42 (71.2%)
Garbutt (Sub)
0 (0%)
Alcaraz (Sub)
0 (0%)
Atsu (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Young Boys v Everton  (Read 34505 times)

February 17, 2015, 12:08:17 AM
Reply #60

Bluedylan

Better at holding the ball up, so makes sense.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 17, 2015, 12:10:34 AM
Reply #61

Ross

People are right to be confident we're capable of so much more and the European games have seen us play our best football this season.

The fact we've tigtened up as well and can look to keep them out away from home is good news as is playing the second leg at home if we need the additional passion if things don't work out right on Thursday.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 17, 2015, 12:27:32 AM
Reply #62

Shogun

Administrator
I was worried Kone had another set back after how little he's played since starting against Newcastle and Hull so it'll be good to see him starting a match.

He started Eto'o up front away to Lille and Krasnodar so it makes sense.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:28:05 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 17, 2015, 03:23:01 AM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The usual really, eager to take his chance etc. Would make sense to start him and giving Lukaku a break isn't a bad idea with as you say, him remaining an option from the bench

said the same before the derby like.

i'd start him with two wingers. Go 'ed the Konedog.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 17, 2015, 06:49:06 AM
Reply #64

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Love a bit of Kone me.

Think we'd play better as a team with him up top. He knows how to lead the line much more than lukaku does.

February 17, 2015, 06:52:22 AM
Reply #65

Shogun

Administrator
Love a bit of Kone me.

Think we'd play better as a team with him up top. He knows how to lead the line much more than lukaku does.

It'll be interesting to see how he does in a decent team. Injuries to the team sort of ruined the Newcastle and Hull matches he played in but it was great to see a striker able to keep hold of the ball. He probably kept hold of it too long at times.

February 17, 2015, 08:12:46 AM
Reply #66

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I think Kone will be really great for us. Wish he played a bit more.
I have to return some videotapes.

February 17, 2015, 06:20:47 PM
Reply #67

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Big game in our season this. Just got to hope we take our European form into it rather than our league form.

We're out of the League Cup, FA Cup and marooned in 12th place, a horrible defeat here would pile even more pressure on us.

I'd like to see Garbutt get a game here, along with Kone up top. We need to be looking to beat Leicester comfortably on Sunday. Does anyone else get the feeling that if we tonked someone 4-0 we might just spark into life?

February 17, 2015, 07:01:48 PM
Reply #68

Toddacelli

Big game in our season this. Just got to hope we take our European form into it rather than our league form.

We're out of the League Cup, FA Cup and marooned in 12th place, a horrible defeat here would pile even more pressure on us.

I'd like to see Garbutt get a game here, along with Kone up top. We need to be looking to beat Leicester comfortably on Sunday. Does anyone else get the feeling that if we tonked someone 4-0 we might just spark into life?

I do.

It feels like the players are waiting for something to happen, almost waiting for someone to grab a game by the throat.

Besic has the heart but it really needs to be someone farther forward who can take the game to them. Kone? Barkley? Dare I say McGeedy? (we're certainly due one off him, even if performances so far have been unispiring)

Garbutt is a trickier one. I definitely think he needs more game time and want to see him pushing his way into the first team this season but Young Boys look very attack-minded at home and he could have a lot of pressure on him. If he does play in this one and he plays well - that would be a fantastic boost to him personally, and the team as well.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 17, 2015, 07:18:09 PM
Reply #69

Django

NSNO Subscriber
I do.

It feels like the players are waiting for something to happen, almost waiting for someone to grab a game by the throat.

Besic has the heart but it really needs to be someone farther forward who can take the game to them. Kone? Barkley? Dare I say McGeedy? (we're certainly due one off him, even if performances so far have been unispiring)

Garbutt is a trickier one. I definitely think he needs more game time and want to see him pushing his way into the first team this season but Young Boys look very attack-minded at home and he could have a lot of pressure on him. If he does play in this one and he plays well - that would be a fantastic boost to him personally, and the team as well.

Definitely agree with you there mate, we need a number 10 desperately. Unfortunately this season we all thought we had one in Barkley, but with his injury the day before the opening weekend and a lack of form, he's shown why Moyes would never trust him. He's still got some way to go IMO before he's ready to take on that role full time.

We're lacking someone to 'make us tick', we've got no one who can put their foot on the ball and pick a pass. It all seems very laboured.

Agree with you on Garbutt, although I'd be tempted to play him, he coped okay against Wolfsburg away didn't he! We need to get some confidence pumped into the team. Although I struggle to see where that's coming from.

February 17, 2015, 07:28:27 PM
Reply #70

Toddacelli

Definitely agree with you there mate, we need a number 10 desperately. Unfortunately this season we all thought we had one in Barkley, but with his injury the day before the opening weekend and a lack of form, he's shown why Moyes would never trust him. He's still got some way to go IMO before he's ready to take on that role full time.

We're lacking someone to 'make us tick', we've got no one who can put their foot on the ball and pick a pass. It all seems very laboured.

Agree with you on Garbutt, although I'd be tempted to play him, he coped okay against Wolfsburg away didn't he! We need to get some confidence pumped into the team. Although I struggle to see where that's coming from.

We all want Barkley to be that guy but I think he's feeling the pressure.

He's not as direct as he was when he first came into the team and felt ten feet tall. His first thought then was attack - now he seems more scared of losing possession than of trying to create.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 17, 2015, 08:14:01 PM
Reply #71

TheTone

we're just not opening other teams up to consider tonking them for 3 or 4, i'd say something if we were creating loads of chances and not finishing them off, Leicester is gonna be a very difficult game, I expect them to play 5 at the back like they did against villa, horrible to play against

anyways, its young boys next, this game will probably suit is more as they will attack, need to be solid and perhaps nick one on the break, no mugs these

February 17, 2015, 08:24:42 PM
Reply #72

Shogun

Administrator
Well this is the next transition.

We've made ourselves difficult to beat again and improved our defensive strength which was fine against Liverpool and Chelsea as they're tough matches. Now, we face sides who we expect to beat and we'll see if Martinez can strike a balance between attack and defence.

February 17, 2015, 11:21:07 PM
Reply #73

benny

NSNO Subscriber

i`d just settle to win any game 1-0 from now till the end of the season

February 18, 2015, 12:09:22 AM
Reply #74

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well Kone won't be playing then.