0 (0%)
Lukaku
1 (1.6%)
Oviedo (Sub)
0 (0%)
Mirallas (Sub)
16 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: West Ham v Everton  (Read 29875 times)

January 11, 2015, 10:03:21 AM
Read 29875 times

Shogun

Administrator

West Ham United v Everton FC
The Boleyn Ground
Tuesday 13th January 19:45
FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

West Ham - Last Five Matches

Chelsea 2-0 West Ham
West Ham 1-2 Arsenal (Kouyate)
West Brom 1-1 West Ham (Sakho)
Everton 1-1 West Ham - FA Cup (Collins)
Swansea 1-1 West Ham (Carroll)

Everton - Last Five Matches

Everton 0-1 Stoke City
Newcastle 3-2 Everton (Kone, Mirallas)
Hull City 2-0 Everton
Everton 1-1 West Ham - FA Cup (Lukaku)
Everton 1-1 Man City (Naismith)

West Ham United

West Ham will probably go into this match with the lesser confidence having surrendered leads in each of their last two matches, including the late Romelu Lukaku equaliser in the original tie. However, the Hammers have home advantage in this one and only three teams (Tottenham, Southampton & Arsenal) have managed to bag all three points from Upton Park, and they've only lost one of their last 8 matches at home (W6 D1). West Ham United will be with their three African players for this match but for different reasons. Diafra Sakho pulled out of international duty having injured his back, with the Senegalese FA making attempts to prevent the player from playing for West Ham for the length of the African Cup of Nations he is going to miss. Alex Song retired from international football in the week but is likely to miss out through illness whilst Cheikhou Kouyate has actually gone to the African Cup of Nations.

Possible Line ups

Everton

Despite a quick comeback to earn a draw against Manchester City, Everton picked up an unwanted record at the weekend. Fernandinho's goal meant Everton had failed to keep a clean sheet for 11 matches in a row and this is the joint longest streak this season alongside Stoke City. Their form away in the league doesn't fill Everton with much confidence either as the Toffees have lost 6 of their 11 league matches on the road this season after only losing 5 away matches for the entire league campaign in the 2013-14 season. Everton's haven't won in their last 6 matches in all competitions which is the longest run without a win of any Premier league side. Everton have several injuries going into this match with none likely to be available until the next round of Premier League matches whilst Christian Atsu is the only player on international duty.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 11, 2015, 02:06:45 PM
Reply #1

TSGun

It's interesting to see the difference between the PL results and FA cup tie results. It would also seem stopping Downing prevents them scoring anything.

We take a bit of momentum into this, with regard to the tie that is, and if we can keep taking steps forward then surely this is winnable. There's been a change in attitude lately that should give reason to be a little more optimistic and hopeful. Man to man we're loads better than West Ham, we just have to keep moving forward.

January 11, 2015, 05:01:52 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Lukaku has to start for me.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 11, 2015, 05:04:50 PM
Reply #3

itsmyprtyanimromelulukaku

they will come at us and we can hit speedily on the break, this is the perferct set up for us. I expect an easy win of 3 - 1 and the return to form continues.

coyb's
"A relegation battle doesn't start until about ten games to go and by then we won't be anyway near it" Ross 14.01.15 i fuckin hope so lad

January 11, 2015, 05:17:01 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Lukaku has to start for me.

I would say so to usually but the lads grieving hard for Junior Malanda, wouldn't be surprised if he gets left out on compassionate leave.

January 11, 2015, 05:46:13 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It may make him determined to play and get a goal in his memory.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 11, 2015, 06:46:48 PM
Reply #6

ally2

BT sport

January 11, 2015, 07:06:57 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It may make him determined to play and get a goal in his memory.

True I am sure the decision will be his

January 11, 2015, 07:14:25 PM
Reply #8

TheTone

I would say so to usually but the lads grieving hard for Junior Malanda, wouldn't be surprised if he gets left out on compassionate leave.

wtf? were they related or summit?

get on with it soft lid

January 11, 2015, 07:17:24 PM
Reply #9

The Analog Kid

wtf? were they related or summit?

get on with it soft lid

Yeah?

What a stupid thing to say. Footballers get to know and respect each other pretty well. To them it's like losing a very good friend or relation.

January 11, 2015, 07:19:12 PM
Reply #10

TheTone

Yeah?

What a stupid thing to say. Footballers get to know and respect each other pretty well. To them it's like losing a very good friend or relation.

poor babies, jesus wept

January 11, 2015, 07:19:48 PM
Reply #11

The Analog Kid

January 11, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
Reply #12

TheTone

life goes on, roll up the sleeves, get on with it and bang in an hatrick

January 11, 2015, 07:23:17 PM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
life goes on, roll up the sleeves, get on with it and bang in an hatrick

Yeah, you're right. I'm gutted that I took a couple of days off work when my best mate died when he was 19. Big baby me.
- Walt Disney

January 11, 2015, 07:24:54 PM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
His brother was his best mate. Have a fucking word with yourself, he's a human being not a robot