November 21, 2017, 08:53:49 AM

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 27720 times)

March 03, 2015, 08:47:55 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/241335/stoke-city-everton

Edit: it's mad how many opposition fans think Jagielka is slow.

stoke fans man

"Everton are a dirty team and I think we will do well to avoid getting sucked into a scrappy type game.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/241335/stoke-city-everton#ixzz3TKlw1gci"
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 03, 2015, 08:48:41 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Still makes me laugh when they did that 'we sign who want' chant on sky sports news, straight after they had announced the Charlie Adam signing

Also when they were going to sign Baines off us!
The Baines story was one of the best ever

Simply simply lovely

March 03, 2015, 09:30:46 PM
Reply #32

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
stoke fans man

"Everton are a dirty team and I think we will do well to avoid getting sucked into a scrappy type game.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/241335/stoke-city-everton#ixzz3TKlw1gci"

Ooh I do hope we don't allow them to play the silky stylish football they are renowned for!

Aka Glenn Whelan and Charlie Adam try and break opposition players legs while they bombard the opposition with pumped up balls into the box via corners, free kicks and throw ins aimed at the head of Crouch
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 03, 2015, 10:38:17 PM
Reply #33

kramer0

Ooh I do hope we don't allow them to play the silky stylish football they are renowned for!

Aka Glenn Whelan and Charlie Adam try and break opposition players legs while they bombard the opposition with pumped up balls into the box via corners, free kicks and throw ins aimed at the head of Crouch

Hughes has (slightly) improved their style of play in attack and you can't begrudge them set plays. Set plays give teams with fewer resources an edge; Atletico Madrid score a ton of set piece goals (around 1 per game), allowing them to compete at the top with the financial powerhouses of world football, and many statistically minded clubs are adopting similar strategies. We create seem to a create a few extra chances when Garbutt is on the pitch, largely due to the quality of his set piece delivery.

Defending is another story. Whelan and Adam love committing themselves to awful challenges. Worst of all, they can get away with it against us; our opponents are rarely punished for that sort of behavior. Everton players rack up their fair share of fouls, but how many truly nasty tackles do they commit to? I bet all of the ones you can name are from Mirallas (with a few naughty challenges from Naismith sprinkled in). Mo and McCarthy love a tackle, but they always have eyes for the ball.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:39:55 PM by kramer0 »

March 03, 2015, 10:57:54 PM
Reply #34

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
A few things I learned from that Stoke thread:

- we're not the only team to have fans who use annoyingly shit nicknames for players
- they're not good at defending crosses, which we probably won't take advantage of
- Mark Hughes is a cunt

We can beat Stoke, I'm confident of it and I love a midweek game under the lights.

I don't think Martinez will make too many changes, however I'd be tempted to bring in Gibson for Besic and Lennon for Barkley. I'd have Lennon and Mirallas playing behind Lukaku and I'd give them the brief to get wide and stretch Stoke with pace.

My line-up would be:

T-How
Mustard - Stonesy - Jags - Butthead
Bazza - Gibbo - Ginger Ninja
Smiler - Snatcher
Lulzkaku

March 03, 2015, 11:01:33 PM
Reply #35

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Bally is gonna go sick

Simply simply lovely

March 03, 2015, 11:03:01 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/241335/stoke-city-everton

Edit: it's mad how many opposition fans think Jagielka is slow.

Is it?

There are plenty of our fans who think he's slow.

March 03, 2015, 11:07:43 PM
Reply #37

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Can we do it on a wet Wednesday night at Stoke? Probably not. Can't do most things lately.

If I was picking the team I'd go with:
                              Robles
Coleman      Stones         Jags         Baines

McCarthy      Besic

Gibson
Lennon                                                Mirallas
                              Lukaku

I know there's been a few shouts for a shake up in the team, but we don't want to compromise the quality just to make changes.

I don't really think Kone is going to bring anything more than Lukaku does - he holds it up better but he can't finish. Garbutt has looked promising but Baines is still streets ahead of him.

Robles should be our number 1 now, how he got dropped for that clown in the first place is beyond me, but I'm even more bemused by how he's kept his place after more dodgy goalkeeping against Leicester and YBs.

Not looking forward to this one, so nothing new there. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to a game. Probably Arsenal at home in August.

No doubt we'll show some character but lose by the finest margin of the 6"7 Peter Crouch benefiting from Tim Howard parry.

March 03, 2015, 11:16:30 PM
Reply #38

Django

NSNO Subscriber
They're also yet to do the double over anyone this season. Ominous.

March 04, 2015, 12:25:17 AM
Reply #39

Rhys

They're also yet to do the double over anyone this season. Ominous.

Have we done the double over any..scrap that....

March 04, 2015, 01:12:50 AM
Reply #40

ally2

Funnily enough, We've committed the least fouls in the premier league this season.

Can we still get Europa via fair play or did that all stop?

March 04, 2015, 01:13:59 AM
Reply #41

Shogun

Administrator

I think that was just in place to ensure Liverpool get into Europe.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 04, 2015, 01:21:14 AM
Reply #42

bacon sarnie

A win will do for those who suffered the 1-0 loss at home in the pouring rain a couple of years ago.

3000+ miles for that. Twats!

March 04, 2015, 02:02:07 AM
Reply #43

Outworlder47

We could, as England were 3rd in the Fair Play rankings at the turn of the year. But we're sitting 8th in the Fair Play table. West Ham lead the pack there; our biggest reduction comes in the "Positive Play" category.

March 04, 2015, 03:18:56 AM
Reply #44

Juanito

He isnt in there to pick a pass tho, he gets around and plays it simple to the likes of Gibson, Mirallas etc

Cant see this happening. We need to go for this and attack. Stoke I think will go fpr this and gives us a chance.  Gibson's forward passes are more effective in a more advanced position or at least as an '8' not a '6'.  If McCarthy is in an advanced position and gets the ball we will probably be wanting more. If Gibson is the last man with a quick player running at him we will probably want more.