November 18, 2017, 09:00:42 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke  (Read 14080 times)

December 26, 2014, 08:16:46 PM
Reply #30

Cozzie

Could maybe be 4-3-3?

We say this all the time, he will be playing Barkley out wide, that's just the way it is.

December 26, 2014, 08:17:37 PM
Reply #31

Evertonian in NC

We simply MUST win this match.  Otherwise, under a ton of pressure to get all three points on the road, on very short rest and likely with several subs in prominent roles.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 26, 2014, 08:18:31 PM
Reply #32

toffee_scot

Good team except very uncertain about Naismith and Barkley both in the same team. If one of them has to play out wide, I would rather it was Naismith although if I was McGeady, I would be a little pissed off by now.

Very interesting that Distin has been dropped to the bench though
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 08:19:21 PM by toffee_scot »

December 26, 2014, 08:18:52 PM
Reply #33

Rodenplav64

Strong side front to back but I would have played Besic instead of Barry at the moment .

December 26, 2014, 08:22:47 PM
Reply #34

Evertonian in NC

If Besic is carrying even a mild knock, suspect he will only play the middle fixture of the week.  Makes sense to use Stones twice and Distin once, as well.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 26, 2014, 08:28:34 PM
Reply #35

School of Science

yes

Not a bad team at all, just would not have played Barry, been poor lately, is Besic injured ?, if not he is very unlucky to have been dropped. Don't want to see Barkley out wide either.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 26, 2014, 08:29:35 PM
Reply #36

stirlingblue

I'm hoping its Naismith on the left. He's got the kind of one touch football and appreciation of space that Baines works well with.

December 26, 2014, 08:38:18 PM
Reply #37

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Think reports of Barry's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

December 26, 2014, 08:49:03 PM
Reply #38

Rodenplav64

Think reports of Barry's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

No demise , he just hasn't been playing well .

December 26, 2014, 08:50:13 PM
Reply #39

Evertonian in NC

Hey, blarg lives!  I will likely be spending the night in a nearby airport (JFK) tonight, I will wave towards Jersey once I find a location where I can watch NC State's bowl game second half.

December 26, 2014, 08:52:21 PM
Reply #40

Evertonian in NC

It's a little unfair to single out Barry, or anyone really (usually it's Lukaku unfairly targeted) for playing badly.  The entire squad is out of synch.  We could use Kid Barca for the mental boost (hey, the old gang is all back together!) as much as anything, in my (likely idiotic) opinion.

December 26, 2014, 08:54:34 PM
Reply #41

bacon sarnie

No pressure today lads. Nowt but a win will suffice.

December 26, 2014, 08:57:47 PM
Reply #42

Everton Mint

Top players all out there today - no excuses.

If we dont play well its down to tactics and lack of intensity.

COYB !!

December 26, 2014, 09:00:21 PM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

The "annoyed Roberto eyebrow pop" already in full effect.

December 26, 2014, 09:01:15 PM
Reply #44

Evertonian in NC

Lee Mason?  Yep, fucking Lee fucking Mason.  Prepare your anuses.