November 23, 2017, 11:46:44 AM

Author Topic: [News]: Everton vs West Ham United  (Read 24889 times)

January 06, 2015, 10:03:51 PM
Reply #45

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
After crimbo init.

I know I can't afford to go myself.

January 06, 2015, 10:07:45 PM
Reply #46

Rhys

Apparently we had only sold about 20,000 by the end of last week. If its on a Saturday you guarantee 3,000 from west ham possibly pushing to 6,000 whereas I guess tonight they would bring 1500. That's 4 or 5k from their side and if we get 2k more for it being a Saturday that is approaching 30k which isn't too bad.

January 06, 2015, 10:15:46 PM
Reply #47

Rhys

i've been getting the feeling that oviedo to LM is a perm move. Think he's probably played more further up field than he has at FB.

He has hardly started any games there though normally it is coming in from the bench. And it's also because you are never going to chose him over Baines unless he is injured and with garbutt coming through he is being pushed to third choice left back.

I'm not a fan of full backs playing on the wing in general. It's completely different position when you are arriving later or when there is one defender/midfielder against you when you are often moving onto a ball, compared to being the one that is expected to make something happen often with a full back and midfielder against you. Coleman did well there for a bit but after his confidence dropped a bit from some bad games you could see he had no idea how to cope with the responsibility of making things happen from that role with two people up against him. He is great at running on to a ball and running at people but from a standing start against 2 people less so.

Oviedo isn't great at beating players, he doesn't have the link play of a pienaar, he isn't rapid so can't just run past players. He is a decent footballer so can do a job, but in his games at full back and few games played left midfield I've not seen anything that makes me think he is a good option there as a regular starter unless we have no other options.

January 06, 2015, 10:23:22 PM
Reply #48

bacon sarnie

Heart says win - form says lose - head says come on you fuckin blues.

January 06, 2015, 10:28:51 PM
Reply #49

whirlwind82

..........live on BT as well

Which should mean more at Goodison really seeing as Owen will probably be boring the fuck out of everyone on the commentary!

January 06, 2015, 10:40:32 PM
Reply #50

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Have to agree with @TheRam with his Hibbert shout. Coleman has been below par since his return and Hibbert was excellent against West Ham in the league. When you've got those brutes punting it up at every opportunity you need someone who can fill in centrally to win the headers - Hibbo can do that.

I just hope there's a performance from the lads tonight, I've forgotten what it's like to be confident.

City game has to take priority though. If we lose that then we're right in a relegation scrap whether we like it or not. I'd happily go out of the FA Cup to be honest as daft as it sounds. But it's important we play well and if we do - we win.

Would like to see Eto'o leading the line. Sick of seeing him out of position.

Goodison under the lights, the rumbles of the home crowd booing - bet the players can't wait.

Robles

Hibbert - Jags - Distin - Garbutt
               Besic
         Barkley Barry
Mirallas              Oviedo
              Eto'o
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:41:24 PM by Django »

January 06, 2015, 10:43:34 PM
Reply #51

Evertonian in NC

What channel is it on over here?

FS1

FS1 games means they should also be streaming in the USA on FoxSports Go.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:44:47 PM by Evertonian in NC »
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 06, 2015, 10:44:43 PM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
FS1

Thanks, yeah found it eventually. Will be at work, but as everything's covered in snow here, I'll stream it on my laptop.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 06, 2015, 10:46:19 PM
Reply #53

Evertonian in NC

Oops, missed the edit.  FoxSports Go should be streaming it, without malware!

I like Oviedo on the wing because he can at least pass and shoot.  Better than nothing, especially better than wasting Barkley or Eto'o.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 06, 2015, 10:56:43 PM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I've got a feed directly from my Comcast account.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 06, 2015, 11:00:33 PM
Reply #55

Rhys

Have to agree with @TheRam with his Hibbert shout. Coleman has been below par since his return and Hibbert was excellent against West Ham in the league. When you've got those brutes punting it up at every opportunity you need someone who can fill in centrally to win the headers - Hibbo can do that.

I just hope there's a performance from the lads tonight, I've forgotten what it's like to be confident.

City game has to take priority though. If we lose that then we're right in a relegation scrap whether we like it or not. I'd happily go out of the FA Cup to be honest as daft as it sounds. But it's important we play well and if we do - we win.

Would like to see Eto'o leading the line. Sick of seeing him out of position.

Goodison under the lights, the rumbles of the home crowd booing - bet the players can't wait.

Robles

Hibbert - Jags - Distin - Garbutt
               Besic
         Barkley Barry
Mirallas              Oviedo
              Eto'o

Hibbert is injured definitely out of tonight. Even if he wasnt, couldn't condone the Coleman out shout! He has been poor going forward but I actually thought first half against hull he seemed a bit more lively so I think another game and hopefully good performance might get him back on track.

With the wider point i know what you mean about not a priority and not getting dragged into a relegation battle is key. However we are playing tha badly people are so down I just don't think another defeat tonight playing badly can happen it would tip a lot of people over the edge. Plus I think after such a disappointing season we need all the hope we can get by way of a chance in the cup!

January 06, 2015, 11:18:45 PM
Reply #56

Alanvideo

Which should mean more at Goodison really seeing as Owen will probably be boring the fuck out of everyone on the commentary!
.........Yes he's BT's answer to the BBC's Phil Neville  ::)
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 06, 2015, 11:43:44 PM
Reply #57

Simon Paul

Administrator
going to be a pretty poor attendance this

wonder how many times BT will mention it?

January 07, 2015, 12:05:24 AM
Reply #58

itsmyprtyanimromelulukaku

going to be a pretty poor attendance this

wonder how many times BT will mention it?

SUB 25k
"A relegation battle doesn't start until about ten games to go and by then we won't be anyway near it" Ross 14.01.15 i fuckin hope so lad

January 07, 2015, 12:19:55 AM
Reply #59

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
SUB 25k
That the attendance or how many tines bt mentioning the poor attendance?

Simply simply lovely