November 14, 2018, 11:19:49 PM

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 28279 times)

January 27, 2015, 08:56:53 PM
Read 28279 times

bertcocaine

What on earth is the zenith data systems cup?

Was a competition created to cover for lack of European football after the Heysel ban:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Members_Cup
We do not know truth - we only know our opinions, and those of others

January 27, 2015, 08:58:38 PM
Reply #1

bertcocaine

Beware Jason Puncheon.

January 30, 2015, 01:38:25 AM
Reply #2

bertcocaine

Since Martinez became Everton manager, we have only won 2 games in which McCarthy hasn't featured:

1. The QPR game where we won 3-1. QPR were shite but still Bobby Zamora scored.
2. The Carling Cup game vs. Stevenage last season. But even then we only won it during extra time thanks to the Fellaini sub. McCarthy would join the club a few days later.

Not true. He only missed 1 league game last season, but he was suspended when Fulham visited us and we won 4-1.

however i agree that we need him in the team.  :woohoo:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:40:47 AM by bertcocaine »

January 30, 2015, 02:05:55 AM
Reply #3

bertcocaine

Another interesting stat would be, our win ratio with and without Leon Osman.

indeed. Although given his history, might be useful to split into three categories, with (start), with (sub), without ?

January 30, 2015, 07:39:46 PM
Reply #4

bertcocaine

Ah ok, make that 3 games we've won without him but I'm not sure I want to count that fixture as we always seem to be guaranteed a win when they visit ;)

lol I was thinking that as I posted it. ;D

However, i'm not sure it's a simple case of we can't win without him - given most of our team hasn't been up to standard this term, and he missed only two games last season after he signed.. not a great data set. He's also played in a number of games we've not won this season. Just co-incidence from a stats viewpoint that he's been missing during some of our worst games this season. He might of helped but given it's a lack of forward penetration and random errors by players, the only way he might of changed that would have been if he was playing in place of the player that made the critical mistake in a given game, which seems unlikely given the spread of errors in different positions, and that he would likely have been playing with Barry anyway.

I just hope we get what everyone seems to want, Besic and McCarthy starting together in the DM slots. We've missed his industry certainly, and with Mo growing in confidence, having the covering ability of James coming in to support him might be perfectly timed.

January 31, 2015, 08:54:56 PM
Reply #5

bertcocaine

1500k english sopcast stream:

sop://108.61.180.134:47893/172
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:55:12 PM by bertcocaine »