0 (0%)
Lennon (Sub)
1 (2.3%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Gibson (Sub)
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 42772 times)

March 01, 2015, 10:11:12 PM
Reply #495

Yobo2008

Course I can see it, but I don't log on here especially to moan about anything and everything shit about Everton.  I come on here for other things, the likes of you use this as a vehicle to post shit.
But is it shit ir the truth. I havent posted much positive this season as quite simply there hasnt been much positive at all. I dont give a shit if that pisses you off if im honest.

March 01, 2015, 10:11:20 PM
Reply #496

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
By not utilizing the same tactics? We're only playing okay in terms of we're keeping possession. By pretty much any other metric we're not great. I've never had such little confidence in us scoring a goal in the PL.

Yeah, which is why it's so hard to change things. You can't just switch tactics mid-season and expect it to work. We've gambled everything on this style of play and we aren't winning with it.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 01, 2015, 10:11:30 PM
Reply #497

Ross

Doubts are creeping in now whether he's got the ability and character to turn this round.

Game after game we're looking ponderous and negative and we don't seem to have a plan on exposing the oppositions weaknesses or nullifying their strengths we just roll on to the next game like the last one didn't happen. Its one thing being calm under pressure and perservering with your beliefs but this looks like sticking your head in the sand at times.

Just as concerning is the players attitude, I wouldn't accuse them of not caring but they just don't seem scared of losing or worried about the consequences.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 01, 2015, 10:12:00 PM
Reply #498

Tinga

I didn't think we were that bad to be honest but it's probably because I expect us to get destroyed by Arsenal.

March 01, 2015, 10:12:07 PM
Reply #499

Alex6691

Peace and love guys.

March 01, 2015, 10:13:48 PM
Reply #500

Bluedylan

I didn't see or hear the game so I relied on the match day thread. I'm fairly sure we were crap by all accounts, but were the fuck did the nose measuring came from. Btw Arsene wins it by a nose

As people have said it's Arsenal away, so maybe on paper, you could say 'fuck it, tough game, it happens'. But they were abject themselves, and it's the cumulative effect of watching almost the same lacklustre performance from us every week, without any real sign that serous, fundamental changes are being made.

And we're a Top 6/7 team, and have been for ages. it's not remotely unreasonable to be dismayed by our performance this season with 28 points from 27 games, given the quality of our squad, and to ask questions on the manager because of it.

When do numerous individual errors stop becoming an easy excuse for a defeat and start to say something more significant about where the team and the manager is going wrong, for example.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:14:31 PM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 01, 2015, 10:14:02 PM
Reply #501

GoodisonPk

More arguing on here than posts about the team

March 01, 2015, 10:14:13 PM
Reply #502

Heisenberg

Martinez is fucking shit. Completely unable to adapt from his default mindset. He's been sussed since the start of the season and hasnt even tried to rectify it. The man needs to go at the end of the season.

March 01, 2015, 10:14:25 PM
Reply #503

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
This season the league is a write off, we will stay up purely because there are remarkably even worse teams than us in the league. We will get a few more wins and loads of draws (like Stoke in a few days). I just hope we can continue to smash it in Europe.

Hopefully a good pre season and we will be much improved next season. Today wasn't too bad really compared to how badly we've played in some games. Martinez for me has until half way through next season to show us good signs of progress
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 01, 2015, 10:14:44 PM
Reply #504

blueski

have to say I am bored with Martinez at the moment

apart from that though does Tim Howard not have any sense of superstition whatsoever

that shite beard has been a curse for us, have we even won a game with it on his face?
Nil Satis

March 01, 2015, 10:15:21 PM
Reply #505

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Just as concerning is the players attitude, I wouldn't accuse them of not caring but they just don't seem scared of losing or worried about the consequences.

I'm afraid that's the result of the positive attitude of Martinez. Being positive is great when things are going well, even when you hit a slight dip in form, but when you're dealing with a season-long poor run, it's no good telling players that it's all fine.

They will know it isn't fine of course but the mixed messages don't help at all.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 01, 2015, 10:15:49 PM
Reply #506

Tinga

Martinez is fucking shit. Completely unable to adapt from his default mindset. He's been sussed since the start of the season and hasnt even tried to rectify it. The man needs to go at the end of the season.

It should definitely be considered.

March 01, 2015, 10:16:02 PM
Reply #507

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Lost two nil to a side that didn't get out of first gear. Their keeper made a save ours none. What a really poor game that was. I'm worried now, we need points on the board asap but where are they coming from
Simply simply lovely

March 01, 2015, 10:16:04 PM
Reply #508

blob

Isn't that even worse though?

If we were playing shite and were beaten, you could say it's a much easier situation: cut out the silly mistakes, start playing to our strengths and we'll start to pick up points. But if we're playing okay and we still end up with fuck all on the table, how can you turn that around?

not really. it's one thing expecting to harvest points from clubs outside the top 6 or 8 with a 'reasonable' display... but a reasonable display against the likes of arsenal gets us exactly what we have; nothing.

March 01, 2015, 10:17:21 PM
Reply #509

GoodisonPk

Need an attacking creative midfielder in the summer urgently