November 23, 2017, 10:39:51 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Dynamo Kyiv  (Read 21071 times)

March 11, 2015, 04:30:07 AM
Read 21071 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Dynamo Kyiv
Goodison Park
Thursday 12th March 20:05
Europa League Last 16 Leg 1

Everton - Last Five Matches

Young Boys 1-4 Everton - Europa League (Lukaku x3, Coleman)
Everton 2-2 Leicester (Naismith, O.G)
Everton 3-1 Young Boys - Europa League (Lukaku x 2, Mirallas)
Arsenal 2-0 Everton
Stoke 2-0 Everton

Dynamo Kyiv - Last Five Matches

Guingamp 2-1 Dynamo Kyiv - Europa League (Veloso)
Dynamo Kyiv 3-1 Guingamp - Europa League (Teodorczyk, Buyalsky, Husev Pen )
Dynamo Kyiv 3-0 Metalist Kharkiv (Belhanda, Buyalsky, Chumak)
Zorya Lugansk 1-2 Dynamo Kyiv - Ukraine Cup (Husev Pen, Kravets)
Olympik Donetsk 0-1 Dynamo Kyiv (Burda)

Everton

Back to back Premier League defeats for Everton can be put to one side as the Toffees return to their haven of the Europa League on Thursday night looking to progress to their first ever UEFA Cup quarter final in their last 16 tie against Dynamo Kyiv. Everton's only previous last 16 appearance ended in penalty shootout heartache against Fiorentina following a 2-0 win at Goodison Park in the second leg. Everton's 7-2 aggregate win over Young Boys in the round of 32 was the highest margin of victory and the most goals scored by a team at that stage of this season's tournament.

Romelu Lukaku has 6 goals in the Europa League which leaves him joint second in the top scorer charts behind Red Bull Salzburg's Brazilian striker Alan, who has 8 goals. The Belgian is the only player with 6 or more goals remaining in the competition whilst only three players have scored 5 goals. Only two players have been offside more often than Lukaku (11) in the tournament and they are Legia Warsaw's Mikhal Kucharczyk who leads the way with 19 followed by Fiorentina's Mario Gomez with 13. No player has had more shots on target than Lukaku (15) this season with Dynamo Kyiv's suspended winger Andriy Yarmolenko also making the top five with 13 shots on target.

Possible Line ups

Dynamo Kyiv

Dynamo Kyiv sit top of the Ukrainian League after coming back from a five month domestic league break with back to back victories whilst also winning a cup match. Their opening leg of the last round resulted in star player Andriy Yarmolenko and Younes Belhanda seeing red against Guingamp which means neither will feature in the home or away leg during the round of 16. Injuries to Miguel Veloso and Jeremain Lens mean that Dynamo Kyiv are likely to be heavily hindered as they visit the blues on Thursday. The Ukrainians are unbeaten in their domestic league having won 13 of their 16 matches whilst they've also won all four fixtures in domestic cup competition. Yarmolenko has 10 goals and 9 assists in 16 league matches this season whilst Jeremain Lens has 5 goals and 5 assists in 13 league matches.

Dynamo Kyiv manager and former Tottenham reject Serhiy Rebrov has only seen his side taste defeat in the Europa League this season with Danish side Aalborg grabbing a comprehensive win and Guingamp coming back from 1-0 down against the Kyiv side who were down to 9 men in that match. Their best result in the UEFA Cup/Europa League came in 2008/09 as they lost to fellow Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk in the semi finals whilst their last meeting against English opposition came in the 2011/12 Europa League with 1-1 draws in both matches in the group stage against Stoke City.

Statistics & Injuries

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 11, 2015, 04:44:02 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Be a lot tougher than people think this one.

Think they'll knock us out tbh

March 11, 2015, 04:44:47 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Be a lot tougher than people think this one.

Think they'll knock us out tbh

I think they're missing too many players to stand a chance.

March 11, 2015, 04:45:05 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Was reading today that yarmalenko is available... Hope your right shoggy, he is a handy player

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2015, 04:45:38 AM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Also, seriously, has atsu got ebola?

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2015, 04:46:44 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Was reading today that yarmalenko is available... Hope your right shoggy, he is a handy player

Did he appeal or something?

March 11, 2015, 04:51:14 AM
Reply #6

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Looking at that team Shogs we look so shit hahaha
I have to return some videotapes.

March 11, 2015, 04:53:46 AM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Looking at that team Shogs we look so shit hahaha
That teams one player from the team that finished fifth last year :)

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2015, 04:57:26 AM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Where mcgeady like?

Has anyone really noticed he's missing?

March 11, 2015, 05:01:03 AM
Reply #9

blob

few top players missing for kiev, but they're in terrific form. we'll have our work cut out to win this tie...but here's hoping anyway.

March 11, 2015, 05:33:57 AM
Reply #10

Juanito

Also, seriously, has atsu got ebola?

Do you have learning difficulties,  seriously? 

March 11, 2015, 05:37:00 AM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Do you have learning difficulties,  seriously?
Seriously?

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2015, 05:43:00 AM
Reply #12

macko

Where mcgeady like?

Has anyone reall

y noticed he's missing?
No
We shall not be moved!

March 11, 2015, 05:43:46 AM
Reply #13

Juanito

Seriously?

Saying Atsu has ebola?  Because he is African?  I am wondering why you made this comment.

March 11, 2015, 05:48:05 AM
Reply #14

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yarmalenko is available

Simply simply lovely