March 24, 2019, 05:31:14 AM

Author Topic: Dynamo Kyiv v Everton  (Read 43263 times)

March 20, 2015, 02:04:09 AM
Reply #735

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Ultimately he's a young manager and sometimes in football you can't learn something over a few weeks, it takes longer to settle down. If we stay up and alter the squad a bit I think we'll storm the start of next season and be back where we belong but if we just sack Martinez now I can see us becoming a more permanent fixture in the bottom half.

Unless he isn't actually very good.

He'll still be here at the start of the season and I'm just about on the side of thinking that's fair.

But there's a huge catalogue of this type of performance this season which shows almost no ability to learn and amend what's been going wrong.

March 20, 2015, 02:04:33 AM
Reply #736

Simon Paul

Administrator
to me thats unforgivable

I think it was the right approach for this Everton team

there was no way in hell we were keeping a clean sheet tonight

or this season

March 20, 2015, 02:04:49 AM
Reply #737

KoemansNumberTens

Martinez let the players down tonight.

He's got a lot to answer for with how he approached that game tonight.

If we were a goal behind in the tie then I could accept that.

But to set out like that being a goal ahead is just unacceptable. Yes, Alcaraz was poor. But the whole shape of the team was an absolute mess.

Hes actually conceded that his teams cant defend before we kicked off. Weve got some top class defensive players and he conceded we had zero chance of a clean sheet so better play some daft open system.

If he accepts a Martinez team cant defend and he cant fix it then how can anyone think he can fix this. Even he doesnt think he can

[/quote]

March 20, 2015, 02:04:59 AM
Reply #738

Shogun

Administrator
Weren't you saying if we go out of the EL, that would change your mind about keeping him?

And he's had the mare of all mares tonight. Words fail me really as to how spectacularly misguided that was.

I don't know what to think at this point to be perfectly honest mate.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 20, 2015, 02:05:27 AM
Reply #739

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I think it was the right approach for this Everton team

there was no way in hell we were keeping a clean sheet tonight

or this season

0-0 and we go through, what does it say to the players that he basically saying we are defo going to concede?!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 20, 2015, 02:05:34 AM
Reply #740

Ross

Alcaraz makes me want Joey Yobo back

He makes me want Titus Bramble
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 20, 2015, 02:05:38 AM
Reply #741

Simon Paul

Administrator
Unless he isn't actually very good.

He'll still be here at the start of the season and I'm just about on the side of thinking that's fair.

But there's a huge catalogue of this type of performance this season which shows almost no ability to learn and amend what's been going wrong.

I still think pre-season has a LOT to do with this

He set up to play a certain way and the player's weren't fit enough, but he hasn't got it in him to change it immediately

We will see a different Everton next season under Martinez

March 20, 2015, 02:05:54 AM
Reply #742

Waltzer

This 100%. If Stones was fully fit he'd of been playing. The bigger question is definitely why Alcaraz is ahead of Distin in the pecking order. I've never seen Distin play that shambolic before. It's not even the first time Alcaraz has done that this season.

Distin or Barry as centre back would be preferable to Alcaraz, actually playing with 10 would probably be better as at least you wouldn't have the worry of him being on the pitch

March 20, 2015, 02:06:18 AM
Reply #743

Trowel

No European distractions next season, what a boost!
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 20, 2015, 02:06:27 AM
Reply #744

cjohno100

that was wigan tactics from robertoo, shockibg tactics imo, a game we needed a draw and he goes all out , playing alcaraz was a disgrace, we all knew he wasnt upto it yet a manager on millions a year cant see what the average man on the street can see, when team is posted, look how many people were worried about alcaraz? so why cant our manager see the obvious, yes we could of had 4 or 5 ourselves but we didnt need that we needed a tight performance defensively, he said hes not going there for a 0-0 well im sorry that would of seen us through, he put all his hopes on scoring an away goal and forgot to set us up to stop them scoring, dreadful from martinez he was a s bad as alcaraz

March 20, 2015, 02:06:37 AM
Reply #745

Tinga

Whats he learnt so far? Its nothing for me. Is anyone confident we wont start next season with Tim Howard in goal whos been easily the worst keeper in the league?? Or with 2 defensive midfielders and yet strangely a massive gap between defence and midfield?? Or belief that possession with our keeper is better than actually throwing some balls into a box and trying to win the second ball?? Or with Naismith playing as a winger??

Its been a shambolic season and hes been completely in denial. Im not the least bit confident he even knows what any of the problems are

If it took him til the Kiev home game from the fans that were booing the team to change it then he HAS to go, he's a moron who clearly does not learn quick enough to be a top manager.

March 20, 2015, 02:06:41 AM
Reply #746

Simon Paul

Administrator
0-0 and we go through, what does it say to the players that he basically saying we are defo going to concede?!

the players knew they wouldn't keep a clean sheet, they're not stupid (well, not that stupid)

to put that pressure on them not to concede would have been suicide, which, as it turns out, so was the other approach

March 20, 2015, 02:07:24 AM
Reply #747

blueski

Thought it was really mostly down to Barry and Alcaraz that, especially Alcaraz. He's just not good enough. Hate to beat the Moyes drum but can't see him getting in the team for this game under him nor can I see him condoning the way he drifts off the back line and puts so much pressure on Jags and the other defenders.

Once their 2nd and 3rd go in it its all confidence for Kyiv and we've got to open up to try to get back in.

Maybe stones isn't fit enough to start this match but what happened with Distin? We really needed a unit like him to deal with their aerial threat. It wasn't hard to predict with all this regarding the pitch that we'd need to defend in the air.

It maybe is harsh to blame Barry since Iarmolenkos goal was pure class but was he really the right choice to be playing against him?
Nil Satis

March 20, 2015, 02:07:34 AM
Reply #748

Django

Distin or Barry as centre back would be preferable to Alcaraz, actually playing with 10 would probably be better as at least you wouldn't have the worry of him being on the pitch

We've all seen Barry at centre half against Hull. I wouldn't wish that on anyone again.

The worrying thing is that they didn't possess much pace at all apart from Yarmolenko or whoever the fuck he is. Yet they still managed to get in behind us time an time again.

March 20, 2015, 02:07:42 AM
Reply #749

cjohno100

No European distractions next season, what a boost!
yeh we can concentrate on big games like leeds or wolves