfull exuberant type player, to a lazy waste of space. I don't blame the Yak for his attitude, but I think the way the Yak appears to be a bit lazy in his play off the ball, I personally think Vic picked up a few bad habits, however players like victor can't get away with that kind of attitude, whereas the Yak can as he will deliver 15+ goals a season, Victor won't. That's just my opinion on the matter!

May 29, 2010, 01:30:51 AM
Reply #35

cantoffee

Yes but can't that few months before his injury just have been a blip in an otherwise hardworking career so far? Once the whole Hull saga was over he worked hard and has put in a shift every game he's played in. He was only a "lazy waste of space" for a few months, that happens sometimes with young players, they lose the plot and get misguided. Luckily he found is way again and has been strong ever since.

I don't really think it's reasonable to expect him to be a great link up striker yet (given his age), and he's never going to dribble around the defence, but neither does Drogba, he plays to his strengths, and for the most part Victor does that as well.

I have a different view of James Vaughn, I don't think he's going to make it, whether that's because of injury or not I can't really say, but to date I haven't seen him perform the way Victor has in games like Villa last season. He runs around, puts himself about but I don't see any link up play, he never seems to turn with the ball and run at defenders, and tbh his finishing doesn't seem any better than Anichebe's. He may be a bit quicker, he's better in the air, and he works harder, but that's not enough.

May 29, 2010, 04:50:23 AM
Reply #36

Connavar

See I guess that's were where different pal. In all the minutes victor has played, he's never put the kind of work rate in that Vaughany has. I believe also that Vaughan won't make it, probably due to his injury record, which is a damn shame because the lad has everything for me.

May 29, 2010, 04:56:53 AM
Reply #37

jongre123

See I guess that's were where different pal. In all the minutes victor has played, he's never put the kind of work rate in that Vaughany has. I believe also that Vaughan won't make it, probably due to his injury record, which is a damn shame because the lad has everything for me.

lolol 

lolol

May 29, 2010, 05:02:19 AM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What's so funny? I'd have a fighting fit Vaughan in the team ahead of Vic any day of the week.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 29, 2010, 05:05:28 AM
Reply #39

jongre123

He cant play well in the championship never mind premiership.

May 29, 2010, 05:06:51 AM
Reply #40

.Rimbo.

I'll be honest, the injuries have probably stunted JV's development, but to me he strikes me like a headless chicken who can just run fast and shoot, and not much else. He'll get you goals but I've always thought Victor could bring more to the table than Vaughan, he has more in his locker.

May 29, 2010, 05:15:24 AM
Reply #41

Endless, Nameless

I used to rate Vaughan a lot higher than Vic, but Vic has finally shown what he can do. Vaughan hasn't matched what Vic showed in those few games last season, and even for Nigeria the other day. All Vic ever lacked was the attitude, and after his injury, he's seemingly found it.

Vaughan will always be a what if player. Injuries have curtailed his potential, and it's sad, but it's true.

Pablo Aimar? I don't know much about him    :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 05:21:54 PM by Endless, Nameless »
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

May 29, 2010, 05:49:11 AM
Reply #42

Connavar

I really lik Vaughan. For me, he excites me when he plays. Anichebe doesn't.

Funny how an Aimar thread turns into an Anichebe and Vaughan thread tho! :)

May 29, 2010, 02:56:07 PM
Reply #43

evertonjoe

He cant play well in the championship never mind premiership.

I've seen Vaughan single handedly tear apart both Arsenal and Chelsea so he can play in the premiership it's a tragedy what injuries have done to that lads career

R.A.P Music

May 29, 2010, 08:20:24 PM
Reply #44

cantoffee

I've seen Vaughan single handedly tear apart both Arsenal and Chelsea so he can play in the premiership it's a tragedy what injuries have done to that lads career

When did he do that?