November 21, 2017, 11:18:23 PM

Author Topic: 16 games left 8H + 8A  (Read 2574 times)

January 20, 2015, 05:36:26 AM
Read 2574 times

chang

Plenty of points to play for.

We are (IMO) not in threat of relegation, too many teams 12th down "involved" and the points are tight, which actually works to our advantage as we have them on the board.

The season has of course been a disappointment, a disaster for sure........but now is not the time to play manager, now is not the time to point fingers and walk around with a smug, cocky "my way or now way"attitude.

We have a very good squad that is misfiring, we need them to galvanise and come good, like wise us fans have a responsibility to maybe not accept the situation, but do all we can to support our team and get the best out of them.

If  it's all too much for some folk who like it all served up on a plate for them,then please step to one side and leave it to those of us with blue blood "come what may"

When you are down, when you are struggling in any walk of life let alone professional football, you need to be positive, believe in your own ability, the moment you doubt yourself, you are in the shit and that goes for a team as well.....it will happen, but if I read one more time "we're turning into Wigan" I will kick our cat to kingdomcome.....so for the sake of our cat, if nothing else, get behind our lads and be part of solution, not part of the problem.

"Evertonians are born, not manufactured. We do not choose, we are chosen. Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand, don't matter"

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Everton

deCoubertin

January 20, 2015, 05:46:52 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We are in a relagation battle. We need to stop thinking about how we did last year against sides and realise this

Martinez needs to buck his fucking ideas up or he could well be the most infamous everton manager of all time

Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2015, 05:58:48 AM
Reply #2

toffee_scot

We are (IMO) not in threat of relegation, too many teams 12th down "involved" and the points are tight, which actually works to our advantage as we have them on the board.

I agree with everything you've said except this part. At this moment in time we have to accept that we are in a relegation battle and to bring up the old cliche - the league table doesn't lie. I am not saying this to be doom and gloom but rather because we need to see the reality and act with urgency quickly because it could be lost opportunities like the West Brom game that could cost us dearly.

We do not have a divine right to be a Premier League team, we have to earn it when we play Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:59:39 AM by toffee_scot »

January 20, 2015, 06:05:08 AM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We really are in a relegation battle. The home games against Burnley, Leicester and Sunderland look like our best chances of getting wins again this season and maybe Newcastle, a couple of draws in the others and we should just about stay up

From us down there is hardly anything between the sides, we have a bit more quality but a lot less fight than everyone else which really is worrying.

The manager needs to learn some massive lessons this season or next season he will not be here. I lay a lot of the blame with how poor we've been this season on him. At the end of the day it's his job to get the team to perform and it feels like he has lost the confidence of both the team and the fans
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 20, 2015, 06:10:11 AM
Reply #4

bluenuck

I agree with everything you've said except this part. At this moment in time we have to accept that we are in a relegation battle and to bring up the old cliche - the league table doesn't lie. I am not saying this to be doom and gloom but rather because we need to see the reality and act with urgency quickly because it could be lost opportunities like the West Brom game that could cost us dearly.

We do not have a divine right to be a Premier League team, we have to earn it when we play Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal...

Very well said. Especially that last sentence.

People need to wake up. This team is in a relegation battle. let's get through it and fix what we need to in the summer.

January 20, 2015, 06:15:17 AM
Reply #5

chang

No problem at all, nothing is a given, I as a team player have too much respect for any opposition to see any game as a "gimme" - I think footy fans get a little too pre-fixd with 40 points, last year 36 saw WBA safe, 40 got West Ham 13th - The bottom two at this point (22 games), Cardiff and Fulham went down - Norwich were 12th after 23 games on 24 pts and ended the season with 33.Just 9 from final 15 games.

I get as mad as the next fan watching the game, and fully understand and accept the reality of our season /position, but I'm a fighter, not a quitter...every point, every tackle I'll be behind my team looking forwards, not over my shoulder.

January 20, 2015, 06:24:43 AM
Reply #6

toffee_scot

I get as mad as the next fan watching the game, and fully understand and accept the reality of our season /position, but I'm a fighter, not a quitter...every point, every tackle I'll be behind my team looking forwards, not over my shoulder.
Indeed, the team need a good confidence boost and the fans can help, at this moment in time, we have to accept where we are and every decision that goes in our favour, we should show the team our appreciation.

January 20, 2015, 06:27:48 AM
Reply #7

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber

Palace away, RS home, Chelsea away, Leicester home, Arsenal away, Stoke away.... Hmm things need to pick up pronto.

Palace - last 3 games P3 L3

RS - last 3 games (Goodison) P3 D2 L1

Chelsea - last 3 games (Bridge) P3 L3

Leicester - MUST WIN

Arsenal - last 3 games (Emirates) P3 D2 L1

Stoke - last 3 games (Britannia) P3 D2 L1

All the above included an Everton team either well established under Moyes, or a record breaking Everton (Premiership) team.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:29:32 AM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 20, 2015, 08:48:36 AM
Reply #8

Cuttyblue

Very well said. Especially that last sentence.

People need to wake up. This team is in a relegation battle. let's get through it and fix what we need to in the summer.

Excuse me for the outburst, but how the hell is this even happening?  At some point, you just have to say "I have no clue what is going on or how we got here." I mean that.  Yes, yes I know the obvious answer is because "the players can't win football matches" but really, why?

January 20, 2015, 09:40:15 AM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
48 points.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 20, 2015, 12:05:39 PM
Reply #10

dekko

We are in relegation battle. People also forget we are still in a Europe and this could cost us. Our squad is getting smaller so fatigue will play a big role too.

January 20, 2015, 02:34:32 PM
Reply #11

toffee_scot

Agree that the Europa League is becoming even more of a burden now. We need to concentrate as much as possible on the Premier League and take each game as it comes.

January 20, 2015, 02:42:07 PM
Reply #12

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Id take 5 league wins on the bounce and a European exit against Young Boys!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 20, 2015, 03:16:36 PM
Reply #13

itsmyprtyanimromelulukaku

if he doesn't change our style we will be relegated, it's that simple
"A relegation battle doesn't start until about ten games to go and by then we won't be anyway near it" Ross 14.01.15 i fuckin hope so lad

January 20, 2015, 03:59:27 PM
Reply #14

bluestevie

if he doesn't change our style we will be relegated, it's that simple

We will not be relegated for absolute fucks sake. Sick of having to repeat this
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson