November 21, 2017, 02:20:15 PM

Author Topic: 16 games left 8H + 8A  (Read 2572 times)

January 20, 2015, 04:35:31 PM
Reply #15

Fern

We will not be relegated for absolute fucks sake. Sick of having to repeat this

Oh, alright, we are safe because Mystic Meg says so. Everyone give a huge sigh of relief.

deCoubertin

January 20, 2015, 04:48:41 PM
Reply #16

itsmyprtyanimromelulukaku

Hope your right but just can't see where a win is coming from..........Martinez is gambling the football clubs future atm and it is simply not working, something has to change as there is no belief in the players
"A relegation battle doesn't start until about ten games to go and by then we won't be anyway near it" Ross 14.01.15 i fuckin hope so lad

January 20, 2015, 04:54:43 PM
Reply #17

bluestevie

Oh, alright, we are safe because Mystic Meg says so. Everyone give a huge sigh of relief.

Don't be a tit
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 20, 2015, 05:25:41 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Excuse me for the outburst, but how the hell is this even happening?  At some point, you just have to say "I have no clue what is going on or how we got here." I mean that.  Yes, yes I know the obvious answer is because "the players can't win football matches" but really, why?

My mate (Oldham fan) texted last night and said 'How the fuck is a team containing Lukaku, Mirallas, Barkley, Baines, Coleman, McCarthy, Stones etc.... facing a relegation battle?' Couldn't really answer him.

January 20, 2015, 05:31:20 PM
Reply #19

duncandisorderly

Love the blind faith mate, but seriously, at this present time we are right in a relegation battle. We also have the worst form in the league in the last dozen or so matches. I don't think we will go down either but to dismiss it out of hand is silly.

January 20, 2015, 05:32:09 PM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
if he doesn't change our style we will be relegated, it's that simple
It's gonna be a lot lor closer than people seem to realise. Think we may just stay up tho

Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2015, 06:17:39 PM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's gonna be a lot lor closer than people seem to realise. Think we may just stay up tho

Blindly assuming we're bound to be comfortably in midtable is just as daft/dangerous as being in the completely certain mind that we're going down (and all the negativity that brings with it) - as unless there is a recognition that some serious work needs to be done then there is a chance that everyone just thinks "it'll be ok" despite each passing game being anything but.

January 20, 2015, 06:27:46 PM
Reply #22

goodtouchforabigman

At the moment I'm struggling to see how we are going to score goals let alone win games. Foster didn't have one serious save to make last night, that's worrying.

Not saying we will get relegated but something needs to change and soon.

January 20, 2015, 06:31:38 PM
Reply #23

Dvm23

The club, fans, players & anyone connected to the club all need to understand this is a serious situation. Possibly by the time we play Leicester it could look really bad. The dangerous thing is to dismiss the situation. I believe we will be ok but it's obviously going to be a time for the players to roll their sleeves up. As much as he gets stick, Osman is gonna be a miss at present for his experience

January 20, 2015, 06:33:56 PM
Reply #24

cjohno100

deluded and if the players have the same "we wont go down " then no wonder we cant win games, weve won 3 home games all season and were near the end of january, we got to realise were in a relegation battle or will be dragged deeeper into it, were do you think we will get our next win? liverpool at home? palace or chelsea away? wake up

January 20, 2015, 06:35:41 PM
Reply #25

Rhys

It's dangerous to completely dismiss it when we have won 1 of the last 13 games in the next 6 league games we have Chelsea, arsenal and stoke away with Liverpool at home. After that we are into the last 12 games and could easily still be 4 points above the drop zone at best.

There is still plenty of time to push up the table into the top half but until we start having better and more consistent performances along with a few wins to build confidence we can't ignore that we could still be in the mix with 10 games to go.

January 20, 2015, 06:51:37 PM
Reply #26

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's dangerous to completely dismiss it when we have won 1 of the last 13 games in the next 6 league games we have Chelsea, arsenal and stoke away with Liverpool at home. After that we are into the last 12 games and could easily still be 4 points above the drop zone at best.

There is still plenty of time to push up the table into the top half but until we start having better and more consistent performances along with a few wins to build confidence we can't ignore that we could still be in the mix with 10 games to go.
We could easily lose all them and then it's one win in 17...... Thats not relegation form, thats fucking hideous

Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2015, 07:22:10 PM
Reply #27

bluestevie

deluded and if the players have the same "we wont go down " then no wonder we cant win games, weve won 3 home games all season and were near the end of january, we got to realise were in a relegation battle or will be dragged deeeper into it, were do you think we will get our next win? liverpool at home? palace or chelsea away? wake up

Not deluded in the slightest, who's to say we won't beat Palace or dare say it our beloved little brothers from across the park. We won't beat Chelsea though I'll give you that. It all depends on how this warm weather camp goes, if the players come back with the attitude that almost saw off West Ham last week and nicked a point from City then take that into the remaining games and bag a few wins
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 20, 2015, 07:27:30 PM
Reply #28

cjohno100

Not deluded in the slightest, who's to say we won't beat Palace or dare say it our beloved little brothers from across the park. We won't beat Chelsea though I'll give you that. It all depends on how this warm weather camp goes, if the players come back with the attitude that almost saw off West Ham last week and nicked a point from City then take that into the remaining games and bag a few wins
weve been saying this for 3 months, we will beat this team and that team and its not happened , how can we be confident in our next 4 games,we can be saying this with a few games left when its desperate.

January 20, 2015, 07:35:13 PM
Reply #29

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

We could beat Palace of course (and maybe even L'pool ;) ) but that's been said before nearly every game recently and it hasn't happened. In fact, in most cases it's not been close to happening.

That's what people are getting at.

I'd agree that if we do beat Palace then that might start to make things look better, bring some confidence back etc but until it does happen you can't take anything for granted.

After QPR I'd have said worst case scenario out of the next 6 games was 6 points and that would have been bad - we got 2. Those missing 4 points would make a big difference to the panic levels now yet we didn't seem to realise what was required.

We picked up for the previous 3 games (although that was almost impossible not to do) but then we were back to being pretty useless in the next game where the opposition wasn't obliging in their tactics.

I don't want everyone biting their nails screaming at every little thing that might go wrong as that's not going to help - but until the team actually wins some games that's what some people will do whether they can help it or not.

But back to your original point, in order to have a chance of beating Palace and/or Liverpool then we have to do better than we have been doing over the past 13 games. It's not a case of simply "it will happen if we carry on like this" as we're not playing at that level on any measure.