October 20, 2018, 06:36:27 PM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 170914 times)

June 26, 2015, 04:18:54 AM
Reply #300

ally2

The Southampton thing with Liverpool is getting really weird now.

June 26, 2015, 05:08:09 AM
Reply #301

ForzaItalia

Your wrong

They don't spend money

They are rubbing their nose at the ceiling above them that is the big spenders

I meant to write only spent £243m. Poor bastards.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

June 26, 2015, 06:15:55 AM
Reply #302

Tony Clifton

Liverpool fans hail player they've never heard of as saviour

ROBERTO Firmino is the man to fire Liverpool to the Premier League title, according to supporters who only learned his name yesterday.

Firmino has signed from a German club no-one has ever head of for £29 million, and Reds fans are predicting great things for the right or left-sided player who is probably Brazilian.

Season ticket holder Joe Turner said: “I’ve always rated Firmino, ever since I first heard about him four hours ago. He’ll be the perfect replacement for Steven Gerrard, or maybe Raheem Sterling, or possibly Simon Mignolet.”

Fellow Kopite Bill McKay said: “It’s great this club can attract someone of Firmino’s calibre, assuming that calibre is high.”

Firmino said: “I am delighted to join whichever club it is that has just offered me £250,000 a week.

“Since childhood I have dreamed of being a desperate panic buy. It’s a great day.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/liverpool-fans-hail-player-theyve-never-heard-of-as-saviour-2015062599570
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:17:11 AM by Tony Clifton »

June 26, 2015, 03:41:17 PM
Reply #303

School of Science

Sooo the shite halfway through buying a new team again....Like last year....And the year before. If only I had a crystal ball then I could see what they are going to do next year  ;D
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

June 26, 2015, 03:59:04 PM
Reply #304

bacon sarnie

Who's next boss?

Told you not to bother me when I'm having work done.

But Southampton are having a sale again!

Jesus. I'm getting me teeth clyned here!

OK Boss. I'm all over it......

June 26, 2015, 04:20:50 PM
Reply #305

Gash

Global Moderator
Southampton holding out for £15m for Clyne, Liverpool have offered £12.5m. That's a hell of a money for a solid if unspectacular player with one year left on his contract. I haven't seen a lot of him but he must be decent at defending because two goals and no assists in 35 games suggest he doesn't offer much going forward?

June 26, 2015, 04:55:07 PM
Reply #306

ally2

Southampton holding out for £15m for Clyne, Liverpool have offered £12.5m. That's a hell of a money for a solid if unspectacular player with one year left on his contract. I haven't seen a lot of him but he must be decent at defending because two goals and no assists in 35 games suggest he doesn't offer much going forward?

Well he's good enough for England. That should tell you everything.

June 26, 2015, 05:03:30 PM
Reply #307

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Well he's good enough for England. That should tell you everything.
He isnt tho
They are playing a cb there and when he went off they slotted Henderson in!
Simply simply lovely

June 26, 2015, 08:04:36 PM
Reply #308

Gash

Global Moderator

June 26, 2015, 10:35:43 PM
Reply #309

Bluedylan

Payet to West Ham just feels like a typically scattergun West Ham signing, with no real thought or plan to the way they operate. Just another name on big money, a generic attacking player to appease the fans.

Can well imagine a scenario when Bilic gets sacked within the next 18-24 months, that they're offloading Payet for less money than they paid for him to get him off the wage bill just to enable whoever the new not-very-good-manager they've appointed is to get his marquee overrated, overpaid signing in.

Their squad is just a mishmash of different types of player with no real plan or identity. Sunderland and QPR operate in a similar way.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 27, 2015, 01:28:34 AM
Reply #310

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Payet to West Ham just feels like a typically scattergun West Ham signing, with no real thought or plan to the way they operate. Just another name on big money, a generic attacking player to appease the fans.

Can well imagine a scenario when Bilic gets sacked within the next 18-24 months, that they're offloading Payet for less money than they paid for him to get him off the wage bill just to enable whoever the new not-very-good-manager they've appointed is to get his marquee overrated, overpaid signing in.

Their squad is just a mishmash of different types of player with no real plan or identity. Sunderland and QPR operate in a similar way.

Gone by March.

June 28, 2015, 06:22:39 AM
Reply #311

hill135

Bacca to Milan.

Good signing.

June 28, 2015, 06:25:42 AM
Reply #312

Bluedylan

Bacca to Milan.

Good signing.

How much, and where are the Milan clubs suddenly getting their wedge from?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 28, 2015, 06:38:03 AM
Reply #313

hill135

How much, and where are the Milan clubs suddenly getting their wedge from?

Paid the full buy out clause of 30 million Euros.

With Milan a Thai billionaire has just invested nearly half a billion pounds. With Inter, fuck knows! They're in violation of FFP already, but with no Europe this year they have an extra year to balance the books. I guess they're gambling on qualifying for the CL this season. If they don't it could be messy.

June 28, 2015, 06:43:35 AM
Reply #314

Shogun

Administrator
Aren't FFP rules set to be scrapped?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth