February 21, 2020, 12:32:20 AM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 274722 times)

July 08, 2015, 09:17:53 PM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

A player like Cabaye should not be plying his trade with Palace. I'm amazed there weren't better offers.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 08, 2015, 09:39:09 PM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

Probably lost confidence a bit at PSG so decided going back to his former manager was a good idea.

Loyalty and friendship. Good things there

True. Don't get me wrong, good on Palace. It's nice to see class players not just going to the obvious teams, and out of step with the rest of football in a lot of ways.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

July 11, 2015, 05:10:24 AM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

Bad move for him. He'll never play.

Exactly. He might even be deluded enough to think he will, but he won't. He's obviously content enough with the money to overlook his football development.

July 11, 2015, 05:05:35 PM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

I think Depay and Darmian (from the little I've seen of him) are good signings. Not convinced about Mr Ana Ivanovic though. His best pig mounting days are behind him for me.

July 13, 2015, 06:00:17 AM
Reply #34

Bluedylan

I'm really enjoying the break from football, and like Ram, the snippets I'm getting from transfers etc is making me not miss it at all.

July 13, 2015, 07:02:17 PM
Reply #35

Bluedylan

The Prem is a fucking joke

July 13, 2015, 11:09:49 PM
Reply #36

Bluedylan

United are going to do very well this season I think, they've needed midfielders like this for years.

Anyone who throws 150-200m at their transfers year on year, in an overrated league, should be doing very well at the very least.

July 14, 2015, 12:22:01 AM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

Seems a bit aggressive, was only saying.  lolol

Sorry, nowt personal. Been in a nark all day.

July 14, 2015, 08:37:12 PM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

Spurs have been linked with the young Belgian striker with the name I'm not going to try and type without looking it up.

Spurs have been linked with people living in as yet undiscovered tribes deep in the Amazon. They've probably been linked with me and you at some point, if you google hard enough (can you google hard?).

July 15, 2015, 11:38:05 PM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

Props to Southampton. Replaced Schneiderlin with Classie, replaced Clyne with Cedric Suarez and made tidy profits on both. Also got loads of youth players coming through into the first team pretty much year on year. One of the less depressing team in the Prem.

July 19, 2015, 04:47:52 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Amusing to read Mourinho complaining that spending has gone mad in the Prem.

The sheer balls of the man to say something like that with a straight face.

July 19, 2015, 04:54:01 PM
Reply #41

Bluedylan

Obviously I love Everton, but I am sort of wondering to myself where my cutoff point will be with top flight football. I'm getting to a point where I'm disliking it a lot, and I don't really wanna spend my time disliking something, when I can just enjoy my life and get on with other stuff.

I dunno, as others have said on different threads, pretty disillusioned with it at the moment, and can't really see the situation improving any time soon (if anything, probably the opposite).

July 19, 2015, 05:24:05 PM
Reply #42

Bluedylan

Man City sign 18 year old Patrick Roberts from Fulham. The fee is believed to be around 12m for a lad with one year left on his contract who hasn't played a full 90 minutes. Bargain.

I wonder if he'll ever be heard of again?

Seen a bit of him, and he did look quality. Wondered what happened to him when Fulham vanished.

August 03, 2015, 03:33:12 PM
Reply #43

Bluedylan

Will that club never learn? Bet they're both on serious wedge as well.

August 13, 2015, 01:59:58 AM
Reply #44

Bluedylan

Soton have signed Oriol Romeu from Chelsea for 5m. Good player in the brief times I've seen him. Astute business.