42 (71.2%)
Garbutt (Sub)
0 (0%)
Alcaraz (Sub)
0 (0%)
Atsu (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Young Boys v Everton  (Read 34469 times)

February 14, 2015, 11:36:05 PM
Reply #30

bluestevie

not arsed with this game, the leicester game is huge

-------------------Robles--------------------

Coleman-----Jagielka------Alcaraz------Garbutt

--------------Barry-------Gibson--------------

Atsu---------------Barkley-------------McGeady

--------------------Kone---------------------

Fuck that line up, play our best 11, kill the tie early then chop and change
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 15, 2015, 12:10:47 AM
Reply #31

School of Science

Fuck that line up, play our best 11, kill the tie early then chop and change

Quite agree cannot for the life of me understand the thought process of playing a weakened team, in the one competition we still have a chance of winning. I am not a glory hound like, but its been 20 fkin years since we last won a trophy, which in my eyes is a disgrace for a club of Evertons history. Go all out to win it, you don't just win the trophy, you qualify for the Champions League.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 15, 2015, 12:33:37 AM
Reply #32

bacon sarnie

Quite agree cannot for the life of me understand the thought process of playing a weakened team, in the one competition we still have a chance of winning. I am not a glory hound like, but its been 20 fkin years since we last won a trophy, which in my eyes is a disgrace for a club of Evertons history. Go all out to win it, you don't just win the trophy, you qualify for the Champions League.

Agreed but I think he must start Kone in this one.

February 15, 2015, 12:37:59 AM
Reply #33

WeimaranerBlues

Nice to see us on ITV 4 and the RS on ITV 1 (8pm)  lets see if we get coverage on ITV1 in a fortnight......

February 15, 2015, 01:32:53 AM
Reply #34

Shogun

Administrator

I think he was fishing.

You'd have to be a mentalist not to think our season is all about the Europa League now.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 15, 2015, 01:43:54 AM
Reply #35

School of Science

I think he was fishing.

You'd have to be a mentalist not to think our season is all about the Europa League now.

I would hope so .
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 15, 2015, 02:02:45 AM
Reply #36

TheTone

young boys 2 nil up at half time to grasshopper zurich at the mo

February 15, 2015, 02:38:15 AM
Reply #37

blob

February 15, 2015, 11:10:27 AM
Reply #38

bluenuck

I'd actually like to see Naismith start at Centre forward. Wouldn't mind Kone either.

Barry has to start. That's a guarantee.  I'd actually think Barry and Besic play this one. Leave McCarthy out and let him just play the full 90 on Sunday. Don't mess his hammy up again.

February 15, 2015, 05:35:41 PM
Reply #39

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nice to see us on ITV 4 and the RS on ITV 1 (8pm)  lets see if we get coverage on ITV1 in a fortnight......

Does it make a difference?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 15, 2015, 05:45:32 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

People genuinely suggesting we rest people for this game? Fucking weird in here lately.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 15, 2015, 06:39:48 PM
Reply #41

toffee_scot

Given the below par performances of some of the Everton players this season, it is difficult to tell exactly what a 'weakened team is'. I'm not suggesting playing the kids like Dowell and Ledson but we could give the likes of Atsu and McGeady a good run out - one of them was recently voted AFCON Player of the Tournament while the other has a wealth of experience playing in the Champions League for Celtic and even helping them reach the last 16 of the tournament on at least one occasion (given how relatively poor Celtic are compared to other clubs) so those 2 players should be competent enough to help us do well. Who knows, if they perform very well - especially Atsu - then they help us win games in the Premier League as well.

People genuinely suggesting we rest people for this game? Fucking weird in here lately.

A few days after this game we will be playing Leicester at home and given that we still haven't even reached even the 30pt mark then this game is a must win if we want to salvage as much as we possibly can from this already very disappointing season.

I would rather not have McCarthy, Mirallas and Baines starting the game vs. Young Boys if they are not fully fit. In fact I'm pretty sure that if McCarthy was to suffer an injury setback during the Young Boys game then the fanbase would condemn vehemently Martinez for playing him in this fixture and not saving him for Sunday. We should have enough in depth quality to beat the Young Boys.

February 15, 2015, 06:47:37 PM
Reply #42

Bluedylan

A few days after this game we will be playing Leicester at home and given that we still haven't even reached even the 30pt mark then this game is a must win if we want to salvage as much as we possibly can from this already very disappointing season.

I would rather not have McCarthy, Mirallas and Baines starting the game vs. Young Boys if they are not fully fit. In fact I'm pretty sure that if McCarthy was to suffer an injury setback during the Young Boys game then the fanbase would condemn vehemently Martinez for playing him in this fixture and not saving him for Sunday. We should have enough in depth quality to beat the Young Boys.

Obviously not suggesting playing injured players, but we've had a week off before the game, and yes Leicester is important but we will beat Leicester if we play as we have been playing. We're not going to get relegated or even be close to it, and we're not going to progress massively up the table either.

If we take Young Boys lightly in any way, and conspire to go out, the fume levels will go through the roof (rightly so).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 15, 2015, 07:44:11 PM
Reply #43

Shogun

Administrator
This match can't come soon enough.

Highlights of their last match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMxv1KOB4gw
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 15, 2015, 07:53:01 PM
Reply #44

blob

This match can't come soon enough.

Highlights of their last match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMxv1KOB4gw

wonder if they taped the crowd noise. stadium is nigh on empty...