October 17, 2019, 10:54:27 PM

Author Topic: Deadline Day January 2015  (Read 53626 times)

February 01, 2015, 10:55:25 PM
Read 53626 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Deadline day is a proper guilty pleasure of mine, bloody love it.

Oh, and Natalie Sawyer wearing yellow.

I'd rather she was wearing nothing. :)

I reckon Sky will be shitting it a bit, they've pushed Deadline Day for weeks now yet there seems to very few transfer rumours going around and seems unlikely that there's going to any big deals done. The odd loan here and there and a few lower league journeymen moving around seem to be the highlight of the day.

February 02, 2015, 05:39:13 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
As much as I love Cahill he wasn't good enough for us in his last year...things certainly won't have changed even if he's just an impact sub.

Absolutely. I'd rather we brought no one in than Cahill. He'd be in danger of undoing all the good he did in the past if he came back and tried the Premier League again, not just if it was with us but at any club, people remember the player he was five years ago and not the one who fell off the edge the year before he left. Plus he's still got a three game ban hanging over his head hasn't he? He can come in and work for nothing behind the scenes of he wants to keep himself fit but I can't see the point in paying him a wage.

February 03, 2015, 02:37:22 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
It's on...

The fairlytale would fast turn into a horror show.

February 03, 2015, 02:40:41 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Surely, he's not expecting to be first choice so I don't see why.

He'd probably be a much needed morale boost too after events this season.

I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near first choice, or second, or third........................ ..

February 03, 2015, 02:44:34 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Unless he buried one against the shite in his first game back.....

Romantic as it would be he'd have a three game suspension to serve if he returns to the Premier League.

Hang on, are we really debating bringing Tim Cahill back? I'm off to sit with @Ross David Ginola and Gazza with a chicken kebab and a fishing rod.

February 03, 2015, 03:10:45 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
I go on TEF, thats just one of the mods saying he has heard we are after a defender from scotland

Shit, where's Gary Caldwell playing these days? ;)

February 03, 2015, 03:20:11 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator

February 03, 2015, 03:23:32 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
All the evidence is stacked against you on this one.

Lets not do this again, it's so last transfer window.

February 03, 2015, 04:25:07 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
Course they do, but we'd get fuck all cos they're brassic. Sell him to a shit Prem club who pay over the odds like Hull or Sunderland.

Celtic could easily afford McGeady, certainly around 5m which is probably about all he's worth, they're minted and rarely spend any money.

February 03, 2015, 04:31:48 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
Are they? Fair enough. Just seen them dong pilfering little deals here and there, and assumed they were financially knackered. Fair do's.

They're comfortably off and run a tight ship, probably due to some wealthy shareholders looking after a nice little earner off Champions League income etc, they've probably still got money left from the last time they got to the last 16. There's always been a joke about Celtic using a Biscuit Tin to do their transfers because they've got a reputation for being a bit tight with money.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:33:10 AM by Gash »

February 03, 2015, 04:44:58 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Given the chinese window closes later this month, I suspect this has something to do with us.
Could be that he's trying to get a move though and he'll know by 10:30am(11:30pm UK time).
Most likely going to China though I reckon...

https://twitter.com/Tim_Cahill/status/562378558857678849

That's hairs on his arse not jets, there's not a chance of him getting to Finch Farm in time. :)

February 03, 2015, 04:46:57 AM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
He's on a free so can sign after the window.

You can't rest easy just yet gash ;)

Bugger.