March 19, 2019, 08:41:05 PM

Author Topic: Dynamo Kyiv v Everton  (Read 43171 times)

March 20, 2015, 02:07:59 AM
Reply #750

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
to me thats unforgivable

How so.

If had set up all defensively and we lose 1-0, everybody on here sould say we NSNO and SOS. We should attack, not park the bus. Would rather lose 4-1 than lose 1-0 etc etc.

He plays to win, we had our chances. Our big, experienced players bottled it again. They always do.

Jags bottles the big occasions, Alcaraz not good enough, Howard a shambles, barry bottled it, baines too.

We need those players to come through. They haven't all season.

it's either Martinez to go, or the experienced players above.

I would keep Roberto.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 20, 2015, 02:08:39 AM
Reply #751

Bluedylan

There's such a thing as in game management though. Get to 1-1 and then you reorganise. We've picked teams off on the counter before, quite successfully. Cannot fathom for one moment why we wouldn't do that again at 1-1.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 20, 2015, 02:09:22 AM
Reply #752

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Reluctantly, yes.

The other options scare the shit out of me and I don't think I could care for us if another Moyes was appointed.

The lack of options has kept him safe imo.

If there was an "obvious" candidate to come in the pressure would be huge.

A "Moyes" on an upward curve - before he'd been weighed down by experience - would be a very obvious choice.

There isn't one though so he's hanging on by his finger nails.

I don't think that's he's got no clue - you don't get 6 years at PL level without being at least competent. 

But there are huge questions over his base understanding and abilities.

You have to have the correct foundations in your play to succeed.

He neglected them at Wigan and he's neglecting them here.

He has to learn what is needed otherwise there's is almost 0% chance he'll ever here by January.

March 20, 2015, 02:10:09 AM
Reply #753

Trowel

Stones apparently lost a lot of weight during his recent illness, but his excrement might have stayed in position better than Alcaraz.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 20, 2015, 02:10:19 AM
Reply #754

KoemansNumberTens

How so.

If had set up all defensively and we lose 1-0, everybody on here sould say we NSNO and SOS. We should attack, not park the bus. Would rather lose 4-1 than lose 1-0 etc etc.

He plays to win, we had our chances. Our big, experienced players bottled it again. They always do.

Jags bottles the big occasions, Alcaraz not good enough, Howard a shambles, barry bottled it, baines too.

I would keep Roberto.

BUT it looks like Martinez wants to keep Barry and Howard?? What if we line up in August with these 2 in the team?? Hes not looking to change. Apparently Howard has been great this season according to Martinez

March 20, 2015, 02:10:34 AM
Reply #755

Evertonian in NC

Reluctantly, yes.

The other options scare the shit out of me and I don't think I could care for us if another Moyes was appointed.

That where I am, too.  But I don't have much hope or optimism at the moment.  We're probably fucked either way.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 20, 2015, 02:10:40 AM
Reply #756

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
to me thats unforgivable

The way he put it accross was if we setup not to concede we'd get twatted...so we setup to attack (I think) and get twatted. He's a fucking idiot.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

March 20, 2015, 02:10:58 AM
Reply #757

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
How so.

I would keep Roberto.

ive said why in reply to Si, if i heard my manager saying he isnt coming for a 0-0 when that would take us through, id shit myself because he didnt believe i could do my job as a defender. Its awful management. And like BD says, ok get a goal, then change the fucking tactics, tighten up etc.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 20, 2015, 02:12:33 AM
Reply #758

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I still think pre-season has a LOT to do with this

He set up to play a certain way and the player's weren't fit enough, but he hasn't got it in him to change it immediately

We will see a different Everton next season under Martinez

Unless he realises that confidence isn't the be all and end all - we'll always be vulnerable to big dips in results and runs like we've had.

And that will ultimately cost him his job.

You need to be able to defend and weather drops in confidence. So you can pick up points somehow if your players aren't pulling worldies out the bag every other week.

March 20, 2015, 02:12:36 AM
Reply #759

Waltzer

ive said why in reply to Si, if i heard my manager saying he isnt coming for a 0-0 when that would take us through, id shit myself because he didnt believe i could do my job as a defender. Its awful management. And like BD says, ok get a goal, then change the fucking tactics, tighten up etc.

Couldn't agree more, I honestly don't think he could arrange a piss up in a brewery!

March 20, 2015, 02:12:39 AM
Reply #760

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

You can't go to a game saying we want a 0-0, they score and the team is lost. yes he needed to change things but Howard made a poor mistake, Alcaraz made another, we hit the post twice and they scored 2 amazing goals.

I mam angry too but the players have to take the blame too, they experienced pro's, they should be better.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 20, 2015, 02:13:08 AM
Reply #761

Tinga

We could all agree for Martinez to leave but do you honestly see Kenwright sacking him or Martinez leaving?, as I personally can't. I genuinely think we'll be stuck with him for a few seasons yet so we should get used to this.

March 20, 2015, 02:13:25 AM
Reply #762

KoemansNumberTens

Totally agree. Hes conceded before kick off that his teams cant defend. Martinez has no faith in his own teams defensively and seems knows hes not even capable of trying to fix it. Its staggering. If he doesnt think he can fix than how can any of us back him

March 20, 2015, 02:13:40 AM
Reply #763

Simon Paul

Administrator

or he could have told them he was preparing the type of goal that the fifth was, a worldy from out of nowhere, which they are more than capable of

Moyes used to go for 0-0's and get beat every single time

March 20, 2015, 02:13:40 AM
Reply #764

Evertonian in NC

There's such a thing as in game management though. Get to 1-1 and then you reorganise. We've picked teams off on the counter before, quite successfully. Cannot fathom for one moment why we wouldn't do that again at 1-1.

We ABSOLUTELY had to get a goal.  To play like we could get out of there nil-nil because we had a goal lead in hand would have been the height of madness.  But BD is right, we had to take charge once that happen, not shit ourselves and then panic.  I don't get why Osman wan't on the pitch all the way to keep our nerve and quarterback us a bit (to be an ugly American about it).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin