November 22, 2017, 01:32:37 AM

Author Topic: Dynamo Kyiv v Everton  (Read 26535 times)

March 19, 2015, 12:12:49 AM
Reply #60

bacon sarnie

I think people want to hear something like

Everton contract rebel Kevin Mirallas has sensationally gone awol from Everton's training ground after a huge bust up with blue boss Roberto Martinez. The Belgian confronted the Catalan manager by jumping at him from a finch farm window and demanded that the team change their tiki taka style in favour of quick direct forward passing and bombarding the ball in and around Mirallas and his fellow want away international team mate Romelu Lukaku.

Martinez is said to have refused to listen to Mirallas as he had approached him from a height instead of at ground level, thus going against Martinez' philosophy of keeping it on the ground.

The Belgian is no stranger to controversy,having snatched the ball of regular penalty taker Leighton Baines against West Brom before missing from 12 yards. He then refused to emerge for the second half, as his team mates refused to call him King Kev, instead Mirallas immediately left Goodison and took a shit on the Dixie Dean statue on his way out

Ha ha! Does he still have the gold car?

March 19, 2015, 02:22:41 AM
Reply #61

Paddockoldie

Someone's hormonal today i see.. :whistle: :whistle:

March 19, 2015, 03:03:04 AM
Reply #62

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
- Between them, Andriy Yarmolenko and Romelu Lukaku have ten goals and eight assists - 3 goals and 6 assists for Yarmolenko; 7 and 2 for Lukaku.

- Kyiv have won all four of their Europa League home matches, and always by a margin of two goals or more.

- Everton are unbeaten in their four away fixtures in Europe, with two wins and two draws.

Just to put those 4 home wins in perspective, these were their opponents:

Guingamp, Rio Ave, AaB and Steaua Bucuresti

All teams I'd expect us to beat by bigger margins
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 19, 2015, 03:41:09 AM
Reply #63

Everton Mint

Everton... the last remaining British team playing in Europe !

March 19, 2015, 03:56:40 AM
Reply #64

Alanvideo

Everton

Everton

No pressure Everton...

Posted at 21:40
I'm shocked we actually get a mention on BBC Sport page

'' So Everton are the last Premier League side standing in Europe. Tomorrow night they take on Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League.''
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 19, 2015, 04:01:40 AM
Reply #65

Everton Mint

Ha ha, all those bitter Kopites, Mancs & Cockneys having to watch us, hoping we get beat !!  :snigger:

March 19, 2015, 04:10:49 AM
Reply #66

Toddacelli

Ha ha, all those bitter Kopites, Mancs & Cockneys having to watch us, hoping we get beat !!  :snigger:

Fuckem!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 19, 2015, 04:17:50 AM
Reply #67

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I bet the match is on ITV 4 over there ;)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 19, 2015, 04:27:26 AM
Reply #68

Alanvideo

I bet the match is on ITV 4 over there ;)
..........yes it is but it's better than BT Sport with Owen and McManamanaman .
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 19, 2015, 04:37:54 AM
Reply #69

Ross

Time for the nation to get behind us tomorrow...

On ITV 7 +1.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 19, 2015, 05:14:53 AM
Reply #70

American Evertonian

Time for the nation to get behind us tomorrow...

On ITV 7 +1.

I hope most will. I am living abroad, but I have a tough time imagining most neutrals (non-Norweigens and non-Liverplaudians) would cheer against us. We aren't exactly a "hatable" team.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 19, 2015, 05:33:30 AM
Reply #71

Evertonian in NC

We don't conflict with NC State's NCAA tourney game tomorrow, which is good for me, pjc, and maybe 2 or 3 other Wolfpack supporters that I've tried to rally to the Evertonian cause.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:40:29 AM by Evertonian in NC »
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 19, 2015, 06:17:46 AM
Reply #72

BrotherEstapol

Really worried here...not that I don't think we can win it, just that there's the chance we can blow it.

So a draw of any kind is win? A 1-0 loss is a defeat? 2-1 loss is Extra time/Penalties? 3-2 loss is a win?
...and obviously a win of any kind wins the tie.

Just need to score really, once we've scored I'll be much calmer...really hope that away goal we conceded doesn't cost us.

March 19, 2015, 06:32:11 AM
Reply #73

Bluedylan

I think there's a couple of ways we can win:

1) We can do the Wolfsburg counter thing, pack the midfield, play measured, precise football and rinse them on the break with pace when we win the ball off them.

2) We could play high tempo, hassle and press the fuck out of them, and use extra fitness and physicality to unsettle them in the way that a lot of English clubs have over the years in continental competitions, and the way we did for the last hour of the home leg, when they didn't appear to have an answer.

I'd start with the first approach, and if it's not working, switch to the second.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 19, 2015, 07:03:05 AM
Reply #74

chang

Just before we go ....