July 17, 2018, 01:47:06 AM

Author Topic: Deadline Day January 2015  (Read 40413 times)

February 03, 2015, 03:51:21 AM
Reply #15

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Think we needed a wide link player much more than a winger. Anyway, hopefully i'm completely wrong and he's a storming success.

I think long term we absolutely do but as Martinez said when referring to Pienaar these sorts of players are hard to come by.

February 03, 2015, 03:59:05 AM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
@fizzer18 on failed #DeadlineDay move from #EFC to #THFC "Probably the best thing that ever happened to me"

February 03, 2015, 04:01:38 AM
Reply #17

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I just really hate these one dimensional over hyped shite England players with no technical abilities or skill. They sum up English football at its worst - tearing around at 100 mph and swinging in cross after cross. I like to watch technique and skill and was hoping we would really move in that direction strongly under Martinez.

He's signed on loan until the end of the season mate because we are in the shit, we aren't building the team round him or anything.

February 03, 2015, 04:06:08 AM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough, a few on here don't rate him but as you say there's shouldn't be any down side to the deal, and hopefully he can shut a few of us up if things go well.

I don't think he's anything spectacular myself, just something different to what we have and God knows we need that.

February 03, 2015, 04:08:09 AM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I appreciate that. I will support him of course. I still like McGeady and I don't think there are many of us about. It's just a bit underwhelming that's all. And I'm a bit confused over the Atsu situation too (I hoped to see more of him). And with the fact Lennon can't play in the UEFA.

I would imagine at least one of them will be expected to play on the left. Four wingers for two positions is decent and hopefully they will all get game.