November 18, 2017, 05:21:28 AM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 21026 times)

January 27, 2015, 07:57:04 PM
Read 21026 times

Shogun

Administrator

Crystal Palace v Everton FC
Selhurst Park
Saturday 31st January 15:00
Premier League Match #23

Crystal Palace - Last Five Matches

Aston Villa 0-0 Crystal Palace
Dover 0-4 Crystal Palace - FA Cup (Dann x2, Gayle, Doyle)
Crystal Palace 2-1 Tottenham (Sakho)
Burnley 2-3 Crystal Palace (Gayle x2, Puncheon)
Southampton 2-3 Crystal Palace - FA Cup (Chamakh x2, Sanogo)

Everton - Last Five Matches

Hull City 2-0 Everton
Everton 1-1 West Ham - FA Cup (Lukaku)
Everton 1-1 Man City (Naismith)
West Ham 2-2 Everton (Mirallas, Lukaku)
Everton 0-0 West Brom

Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace registered four wins in four under Alan Pardew at the weekend with an impressive 3-2 victory away to Southampton in the FA Cup. Their last Premier League match also ended in a 3-2 victory as the Eagles came from 2-0 down away to Burnley to take home all the spoils. Crystal Palace have gained the same amount of points as Everton this season and are only lower in the table on goal difference so a home victory would take them above their opponents. Crystal Palace have come from behind to win in both of their Premier League matches under Pardew after failing to win any match they went behind under the stewardship of Tony Pulis.

Crystal Palace have conceded on average 1.50 goals in premier league home matches this season which is the worst in the league, though they've played one less match than most other teams. Crystal Palace conceded in their last match at Selhurst Park against Tottenham to extend a run of home fixtures without a clean sheet to 7 matches, the longest streak in the Premier League. The Eagles have kept the joint lowest amount of clean sheets (2) in the Premier League this season alongside Stoke City, Leicester City and Sunderland.

Possible Line ups

Everton

Everton have failed to find a win in any of their last 8 matches in all competitions and by the time this match is played, it will have been 47 days since Everton last tasted victory, a 3-1 home win against Queens Park Rangers. Everton kept their first clean sheet in 11 matches as a result of the 0-0 home draw against West Brom in their last Premier League fixture but they've not kept a clean sheet on the road since the reverse fixture against West Brom which came on the 13th September in a 2-0 victory. Everton have lost 5 away matches in a row in the Premier League going into this match and have lost their last two meetings against Crystal Palace 3-2.

Everton's 4m summer signing Muhamed Besic has played more than expected this season due to the injury problems of James McCarthy and he's wasted no time in becoming a cult figure to the Everton supporters. The Bosnian international has a success rate of 69% (25/36) taking on opposition players which is the highest percentage of any player in the squad (With more than 10 take ons). Besic's passing success of 88% is only beaten by Ross Barkley and Phil Jagielka (89%) in the Everton squad but no player has committed more fouls (Per90) in the Everton squad than Besic this season.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 27, 2015, 08:03:13 PM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What on earth is the zenith data systems cup?

January 27, 2015, 08:05:31 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

It was massive back in the day. Only second to the Anglo-Italian Cup.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 27, 2015, 08:11:10 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The Milk Cup was the real prize back in the day

January 27, 2015, 08:56:53 PM
Reply #4

bertcocaine

Was a competition created to cover for lack of European football after the Heysel ban:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Members_Cup
We do not know truth - we only know our opinions, and those of others

January 27, 2015, 08:58:38 PM
Reply #5

bertcocaine

Beware Jason Puncheon.
We do not know truth - we only know our opinions, and those of others

January 27, 2015, 09:02:03 PM
Reply #6

WiltshireBlue

Was a competition created to cover for lack of European football after the Heysel ban:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Members_Cup

Yep, it was and I was at the match Palace tonked us :( and it was the final too
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:03:25 PM by WiltshireBlue »

January 27, 2015, 09:12:11 PM
Reply #7

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw in this one

A booking for Gareth Barry and he misses the Derby
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 27, 2015, 10:25:38 PM
Reply #8

The Analog Kid

Wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw in this one

Which would mean Besic and McCarthy in midfield.

Every cloud....

Joking aside, I dunno how I'd feel should he get a ban, do we want him in the team for the derby or do we go for the two above...?

January 27, 2015, 10:27:59 PM
Reply #9

The Analog Kid

We got mullered in extra-time.

January 27, 2015, 11:10:30 PM
Reply #10

blob

palace have historically been one of our gimmes. not any more :(

having checked on that, my memory must be fucking with me...

http://www.11v11.com/teams/everton/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Crystal%20Palace
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:12:45 PM by blob »

January 27, 2015, 11:33:30 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That was another cup we never won. Will never forget the final against Forest though, we went down 4-3 but it was a great game. Southall not at his best in that one from what I remember.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 28, 2015, 12:59:03 AM
Reply #12

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

We can only hope
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 28, 2015, 01:01:34 AM
Reply #13

Paddockoldie

Tricky game as Pardew will set his team out to hit us on the break as per... got to take this game by the scruff and press them... could go either way, but not easy.

January 28, 2015, 02:59:04 AM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

Give me a Besic/McCarthy midfield for the Derby, and I may have to predict a win, even if it costs me the Prediction League crown.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin