November 24, 2017, 11:49:22 AM

Author Topic: [News]: Everton vs West Ham United  (Read 24928 times)

January 05, 2015, 09:02:15 AM
Reply #15

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v West Ham United
Goodison Park
Tuesday 6th January 19:45
FA Cup 3rd Round

Everton - Premier League 14/15

Everton 3-1 QPR (Barkley, Mirallas, O.G.)
Southampton 3-0 Everton
Everton 0-1 Stoke City
Newcastle 3-2 Everton (Kone, Mirallas)
Hull City 2-0 Everton

West Ham - Premier League 14/15

Sunderland 1-1 West Ham (Downing)
West Ham 2-0 Leicester (Carroll, Downing)
Chelsea 2-0 West Ham
West Ham 1-2 Arsenal (Kouyate)
West Brom 1-1 West Ham (Sakho)

Possible Line ups

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 05, 2015, 02:37:20 PM
Reply #16

artetas sock

If it's a draw, what date is the replay?
I phoned up the spiritual leader of Tibet, he sent me a large goat with a long neck. Turns out I phoned dial a lama.

January 05, 2015, 03:24:39 PM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
If it's a draw, what date is the replay?

Doubt anything will be announced until the TV companies have decided who gets what game and at what time?

January 05, 2015, 03:57:34 PM
Reply #18

Rhys

Think that's a strong team myself with only one player being out of position in Baines. Oviedo can play left mid, no matter how many times you try to tell people that he can't, and would offer energy, natural width and a directness that we've been lacking from the left all season.

Hibbert has been sound this season and got motm this season against west ham. I don't think playing hibbert would weaken us that much, Infact it may well strengthen us defensively.

It's all well and good saying play our best team, but we've got man city at the weekend and that has to take priority. We lose that and we could find ourselves 1 point off the bottom 3. No point in risking McCarthy or stones (our 2 most important players IMO) only for then to get injured and miss the city game.

That team is good enough to beat west ham and could give the opportunity for the likes of garbutt, Kone and Oviedo to stake a serious claim. I'd rather that than just sticking with the under performers and playing players who are half fit. Take them out the firing line, let McCarthy and stones get fully fit so we go into what is a massive game on Saturday with what could be our strongest 11 for the first time this season.

The city game has to take priority.

But when we are in this awful run of form we can't afford to take our eye off any game and focus on the one after it. Can you imagine if its another inept performance we lost 2-0 don't look threatening and plays only half of our main team? We have a better chance against man city if we have beaten west ham and take a bit of confidence from it along with the crowd a bit more relaxed after a positive result.

As for Oviedo of course he can play there but it's not his position is it? He has played there about 4 times for us. It's like saying Coleman can play right wing because he can do a job there but you wouldn't pick out of choice. Hibbert has been ok, this season, I actually think he is still injured so its irrelevant, however the problem comes if he is in a weakened team you can carry a couple of players when things are going well but when we are lacking ideas and have a mixed up team like the one you put in you then start to notice what he doesn't do. Distin has been awful, if stones is ok he plays. If he isn't then it's a different story.

I completely get we have a really hard league game against city at the weekend. And if we got a few knocks and were tired from this, and as a result lost that game it would be annoying. The only thing worse than that would be playing half a team and the rest backup players tomorrow, losing against west ham looking poor again and then still losing to man city at the weekend regardless.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:58:30 PM by Rhys »

January 05, 2015, 04:53:32 PM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
We need to win this by any means. I get the argument to concentrate on the Man City game but we don't want to go into it on the back of five straight defeats. Even a stuttering draw wouldn't do much for confidence.

January 05, 2015, 05:27:51 PM
Reply #20

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Just checked a West Ham forum and they were discussing the possibility of Andy Carroll playing centre back for this!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 05, 2015, 05:42:17 PM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Just checked a West Ham forum and they were discussing the possibility of Andy Carroll playing centre back for this!

Cheeky bastards think they can just pick players anywhere!

Simply simply lovely

January 05, 2015, 05:54:23 PM
Reply #22

Paddockoldie

I actually think we'll spank West Ham tomorrow. In all my years of following the Blues, we are best when our backs are against the wall as it surely is now. This will be followed by a draw with City and the tide will turn for us.
Managing expectations has always been our problem, especially from within the shadow of the shite, who always seem to manage to keep ahead of us, even when the odds look like it being our turn to beat them.

Bottom line.. the Old Lady has a special charm under the lights... we will beat WH.. COYB!!!!!!

January 05, 2015, 06:05:11 PM
Reply #23

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
                    Joel
Coleman Stones Jags Garbutt
             Besic Barkley
Mirallas                      Oviedo
                Naismith
                 Lukaku
I have to return some videotapes.

January 05, 2015, 06:44:24 PM
Reply #24

bacon sarnie

Fuck City. One game at a time..........

January 05, 2015, 07:08:02 PM
Reply #25

toffee_scot

Absolutely no idea who is injured, half injured, semi injured or not injured yet.

Play a pretty strong team but if key players like McCarthy and Stones are doubts and require a late fitness test then I would rather they rested so they are in a better condition to face Man City than likely risk a recurrence of an injury caused by Kevin Nolan the Cunt.

January 05, 2015, 07:45:50 PM
Reply #26

Thom

Administrator
Updated squad news:

- Stones is fit after missing the last two matches with the ankle knock he received against Stoke, as is Mirallas after being withdrawn at half time against Hull.
- McCarthy's hamstring is still causing him issues, so he is missing the match tomorrow. Pienaar, Hibbert, Gibson Howard and Osman are the other injured absentees.
- Atsu has joined up with the Ghanaian national team ahead of the African Cup of Nations.

January 06, 2015, 04:29:47 AM
Reply #27

Shogun

Administrator
Obligatory post.

Kevin Nolan is a cunt.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 06, 2015, 04:43:37 AM
Reply #28

Thomas

Obligatory post.

Kevin Nolan is a cunt.

Thats that settled then.

January 06, 2015, 04:15:35 PM
Reply #29

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be surprised if Eto'o or even Kone got the nod , give Lukaku a rest for City
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:16:12 PM by Silas »