November 25, 2017, 10:12:34 AM

Author Topic: [News]: Everton vs West Ham United  (Read 24969 times)

January 06, 2015, 04:55:24 PM
Reply #30

fez91

Joel
Coleman Stones Jags Garbutt
             Besic Barkley
Mirallas                      Oviedo
                Naismith
                 Lukaku

Pretty much what I would like to see but with Browning in for Coleman and Eto'o in for Naismith.

January 06, 2015, 05:18:00 PM
Reply #31

Peej78

I'd settle for our players starting in their actual positions. No more of this Barkley and Naismith on the wings nonsense.

January 06, 2015, 06:58:53 PM
Reply #32

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
fucking hell just looked at the ticket site and everywhere is 'very good' availability....
I have to return some videotapes.

January 06, 2015, 07:49:31 PM
Reply #33

Gash

Global Moderator
fucking hell just looked at the ticket site and everywhere is 'very good' availability....

Hardly surprising, a shitty January night for an FA Cup third round game. There will be plenty like me that would have come down at the weekend had it been on then rather than tonight.

City game at the weekend is sold out though and the derby isn't far from it either.

January 06, 2015, 07:51:43 PM
Reply #34

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Never seen any game so empty though. Maybe there will be quite a few just going on the night.
I have to return some videotapes.

January 06, 2015, 08:01:17 PM
Reply #35

Shogun

Administrator
I think Tuesday probably does make a difference.

We had 32000 last season for the third round http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25531987

Obviously the fact we're shit as well like.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 06, 2015, 08:20:41 PM
Reply #36

Lincs Toffee

Never seen any game so empty though. Maybe there will be quite a few just going on the night.

I wasn't aware it would be so easy...gonna leave work early and head across the country now...hopefully it will be a good omen as everytime I have seen us play at home we have won!
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 06, 2015, 08:34:24 PM
Reply #37

Gash

Global Moderator

We had 32000 last season for the third round http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25531987

Looking back over the last few years the League Cup and FA Cup attendances have been pretty low often not even getting 30,000 and that's for Saturday games. As you say current form won't help plus the time of year, weather can be a factor and the fact it's on a Tuesday all go against getting a decent crowd.

We've still got a decent support, I think we've sold out 5 or 6 this season plus the next couple of Saturday games will sell out as well. We'll probably do well to get 25,000 tonight and I can't see there being a big travelling support for this one either but it's not at all surprising given all the circumstances.

January 06, 2015, 09:10:24 PM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Never seen the 3rd round not played on a Saturday. Seems like a half hearted attempt this season.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

January 06, 2015, 09:16:04 PM
Reply #39

Shogun

Administrator
Rumoured team on twitter

Wright
Clarke Stubbs Weir Unsworth
Gemmill Carsley Gravesen
Rooney Radzinski Naysmith

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 06, 2015, 09:17:56 PM
Reply #40

Gash

Global Moderator
Fuck off with Gravesen on the left!

January 06, 2015, 09:29:27 PM
Reply #41

Alanvideo

..........live on BT as well
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 06, 2015, 09:40:25 PM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But when we are in this awful run of form we can't afford to take our eye off any game and focus on the one after it. Can you imagine if its another inept performance we lost 2-0 don't look threatening and plays only half of our main team? We have a better chance against man city if we have beaten west ham and take a bit of confidence from it along with the crowd a bit more relaxed after a positive result.

As for Oviedo of course he can play there but it's not his position is it? He has played there about 4 times for us. It's like saying Coleman can play right wing because he can do a job there but you wouldn't pick out of choice. Hibbert has been ok, this season, I actually think he is still injured so its irrelevant, however the problem comes if he is in a weakened team you can carry a couple of players when things are going well but when we are lacking ideas and have a mixed up team like the one you put in you then start to notice what he doesn't do. Distin has been awful, if stones is ok he plays. If he isn't then it's a different story.

I completely get we have a really hard league game against city at the weekend. And if we got a few knocks and were tired from this, and as a result lost that game it would be annoying. The only thing worse than that would be playing half a team and the rest backup players tomorrow, losing against west ham looking poor again and then still losing to man city at the weekend regardless.

i've been getting the feeling that oviedo to LM is a perm move. Think he's probably played more further up field than he has at FB.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2015, 09:43:09 PM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

I'd rather lose than draw.  Fuck having to sandwich another midweek game in before starting a murderer's row of Europa and Prem fixtures with a half-fit squad.

Go balls-out for the win.  A draw is simply unacceptable!

Love the shouts for playing Baines at CM (where he belongs) and Oviedo at left wing (where he belongs more than the other options we've trotted out there).

Hoping I can leave work in time to see this one live with NSNO crew.  Set the DVR just in case.  COYB!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 06, 2015, 10:01:02 PM
Reply #44

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather lose than draw.  Fuck having to sandwich another midweek game in before starting a murderer's row of Europa and Prem fixtures with a half-fit squad.

Go balls-out for the win.  A draw is simply unacceptable!

Love the shouts for playing Baines at CM (where he belongs) and Oviedo at left wing (where he belongs more than the other options we've trotted out there).

Hoping I can leave work in time to see this one live with NSNO crew.  Set the DVR just in case.  COYB!

What channel is it on over here?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin