0 (0%)
Lennon (Sub)
1 (2.3%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Gibson (Sub)
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 41093 times)

March 01, 2015, 09:14:48 PM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
You'd like to think the pressure would lead to something...doesn't feel as though it will at the moment.

March 01, 2015, 09:18:24 PM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Have Kone and Lukaku played together yet?

March 01, 2015, 09:26:03 PM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We need to score a goal...why take Mirallas off? Poor choice for me.

We haven't played with Lennon and Mirallas together yet, nor have we played (as far as I can remember) Kone and Lukaku.

March 01, 2015, 09:37:18 PM
Reply #18

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
At what point do we take off one of Besic/McCarthy/Barry since we're chasing the game?

March 01, 2015, 09:39:56 PM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Ok...down to just the two DMs now.

March 01, 2015, 09:44:52 PM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Gibson on for Stones? Interesting.

March 01, 2015, 09:46:51 PM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Oh nevermind, Gibson for Barry.

March 01, 2015, 09:57:41 PM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Have to say, Martinez needs to shake things up here as this is yet another woeful performance.

We don't look balanced, we don't look like we're going to score. And worst of all it doesn't seem like he either knows how to address it.

It's insipid to watch too :(

March 01, 2015, 10:06:15 PM
Reply #23

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Just sad stuff. It's not good being devoid of confidence near a relegation battle. It's also not great feeling like it's less likely that we'll get ourselves out of trouble so much as hopefully 3 other teams will be slightly more sh*tty.

Martinez is extremely fortunate that we're in the Europa League as there would be some serious shouts for him to be axed otherwise. At the moment it is (somewhat amazingly) just grumbling by most.

March 01, 2015, 10:09:48 PM
Reply #24

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't that even worse though?

If we were playing shite and were beaten, you could say it's a much easier situation: cut out the silly mistakes, start playing to our strengths and we'll start to pick up points. But if we're playing okay and we still end up with fuck all on the table, how can you turn that around?

By not utilizing the same tactics? We're only playing okay in terms of we're keeping possession. By pretty much any other metric we're not great. I've never had such little confidence in us scoring a goal in the PL.

March 01, 2015, 10:17:32 PM
Reply #25

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The sad thing is if in some alternate universe Moyes managed us the rest of the season would anyone not be confident in an upturn in results? These players should be doing better.

I'm not advocating a Moyes return, just this seems squarely a problem rooted in Martinez's approach. The thing that trips me up though is that it wasn't his approach last season. We actually played with 2 wingers for one thing. We didn't bottleneck the center of midfield and slow things down to a snails pace.

As much as I don't like to praise Rodgers, you have to look at how he's changed tactics this season and it paid dividends. Martinez in comparison comes across as some sort of tika taka zealot who is too stubborn to change his ways.