3 (6.8%)
McCarthy (Sub)
1 (2.3%)
Mirallas (Sub)
0 (0%)
Gibson (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 21809 times)

February 09, 2015, 06:48:37 PM
Reply #15

Paddockoldie

:snigger:
Just realised the error. I work with a lad called Barrie, not as he says Barry!! Force of habit as at work... I'd still drop him for Gibbon

February 09, 2015, 06:59:25 PM
Reply #16

Juanito

Robles
Coleman         Stones               Jags          Baines

Besic        McCarthy       Barkley

Lennon              Kone                   Mirallas

Or at least the team for Leicester. Barry and Lukaku are in on reputation at the moment I think.

February 09, 2015, 07:36:55 PM
Reply #17

Trowel

Just realised the error. I work with a lad called Barrie, not as he says Barry!! Force of habit as at work...
I'd pick Barrie ahead of Barry.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 09, 2015, 09:32:35 PM
Reply #18

fez91

I don't think he will change much from the side that drew on Saturday.

I would go with:

Joel
Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines
        McCarthy Barry Besic
Lennon                          Mirallas
                 Lukaku

Barry is still one yellow away from a 2 game ban so I think Martinez will use him until he eventually gets suspended.

February 09, 2015, 09:35:03 PM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Have no issue with the same side starting as long as he uses his subs a little more effectively. His argument for not using them in the derby was relatively sound.

February 09, 2015, 10:25:13 PM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd pick Barrie ahead of Barry.

Me too. Barrie would never get old like Barry.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 10, 2015, 12:17:08 AM
Reply #21

Rhys

I wouldn't be surprised if the team is the same but Lennon in for mirallas. Last season he often used mirallas off the bench and deulo starting away from home I think he likes that pacey direct player for a counter whereas a mirallas type player at home when things are tighter and that bit more craft is needed.

February 10, 2015, 02:12:13 AM
Reply #22

velimski

going to this one aren't I
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:12:29 AM by velimski »

February 10, 2015, 03:23:16 AM
Reply #23

Shogun

Administrator
With the exception of Courtois, Terry, Matic, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Caudrado and Remy, I don't think any of their starting XI for this match would get in our XI.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 10, 2015, 03:29:50 AM
Reply #24

TSGun

Don't think we have as much to fear against these as we would with Costa and a fully fit Fabregas.

The defence looked great in the derby and suddenly we have 3 clean sheets in a row.

I think we could win this one if we manage to create a bit more than we did against the shite, which I think we will with the psychological factor against them being gone.

I couldn't agree more, as tough as it will be it's not beyond us. The 'nothing to fear' factor is really important now and as long we keep building on our last game, and keep pushing ourselves for improvement you never know what might happen.

February 10, 2015, 03:57:23 AM
Reply #25

Evertonian in NC

Playing with house money, on the road at far and away the best team in the League this season.  Should play loose and relaxed, at least.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 10, 2015, 04:48:12 AM
Reply #26

BrotherEstapol

Could we try 442?

Robles
Coleman - Stones - Jags - Oviedo
Lennon - Besic - McCarthy - Mirallas
              Lukaku - Kone

I'd be quite interested in seeing Lukaku and Kone work together.

February 10, 2015, 11:07:38 AM
Reply #27

cantoffee

Playing the best team in the prem away from home, a point would be a very good result.

February 10, 2015, 02:47:55 PM
Reply #28

montanatoffeefan

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/2291235/chelsea-expect-to-have-cesc-fabregas-back-against-everton-on-wednesday

Chelsea expect to have Cesc Fabregas back against Everton on Wednesday

Jose Mourinho expects to have Cesc Fabregas back for Chelsea's clash with Everton at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

"I think he [Fabregas] plays Wednesday because on Saturday it was a decision to protect him," his manager told the team's website Monday.

"We didn't want to risk two players at the same time. We risked with Willian and to start two players with a risk is a big gamble and we gambled with only one."

The midfield maestro was left out of Chelsea's 2-1 victory over Aston Villa on Saturday because of a nagging hamstring injury. It was his second straight game out of the lineup, as he also missed Chelsea's 1-1 draw with Manchester City on Jan. 31.

Fabregas has been in sensational form this season. His 15 assists lead the Premier League, seven more than his closest competition.
Everton forever.

February 10, 2015, 03:16:00 PM
Reply #29

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts