November 20, 2017, 10:07:17 AM

Author Topic: 16 games left 8H + 8A  (Read 2571 times)

January 20, 2015, 07:40:03 PM
Reply #30

itsmyprtyanimromelulukaku

I actually think i can see defensive improvements, but only a little, attacking wise we look clueless and without wanting to go over old ground the sooner Ross is moved up front the better he is not a midfield player.
"A relegation battle doesn't start until about ten games to go and by then we won't be anyway near it" Ross 14.01.15 i fuckin hope so lad

deCoubertin

January 20, 2015, 07:46:49 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I actually think i can see defensive improvements, but only a little, attacking wise we look clueless and without wanting to go over old ground the sooner Ross is moved up front the better he is not a midfield player.
Easily better when stones plays although we could have played stallone, Mr t, kenwright and Mr ed at the back last night cos west brom weren't arsed about attacking

Simply simply lovely

January 20, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
Reply #32

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Just looking at the fixtures of those not far below us over the coming weeks against ours, seems a few of them have fixtures as tough as ours coming up but still looks like we'll need a big improvement very soon:

12th Everton (23pts): Palace (A), Liverpool (H), Chelsea (A), Leicester (H), Arsenal (A)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13th Palace (23 pts): Everton (H), Leicester (A), Newcastle (H), Arsenal (H), West Ham (A)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14th West Brom (22 pts): Spurs (H), Burnley (A), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), Southampton (H)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15th Villa (22 pts): Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Hull (A), Stoke (H), Newcastle (A)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16th Sunderland (20 pts): Burnley (H), Swansea (A), QPR (H), West Brom (H), Man United (A)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17th Burnley (20pts): Sunderland (A), West Brom (H), Man United (A), Chelsea (A), Swansea (H)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18th Hull (19 pts): Newcastle (H), Man City (A), Villa (H), QPR (H), Stoke (A)

These fixtures also run til the end of Feb so if things haven't improved drastically by then we really are in a scrap.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 20, 2015, 08:44:44 PM
Reply #33

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Also notice all but Burnley and West Brom  have home fixtures the same weekend of our 'easiest' game (Leicester)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:46:40 PM by Verm »
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 20, 2015, 08:47:53 PM
Reply #34

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Also only 11 games left after that run.

January 20, 2015, 08:51:01 PM
Reply #35

Django

NSNO Subscriber
It all looks very worrying. I don't think listening to the media hype around it all helps though.

They were bragging about West Brom being unbeaten under Pulis last night. He's managed them for two Prem games. If that's worth bragging about then we're unbeaten in the last 2 as well. Hoorah!

Seriously though, I can't see us being in this rut till May. Teams have poor runs and it always changes, no one goes forever without a win. We've got enough quality to get through this. We just need that one win and to get some of the fringe players back fit so that we can make some like for like subs.

Once we get a win, the momentum completely changes and you're not even thinking about losing it's all about winning the game in front of you.

January 20, 2015, 08:55:49 PM
Reply #36

bertcocaine

Just looking at the fixtures of those not far below us over the coming weeks against ours, seems a few of them have fixtures as tough as ours coming up but still looks like we'll need a big improvement very soon:

12th Everton (23pts): Palace (A), Liverpool (H), Chelsea (A), Leicester (H), Arsenal (A)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13th Palace (23 pts): Everton (H), Leicester (A), Newcastle (H), Arsenal (H), West Ham (A)
14th West Brom (22 pts): Spurs (H), Burnley (A), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), Southampton (H)
15th Villa (22 pts): Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Hull (A), Stoke (H), Newcastle (A)
16th Sunderland (20 pts): Burnley (H), Swansea (A), QPR (H), West Brom (H), Man United (A)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17th Burnley (20pts): Sunderland (A), West Brom (H), Man United (A), Chelsea (A), Swansea (H)
18th Hull (19 pts): Newcastle (H), Man City (A), Villa (H), QPR (H), Stoke (A)

hmm. While I would hope for 3 points against Leicester, it's easy to see the team and crowd being in bits at that point with the pressure to win.

Palace can easily get 9. West Brom could easily not lose any of theirs, except perhaps Southampton. They ought to win at least one, so say 6 points.

Villa are gonna get raped, unless they can get something at Hull. Sunderland will be hoping for a couple of wins at home, although Burnley could give them a game. Could well get 7 points though.. Burnley's best chance is probably Sunderland away, or Swansea at home. Be impressed if they get 4 points really. Hull is a tough one.. but could get up to 7 depending on how Newcastle play. Could get nothing.

So after that run we could quite easily find ourselves vying with Burnley and Villa for 16th.. possibly ahead of them on goal difference..  :shock:
We do not know truth - we only know our opinions, and those of others

January 20, 2015, 11:43:16 PM
Reply #37

bluenose27

Just looked at the League Table and our run of fixtures. Lets get real here and not bury our heads in our arses we are in the Relegation battle. We need to realise this and treat every game as if we are! Every year a club who no one thinks will go down gets sucked in and this year it is us.
A failure by the club staff and players to accept this wil lead to the inevitable as our form is the worst in the Premier League.

January 20, 2015, 11:47:07 PM
Reply #38

itsmyprtyanimromelulukaku

Just looked at the League Table and our run of fixtures. Lets get real here and not bury our heads in our arses we are in the Relegation battle. We need to realise this and treat every game as if we are! Every year a club who no one thinks will go down gets sucked in and this year it is us.
A failure by the club staff and players to accept this wil lead to the inevitable as our form is the worst in the Premier League.

3 months late buddy
"A relegation battle doesn't start until about ten games to go and by then we won't be anyway near it" Ross 14.01.15 i fuckin hope so lad

January 20, 2015, 11:51:04 PM
Reply #39

Simon Paul

Administrator

January 20, 2015, 11:51:59 PM
Reply #40

bertcocaine

shouldn't this just be a post in the existing debate?

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46953.0
We do not know truth - we only know our opinions, and those of others

January 20, 2015, 11:58:27 PM
Reply #41

Shogun

Administrator

I'm glad you brought it up mate, there's been nothing but false positivity on here lately.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 21, 2015, 12:58:12 AM
Reply #42

SouthBlue

I think for the time being Martinez needs to stop trying to get Naismith and Barkley in the same side! Naismith's bite, cleverness and goal threat isn't the same unless he's directly behind Lukaku. And we can see how playing Barkley on the left appears to have ruined his confidence (and the fans' in him) - he needs to come off the bench for a little bit I reckon.

What we are missing from last season is the 'snap' in the passing and the attitude off the ball and on. To be honest overplaying around the box and being like a slow Arsenal at times (and who needs that!) was also a fault of the Moyes era, as well as last season. Also, without Osman and Pienaar, we don't have all the players best suited to the intricate possession game in any case.

Get McCarthy back in and Naismith in the centre and be slightly - only slightly - more direct, whizz some quicker crosses in at times before defences have time to settle...and I think we'll start to win some games.

January 21, 2015, 01:08:41 AM
Reply #43

bluenuck

I think for the time being Martinez needs to stop trying to get Naismith and Barkley in the same side! Naismith's bite, cleverness and goal threat isn't the same unless he's directly behind Lukaku. And we can see how playing Barkley on the left appears to have ruined his confidence (and the fans' in him) - he needs to come off the bench for a little bit I reckon.

This is becoming extremely evident. Especially after Last night when Naismith and Barkley didn't look very good. There's problems though with changing it. Injuries, and suspensions.