October 23, 2019, 12:22:29 AM

Author Topic: Dynamo Kyiv v Everton  (Read 49639 times)

March 20, 2015, 02:00:38 AM
Reply #720

Django

To be fair to the players tonight they all gave their all. The tactics and first 11 is what let us down.

You simply cannot go all out attacking away from home and especially when you're choosing to play Barry and Alcaraz through the middle,  you are just asking to get caught out.

Howard was farcical positionally for the two long range strikes. He's got to be getting nearer to them.

March 20, 2015, 02:00:41 AM
Reply #721

KoemansNumberTens

Ultimately he's a young manager and sometimes in football you can't learn something over a few weeks, it takes longer to settle down. If we stay up and alter the squad a bit I think we'll storm the start of next season and be back where we belong but if we just sack Martinez now I can see us becoming a more permanent fixture in the bottom half.

Whats he learnt so far? Its nothing for me. Is anyone confident we wont start next season with Tim Howard in goal whos been easily the worst keeper in the league?? Or with 2 defensive midfielders and yet strangely a massive gap between defence and midfield?? Or belief that possession with our keeper is better than actually throwing some balls into a box and trying to win the second ball?? Or with Naismith playing as a winger??

Its been a shambolic season and hes been completely in denial. Im not the least bit confident he even knows what any of the problems are

March 20, 2015, 02:00:44 AM
Reply #722

bluestevie

It was all down to one thing people: the decision to play Alcatrash instead of Stones. Well done Martinez.

Stones has been fucking sick and suffered weight loss. He would have been susceptible to having a bad game tonight. The bigger issue is why he hasn't brought Distin back into the fold. Guarantee 2 of their goals wouldn't have happened had Sylvain been playing
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 20, 2015, 02:01:01 AM
Reply #723

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Alcaraz makes me want Joey Yobo back

Yobo is far, far a better player than Alcaraz.

To even consider him at the same level is way out.

March 20, 2015, 02:01:08 AM
Reply #724

Shogun

Administrator
Still up for keeping him?

Reluctantly, yes.

The other options scare the shit out of me and I don't think I could care for us if another Moyes was appointed.

March 20, 2015, 02:01:13 AM
Reply #725

Everton Mint

That team has the look of the one that has been failing for months. Better players all on the bench... Stones, Gibson, Garbutt, Besic, Osman.

Clearly Martinez eyes are on the QPR game and tonight is just hope for the best...

As I thought. That team had the look of the ones that have been so shit all season and so it proved again.

If the reason was to save the right team for QPR, then it had better work.

I am sick as I would rather have got a result tonight and hope for the best in the league game...  :headbang:

March 20, 2015, 02:02:31 AM
Reply #726

Tinga

Let him get us safe since he's good at that for the first few seasons but after that he needs to go so we can get a new manager in with enough time to get settled and access everything that is wrong with this shambles of a team. So much dead wood in Barry, Alcaraz, Howard, Distin, Kone (Not his fault but still).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:02:45 AM by Tinga »

March 20, 2015, 02:02:33 AM
Reply #727

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
did he actually say he hadnt come for a 0-0?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 20, 2015, 02:02:47 AM
Reply #728

Django

Stones has been fucking sick and suffered weight loss. He would have been susceptible to having a bad game tonight. The bigger issue is why he hasn't brought Distin back into the fold. Guarantee 2 of their goals wouldn't have happened had Sylvain been playing

This 100%. If Stones was fully fit he'd of been playing. The bigger question is definitely why Alcaraz is ahead of Distin in the pecking order. I've never seen Distin play that shambolic before. It's not even the first time Alcaraz has done that this season.

March 20, 2015, 02:02:48 AM
Reply #729

Waltzer

So for me this was the last glimmer of light, season has been a right off and now we've been thumped by an average team. I'm struggling to defend him, and actually don't want to!
Tactically inept again, yes he's a very nice bloke, but he's simply not good enough and he will take us down, if not this season but next.

March 20, 2015, 02:02:57 AM
Reply #730

Simon Paul

Administrator
did he actually say he hadnt come for a 0-0?

yes, before the game

March 20, 2015, 02:03:33 AM
Reply #731

Bally

Administrator
Yobo is far, far a better player than Alcaraz.

To even consider him at the same level is way out.
and as I said I'd rather Yobo than Alcaraz and I fuckin despised Yobo
It's the roll I way

March 20, 2015, 02:03:52 AM
Reply #732

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 20, 2015, 02:03:55 AM
Reply #733

Bluedylan

Reluctantly, yes.

The other options scare the shit out of me and I don't think I could care for us if another Moyes was appointed.

Weren't you saying if we go out of the EL, that would change your mind about keeping him?

And he's had the mare of all mares tonight. Words fail me really as to how spectacularly misguided that was.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 20, 2015, 02:03:55 AM
Reply #734

Heisenberg

That reminded me of last seasons anfield derby