November 24, 2017, 10:50:54 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke  (Read 14225 times)

December 26, 2014, 07:35:04 AM
Read 14225 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Stoke City
Goodison Park
Friday 26th December 15:00
Premier League Match #18

Everton - Premier League 14/15

Tottenham 2-1 Everton (Mirallas)
Everon 1-1 Hull (Lukaku)
Manchester City 1-0 Everton
Everton 3-1 QPR (Barkley, Mirallas, O.G.)
Southampton 3-0 Everton

Stoke City - Premier League 14/15

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City
Manchester United 2-1 Stoke City (N'Zonzi)
Stoke City 3-2 Arsenal (Crouch, Bojan, Walters)
Crystal Palace 1-1 Stoke City (Crouch)
Stoke City 0-2 Chelsea

Everton

Everton suffered their third Premier League away defeat in a row with a 3-0 defeat against Southampton on Saturday. The toffees have now failed to score in all three matches at St Mary's Stadium since Southampton regained promotion, scoring three own goals in the process. ahead of this fixture, history favours Everton who have only lost one Premier League match on Boxing Day (W3 D3) since it's inception and Roberto Martinez has never lost as a manager against Stoke City (W3 D7). No side has committed fewer fouls than Everton in the Premier League this season (161). David James (56) is the only player to have been involved in more 0-0 draws than Gareth Barry (53) in Premier League history.

Possible Line ups

Stoke City

Stoke tasted defeat to league leaders Chelsea in their home match against Chelsea on Monday night. This fixture takes place just 87 hours after that match finished which is 53 hours of preparation time behind than the home side. The signs aren't promising for Stoke in this fixture as they've only managed 10 goals in their last 12 Premier League matches against Everton and Stoke have faced seven sides currently in the bottom half of the Premier League this season and have failed to beat any of those clubs (D3 L4). Stoke have committed the third highest foul tally in the league this season with 217 which is only beaten by Crystal Palace and Leicester (226).

Statistics & Injuries

Mark Hughes has definitely edged previous battles between these two managers with nine points from their previously 6 meetings, four more than the Catalan has managed. His first defeat against Everton came in this fixture last season as Stoke were pummeled 4-0 by Everton. All of the draws between these managers have come in the form of 1-1 which is a 7/1 shot among some bookies for those of you interested in that sort of thing. Mark Hughes has only managed two victories against his former side in 16 attempts (D8 L6). Both of those victories came at Goodison Park with Hughes securing the first with a 1-0 win for Blackburn in 2005 followed with a 2-1 scoreline with Manchester City in 2009.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 26, 2014, 09:01:32 AM
Reply #1

BrotherEstapol

Nice work as always, but why not just edit the first post of the existing thread and name it properly initially?

Thought that was the plan? :S

Also think this'll be a good response from the team and we'll smash em by 3 or more.
Something has to give!

December 26, 2014, 01:10:52 PM
Reply #2

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Great write up. Really need to kick our Christmas hat trick of games with a win, and hopefully an uplifting performance as its all been getting a bit grim recently.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 26, 2014, 02:03:21 PM
Reply #3

The Analog Kid

Mirallas and McCarthy back for this?

That would be great.

December 26, 2014, 02:06:11 PM
Reply #4

Redartin

@Shogun  Great stuff as usual, well done.

4 of their last 5 games were a tough run of fixtures.

And when I see stats like:

"Everton who have only lost one Premier League match on Boxing Day (W3 D3) since it's inception and
Roberto Martinez has never lost as a manager against Stoke City (W3 D7)."

I just go, "ah fuck!"

Hope it stays that way.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

December 26, 2014, 03:11:54 PM
Reply #5

AidyEFC9

Can see us winning today. It's the games after that bother me, we can't seem to string along a good few results which we desperately need to do to finally kick start our season.

I hope atleast one of Mirallas or McCarthy is back, hopefully Mirallas as we lack quality wide options when he's out!

Also I hope Kone gets a good run, either from start or at some point in game.

I'd gladly take a 2 nil, 2-1 in our favour today, preferably a 2 nil with a nice clean sheet on Stonesy's return to the team.

December 26, 2014, 05:28:04 PM
Reply #6

The Analog Kid

Spare ticket there for today if anyone wants to bunk in for a kid, my lad or daughter don't wanna go?!! They never check on the turnstiles anyway.

EDIT: Wife's going now. Sorry folks.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:32:46 PM by The Analog Kid »

December 26, 2014, 05:35:06 PM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Spare ticket there for today if anyone wants to bunk in for a kid, my lad or daughter don't wanna go?!! They never check on the turnstiles anyway.

Whipped.

December 26, 2014, 05:37:58 PM
Reply #8

The Analog Kid

Whipped.

Just as I'm ringing round asking who wants it she pipes up "I'll go with yer......."

FFS.

December 26, 2014, 05:40:46 PM
Reply #9

Juanito

Howard
Coleman     Jags        Stones       Baines

McCarthy    Barkley
Miralles            Naismith           Piennar

Lukaku

December 26, 2014, 05:47:12 PM
Reply #10

Thornton_19

Howard

McCarthy    Barkley

Lukaku

In an ideal world this is what starts today.

December 26, 2014, 05:48:43 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
                         Howard

McCarthy    Barkley

Lukaku

I think that's our strongest team.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 26, 2014, 06:54:04 PM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Whatush

Simply simply lovely

December 26, 2014, 06:54:27 PM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wrap up warm all game goers

Simply simply lovely

December 26, 2014, 08:00:44 PM
Reply #14

Shogun