0 (0%)
Lennon (Sub)
1 (2.3%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Gibson (Sub)
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 37231 times)

March 02, 2015, 12:53:13 AM
Reply #570

Juanito

We could say, it was Arsenal away but Martinez has shown that he has no idea to combat 'lesser' sides coming to Goodison and shutting up shop. As 3 home wins all season tells us. The likes of Burnley and Sunderland at home should be bankers but, he will probably play two defensive midfielders and spend most of the game playing slow side ways passing. He talks about going 'toe to toe' with Arsenal but that was abject. There didn't seem to be any desire or determination to win and when we did make attacking changes, we were so open and cut up so easily it could have been 4 or 5.

I noticed McCarthy having a go at Lukaku when he failed to show for a ball and Lukaku's general play in the game was not enough for a team on the back foot. He didn't show enough desire. Barkley seemed to play like he was stoned. Both seem demotivated today.

March 02, 2015, 12:55:38 AM
Reply #571

Yobo2008

I think yobo2008 could do as well(or badly) as Martinez has this year.

March 02, 2015, 01:00:47 AM
Reply #572

marky v

Even though there was no threat we started the game well, lots of desire to win the ball it's just balancing out being solid and being able to attack, it's time to play Lennon on the Right and Mirallas on the left with Naismith and Lukaku upfront, I think we've ruined this entire season (outside of Europa League) by asking too much of players tactically, we look confused at times, I'd like to see us a bit more basic in league games just to match sides a bit more

March 02, 2015, 01:11:37 AM
Reply #573

Shogun

Administrator

I think yobo2008 could do as well(or badly) as Martinez has this year.

Did you really just type about yourself in the third person?

Really?
I never claimed to be a saint

March 02, 2015, 01:15:13 AM
Reply #574

Juanito

Even though there was no threat we started the game well, lots of desire to win the ball it's just balancing out being solid and being able to attack, it's time to play Lennon on the Right and Mirallas on the left with Naismith and Lukaku upfront, I think we've ruined this entire season (outside of Europa League) by asking too much of players tactically, we look confused at times, I'd like to see us a bit more basic in league games just to match sides a bit more

Spot on

March 02, 2015, 01:48:10 AM
Reply #575

D3blue

We have lots of talent in our squad but the setup and tactics are a mess....and that's down to the manager.
I'm not distracted by our Europa success, which is great for us, but it doesn't compensate for our disastrous league performances.

March 02, 2015, 01:54:47 AM
Reply #576

benny

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldnt give him anymore time or trust him with our transfer budget in the summer-hes not proved hes able to spend wisely....

it hurts me to say this but i think i agree with you  :blush:

March 02, 2015, 02:18:58 AM
Reply #577

bluestevie

Did you really just type about yourself in the third person?

Really?

Looks like it Shogs, love to see him try it though.

As for the game, as with most this season, I can't judge as I didn't see it but sadly I think the end may be coming for Roberto if the league form doesn't kick on. I don't want it to happen but that's the way football is these days, the bigger the TV deals get, the higher the level of expectation gets for teams like us, if there's failure then change is needed
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 02, 2015, 02:37:31 AM
Reply #578

Cozzie

Looks like it Shogs, love to see him try it though.

As for the game, as with most this season, I can't judge as I didn't see it but sadly I think the end may be coming for Roberto if the league form doesn't kick on. I don't want it to happen but that's the way football is these days, the bigger the TV deals get, the higher the level of expectation gets for teams like us, if there's failure then change is needed

I wouldn't be against Martinez going, a whole season of the same dull tactics has caused me to lose faith, but it is destroying my brain trying to think of ANYONE suitable to come in, at least off the top of my head and that in a sense, worries me more.

March 02, 2015, 02:43:40 AM
Reply #579

ally2

That's the thing. There are a lot of shit managers out there. Hence why the likes of Steve Bruce and Neil Warnock keep getting recycled.

March 02, 2015, 02:50:30 AM
Reply #580

Shogun

Administrator
See where we're at by the end of the season concerning a managerial change. We are very unlikely to get relegated and there is no manager we could get in now with a better chance of winning the Europa League than Martinez.
I never claimed to be a saint

March 02, 2015, 02:56:20 AM
Reply #581

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
In terms of solid prem managers that get you a win, almost any would be a step down from moyes. He's the archetype for the kind of manager.

So we went with martinez, the idea being that we take another step up, start winning the big games, maybe get close to a cup, play with a philosophy and build the everton brand beyond plucky scrappers.

If we move on from martinez, I would worry that we would end up even further behind where we were, with nothing to show for it.

I want the martinez experiment to work, I am, admittedly worried and I don't know where the next win comes from (Stoke away?)

But I'm not THAT surprised to lose away to arsenal, and I really think shitting the bed now and getting martin o Neil or someone in will do us more harm than holding our nerve and scraping through.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 02, 2015, 03:07:31 AM
Reply #582

bluestevie

For the record, thesackrace.com has a list including the likes of Michael Laudrup, Laurent Blanc,  Ralf Rangnick, Thomas Tuchel, Frank Rijkaard and Jurgen Klopp as well as donkeys like Hughes, Poyet,  Lennon, O'Neill and Lambert
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 02, 2015, 03:40:10 AM
Reply #583

Tony Clifton

Simeone and his big sidekick Burgos would sort us - and PL refs - out.

March 02, 2015, 04:13:00 AM
Reply #584

everton1952

Arsenal are a far better team than us and have a few world class players. Nobody expected anything much from this game so why act as though we thought the result would be much different? The middle and lower table teams are the ones we needed to get results from, and that is where Roberto has fucked up big style and why he must carry the can for an awful season. Regardless of how the season ends he should be shown the door. What if we win the Europa? What if pigs could fly? The chances of Everton having that dilemma are too small to worry about. Thanks for last season and goodbye and good luck somewhere else Roberto. Everton must move on and repair the damage. If a few rats leave the ship, let them.